Marcus V

Hi everyone!!

Hi everyone!!

I came here looking for information about practicing and had been glad by the information shared and to know there is a group of it.

I`m Brazilian, 26, engineer but also with other interests such as arts and music. I have a diary practice routine with 15 minutes of standing posture plus 5 movements. Still initiating but already seen some progress at cognition and anxious, motor coordination improve too. I`m  glad to know the practice and stir up my way. :)

• Like 2

Hi Marcus V, you'll have to tell us more about your practice.  Some standing practices are tied to the elements, others are based on famous zhan zhuang postures.  Good to have you on board.  I'd also love to know how things are going in warm sunny Brazil.  Everyone is so cooped up, it'd be interesting to know how different countries/groups are dealing with it. 

We're an eclectic philosophy forum for learning, discussing and cultivation.  Below are 3 important sections: Our Rules, The Insult Policy and our 3 Foundations.  Before you join give them a read. 

Most of it boils down to being respectful.  No name calling or trolling.  Post as if your mom's looking over your shoulder.  Discussion and arguments are what the board is about.  Keep it civil, don't get personal.  Don't be a troll or one issue zealot. 

We're here for good conversation and making some friends along the way, to be a community.  Jump right in, start threads, ask questions, look for interesting threads and post your (relevant) thoughts. 

For the first week you will be restricted to ten posts per day but after that you can post as much as you like. Also, until you’ve posted fifteen times in the forums, you’ll be a “Junior Bum” with somewhat restricted access and will be allowed only two private messages per day.

TDB team

At your leisure, please review-

Thanks for the reply Thelerner.

I'm doing the standing posture based on Zhang Zhuang posture. Sometimes doing with thumbs down. I honestly don't know a elemental approach of it, by lacking of information. My aim is to keep stillness as long as possible, reaching the zen mind with no thoughts, perfect balance. After that I do grab the sparrow's tail, ondulating hands like clouds, bend the knee and rotate the heel, bend to back and opening the gates ( sorry, this is the literal translation of the movement's names from portuguese to english, the information is very sparse here in Brazil to know exactly the original names.)

I guess the moment is very hard on the whole world, here we are still facing a very violent phase of the pandemy, the hospitals are busy for a long time and no activities at all. Not easy. The days are still brighter but people are still struggling on their routines. Glad to have natural environment near to relax the feelings. 

Again, thanks for the warm welcome!! 

• Like 2