Dao Sisters

Hi

Hello y'all, I've been having a copy of Doaist Yoga lingering around for a while now and doing meditation, but only recently started reading as much as possible about the internal arts. As for the external arts, I just started Dao Yin and still looking for a more external martial arts style to complement this. As for the forum, I am honored to be able to learn from any bums here about the more technical details, and reading/sharing experiences. Thanks.

• Like 1

A warm welcome to you, Dao Sisters.  We are honored to have you.  I find our Dao Discussion has the deepest most serious discussions.  Also the PPD's personal discussion blogs can be filled current and old can be filled with great insights.  May I suggest typing 'Dao Yin' into our search engine and looking over the threads you find.

We're an eclectic philosophy forum for learning, discussing and cultivation.  Below are 3 important sections: Our Rules, The Insult Policy and our 3 Foundations.  Before you join give them a read. 

Most of it boils down to being respectful.  No name calling or trolling.  Post as if your mom's looking over your shoulder.  Discussion and arguments are what the board is about.  Keep it civil, don't get personal.  Don't be a troll or one issue zealot. 

We're here for good conversation and making some friends along the way, to be a community.  Jump right in, start threads, ask questions, look for interesting threads and post your (relevant) thoughts. 

For the first week you will be restricted to ten posts per day but after that you can post as much as you like. Also, until you’ve posted fifteen times in the forums, you’ll be a “Junior Bum” with somewhat restricted access and will be allowed only two private messages per day.

TDB team

At your leisure, please review-

Thank you both for your warm welcome.

Yes I found already so much valuable information on this platform just reading on the go-by over the years, the amount of material is impressive. Thank you for the tip using Dao Yin in the search engine, I will most certainly.
Looking forward to forever learning more as time allows me as I try to find the middle.

"Your life has a limit but knowledge has none. If you use what is limited to pursue what has no limit, you will be in danger. If you understand this and still strive for knowledge, you will be in danger for certain! If you do good, stay away from fame. If you do evil, stay away from punishments. Follow the middle; go by what is constant, and you can stay in one piece, keep yourself alive, look after your parents, and live out your years"

Zhuang zi, The Secrets of Caring for Life, Ch3

Best,

DS

Edited by Dao Sisters
  • Like 1