Sign in to follow this  
cloud recluse

Zyflamend

Anybody here experiened with this product - ginger & tumeric based .

Considering using it for my inflamed rotator cuff.

It's the only pain killer I use, and that, rarely.
They also have a PM version to take before sleep.
The herbal combination inhibits COX 2 enzyme but leaves COX1
alone, so no side effects as with BigPharm pain killers, and it supports
healing rather than interfering.

Do take it with food as directed, as taken by itself can cause stomach
discomfort.

Hey cloud,

I know many people who get "good results" using ginger and turmeric based products, meaning they can relieve some of the inflammation, but you should know that that's just a somewhat more gentle way of using an anti-inflammatory.

It's an example of herbalism co-opted by the allopathic mindset that looks at herbs as drugs to make symptoms go away. Traditional herbalism doesn't use ginger to make inflammation go away - ginger is very heating in a certain way, and there are ramifications of that - dispersing energy, which you may or may not actually want to do. Not good for yin-deficiency conditions, etc.,and should be formulated by herbalists, not supplement manufacturers :) .

That's not to say it shouldn't be used - just like anti-inflammatory drugs, there's a place for them, but the point is knowing exactly what you're doing when you're using something that seems to be "natural" and may not be as innocuous as it seems.

If you want to do herbs, I'd suggest going to a TCM or Ayurvedic herbalist and getting a formula that won't cause other imbalances for you. Or try a small dose of Zyflamend for a short period of time, if you need to take the edge off the inflammation.

You might also look into a product called Phytoprofen, by Thorne, which contains some turmeric but the first ingredient is Bromelain (which is also in Wobenzym), and that actually helps the inflammatory process do what it's there to do.

Best,

Karen

Edited by karen

Don't waste your money. I took it once and did not get any relief at all for arthritis in my knee and spent around 60 dollars for it. Got a pulse diagnose from a TCM for 20 dollars for my kidneys and then drank the herbal tea and my arthritis was relieved and this was not why I even got the prescription! If you can see a TCM doctor you will be treated in a very individual and specific way as to what you need at that moment in time. The prescription will help your body heal the problem, whereas the zyflamend is just a safe form of pain relief that does not relieve pain as good as aspirin, in my opinion. Try to get it with a money back gaurantee if possible, compare it to aspirin and I bet you the aspirin works better.

Edited by billb

Sign in to follow this