thelerner

A sleep practice

This has the possibility of being profoundly powerful.  Asking your subconscious self a question for it answer at bedtime, before going to sleep.  Ask, expect an answer then let it go.

This was in a Medium article- https://medium.com/the-ascent/a-profoundly-powerful-practice-to-include-in-your-nighttime-routine-f40867d7a3fd  by Ashley Richmond

'..You can ask for anything:

• For an answer to a specific question or problem
  • To be more patient, calm, or tolerant with a certain situation or person
  • To give you ideas for a project
  • For inspiration when facing a creative block

How to do it:

• Think of a problem you need to solve, an answer you need, a negotiation, a project or article idea, or even a book title. Just be sure to only focus on one specific thing you want answered.
  • Ask for what you want, not what you don’t want.
  • Be clear on what you want your subconscious to work on — go into specific detail of exactly what you would like to realise, create, understand. Write your request down for increased effectiveness. Try visualizing if appropriate.
  • When you wake up, go back to your request and write whatever comes to you. Sometimes the answer will be immediately clear, and sometimes it’ll come once you start writing. Write before you do anything else, as thoughts produced during theta brain wave stages are vulnerable to quickly being lost.
  • Remember, you might not see results right away. The first night I tried it, I had two epiphanies. But when I tried it again a few weeks later, nothing came to me. Persist until something happens.

The subconscious is incredibly powerful. What goes on in the subconscious will manifest in the conscious, and will come true in your life. You have the ability to focus and direct this incredible power in whichever direction you choose, to provide answers, insights, or solutions, all while you’re asleep.

Making a request to your subconscious before you go to bed each night will focus the subconscious workings onto that specific request. It’s an incredibly simple, yet profoundly powerful practice to include in your nighttime routine. You have the power to manifest the life you want. You just have to ask for it.'

I think I'll try it and report back.  Maybe other might want to.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

That's crazy, because I used to do this all the time.  Put myself in a meditative state, let my mind wander onto to what I wanted to think about, listened to my mind work on the problem, and passed out.  When I woke up, the problem was solved.

• Like 1

I wouldn't be surprised if everyone at some point stumbled onto this, but never made it into a habit.  Course how many questions can we come up with?

<as always with dream/sleep practices comes sleepless nights, or less sleep.  It tends to set up a bad mental feedback for me.  But I'll keep trying>