old3bob

No gods, then no humans

1 hour ago, dmattwads said:

I would be interested to hear your take on demons and demonic possession?

I've had a few run-ins with demons and demonic possession, but none of them were similar to what you'd see in the movies. At most, I've seen people lose memories of events, have someone else controlling their body, and/or going animalistic. Usually, however, what ends up happening is said victims hear sounds following them (such as footsteps, dragging chains, breathing, etc.), they develop unusual interests (One such person was possessed by an incubus; they heard dragging chains behind them at random, developed an unusual sex drive, and was always tired), or have general fatigue. I've never come across one that starts levitating or something of that sort, though I won't dismiss the possibility. The difference between possession and mental illness lies in the level of energetics involved; usually, it's easy to tell at a glance based on the feel of the person involved. It's similar to the feeling when you meet a highly developed person, except inverse. 

58 minutes ago, helpfuldemon said:

Ive since battled schizophrenia and feel demonically possessed.  

Running into my previous statement, there's a difference between being possessed and being mentally ill. Your energy feels like that of schizophrenia, though, of course, I can't give you an official diagnosis. I would seriously suggest looking into methods of correcting or compensating for your system as compared to potential exorcisms. That said, if you are possessed, it would not surprise me given the interests you've shown, but I feel like the root of your issue lies elsewhere. 

Another important thing to note is that as much as I dislike psychiatric medicines, they do provide a perfect bandaid for some issues that are hard to fully fix. I'm not qualified to help you with this, but what I'm saying is from experience with others who had schizophrenia, combined with my own experiences with the US mental health system. I don't know enough about TCM to know if it can help you better than western medicine, but I would suggest looking for potential solutions before focusing on the demonic aspect. 

Question to the OP:

Do you think this world is constantly changing due to the action of external phenomena? This also includes weather events and patterns. 

What brings this change ultimately? ;)

31 minutes ago, Paradoxal said:

I don't know enough about TCM to know if it can help you better than western medicine.

From a TCM POV schizophrenia is treatable but it's not easy, and does not resolve quickly. It also takes a lot of treatments.

• Thanks 1

2 minutes ago, dmattwads said:

From a TCM POV schizophrenia is treatable but it's not easy, and does not resolve quickly. It also takes a lot of treatments.

Then it would likely be best for him to go get some TCM treatment, as western medicine does not possess a permanent cure (if I am understanding you correctly to mean that it has a cure!).

Just now, Paradoxal said:

Then it would likely be best for him to go get some TCM treatment, as western medicine does not possess a permanent cure (if I am understanding you correctly to mean that it has a cure!).

Yes, but it's not easy. My focus in Acupuncture school was mental health.

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Gerard said:

EVERYTHING arises from within YOU including this physical self called the body. 

I do not think so from my experience(s)

In order to experience something it happens in my body-but things did not originate from my said person.

So we can pick up other things energetically lingering. I think this is all a set up what gets tossed out into discussion board.

This is a real FALSE STATEMENT-IMO

then I guess the caveat of external phenomena is up for discussion or not

Edited by sagebrush

6 hours ago, Paradoxal said:

I believe I covered this in a previous thread with you, but it was Archangel Michael. Completely shattered my worldview at the time, and I would like to think it led me to change for the better.

As for the gods that contacted me, my patron is one from a well-known pantheon, but I've been forbidden to give its identity out by said god for whatever reason. I met my patron through work with a guide spirit, though it seems that its been helping me without my knowledge from before I became spiritually aware. I speak with my patron from time to time whenever I have serious questions that can't be answered in normal ways, but we do not chat much. The other ones that I have contact with and have discussed this to some length were the Christian god, and a local Japanese deity that never gave me his name. The Japanese deity resided in Asakusa, near Sensoji Temple (I'm unsure whether he was residing *in* the temple or not, as he never specified); this one looked like an elderly man dressed in Han Dynasty-era scholarly clothes. I'm not even sure on his location of origin, but he had a certain presence that I've only seen from rather powerful gods (specifically, the others were my patron deity and the Christian god). This particular deity helped me with a detox of some particularly bad energy and provided me pointers on better practices to engage in. 

How do you interact with these beings? Do you do some sort of meditation/astral projection, or does it just happen spontaneously?

For some reason, the formatting in my reply to Paradoxal was messed up. To repeat: How do you contact these beings? Do you do it through some form of meditation/astral projection? Or does it happen spontaneously? Or some combination?

4 hours ago, EFreethought said:

For some reason, the formatting in my reply to Paradoxal was messed up. To repeat: How do you contact these beings? Do you do it through some form of meditation/astral projection? Or does it happen spontaneously? Or some combination?

the more concentrated the honesty, sincerity and need of the signal sent then the more likely that signal will be answered...for the law of the universe works to reach out to the hand that reaches for it. (then again there is that saying,  "be careful what you ask for" and also "to whom much is given much is expected".  

Edited by old3bob
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, idiot_stimpy said:

I find this pretty scary. 

I'd say serious because the forces in play are serious if... 

• Like 1

7 hours ago, EFreethought said:

It's been a long time since working with deities was part of my practice but back in my Christian days I was just as disciplined if not more in that practice as I am now. I saw some pretty amazing things happen when I was a Christian and my two primary practices were Bible study and prayer. My praying wasn't just rattling off a wish list but it was contemplative and deep and could last hours sometimes and at that point the being that I was praying to would sometimes begin to answer back.

With that preamble I would say the answer in regards to how to connect with a deity is sincerity, desire, a great deal time studying the scriptures related to it if there are any, and most importantly lots and lots of contemplative prayer directed at it.

As far as profound outward manifestations and Powers I might have had more of that occur when I was a Christian than now.

• Thanks 1

20 hours ago, dmattwads said:

Why couldn't there be humans without gods? I'm not saying this is the case, I'm just asking why couldn't there be?

Interestingly the Buddha said that when a universe ends and there are no more physical planes of existence most beings are reborn in one of the higher Brahma realms until the next universe comes into existence beings gradually due to the exhaustion of their karma drop down to the lower realms as they are formed.

one might question how much Buddhists are privy to concerning Hindu cosmology or that Hindus are privy to concerning Buddhist cosmology?   And what is in common and what is not, (?) thus what the Buddha said or what a Hindu guru said may not cover everything which one can only know for sure by themselves through 1st hand experience. 

• Like 1

11 hours ago, EFreethought said:

I'm still unable to do a full astral projection (as in completely leaving the body), but it does depend. Sometimes, I will do a mental projection (which is where I have somewhat split consciousness, as in I still have awareness of my body, but I can see, hear, and feel things in the astral), sometimes they decide to visit me and I feel a presence of sorts, which I then check via mental projection, and sometimes I call out to them by mentally saying their name with intention to call out to them. The most common way I interact now is the latter, but that only gets do-able once you are able to completely empty your mind of thoughts and keep it that way. I find that if your mind isn't completely empty, it's extremely hard to tell the difference between stray thoughts and the responses of said beings. Sometimes, I have to repeat questions multiple times to get a reliable answer. 

9 hours ago, old3bob said:

the more concentrated the honesty, sincerity and need of the signal sent then the more likely that signal will be answered...for the law of the universe works to reach out to the hand that reaches for it. (then again there is that saying,  "be careful what you ask for" and also "to whom much is given much is expected".  

Tying in, I find the things that improve my receptiveness to such messages include "purity", as in not being sexually active for a time, having a full amount of qi, and having entirely unaffected consciousness (no caffeine, no alcohol, no drugs). Sometimes though, I will get either a garbled answer or a simple "I'm not allowed to tell you that yet".

3 hours ago, Paradoxal said:

I'm still unable to do a full astral projection (as in completely leaving the body), but it does depend. Sometimes, I will do a mental projection (which is where I have somewhat split consciousness, as in I still have awareness of my body, but I can see, hear, and feel things in the astral), sometimes they decide to visit me and I feel a presence of sorts, which I then check via mental projection, and sometimes I call out to them by mentally saying their name with intention to call out to them. The most common way I interact now is the latter, but that only gets do-able once you are able to completely empty your mind of thoughts and keep it that way. I find that if your mind isn't completely empty, it's extremely hard to tell the difference between stray thoughts and the responses of said beings. Sometimes, I have to repeat questions multiple times to get a reliable answer. 

Tying in, I find the things that improve my receptiveness to such messages include "purity", as in not being sexually active for a time, having a full amount of qi, and having entirely unaffected consciousness (no caffeine, no alcohol, no drugs). Sometimes though, I will get either a garbled answer or a simple "I'm not allowed to tell you that yet".

ok, but what is your motive or reason for reception and as related to purity, if you don't mind me asking?

On 12/16/2020 at 3:55 AM, old3bob said:

many dismiss gods (and angles) as superstition or as unimportant...but without them us humans who dismiss them as unimportant or deny them altogether would not exist.  How about that catch...

Its matched by ;

God created humankind but humankind created God .  A two way feedback loop .

2 hours ago, old3bob said:

ok, but what is your motive or reason for reception and as related to purity, if you don't mind me asking?

I'm not exactly sure what you're asking. Could you rephrase that? 

4 minutes ago, Paradoxal said:

I'm not exactly sure what you're asking. Could you rephrase that? 

what are your  motives and or reasons for the things you speak of doing to contact "higher forces".

6 minutes ago, old3bob said:

what are your  motives and or reasons for the things you speak of doing to contact "higher forces".

I found these things out by experimenting with what works best for me. Some were inspired by other rules I've heard of, but I personally tested what worked and what didn't. My initial motive in contacting said beings was a combination of curiosity and malice, as I did not like the idea of there being anything that could affect me without me seeing it. In addition to said motives, curiosity about who I am, what this world is, and why we're here were also certainly motivating midway through. Now, it's mostly a relationship of teacher and student, where I learn what I can from who I can. 

• Like 1

On 12/17/2020 at 7:34 AM, Nungali said:

God created humankind but humankind created God .  A two way feedback loop .

Hi Nun,

th?id=OIP.l0yb_rhmNPaETWujBRC07QHaDf&pid=Api&P=0&w=346&h=163

4God%2Bso%2Bloved%2Bthe%2Bworld-He%2Bsent%2BYeshua-JesusJN3vs16.gif

What are the personal reflections all about?

A two way feedback loop?

- Anand

• Like 1