Sign in to follow this  
Old Baby 108

Introduction to the Tao Bums

I was having dinner with one of my former tai chi students the other night and he excitedly showed me the Lama Dorje movie trailer and the book "Pillars of Bliss"-apparently he had a friend who attended the seminar in LA. Being knowledgable in many of the traditions that Max claims to have mastered I decided to investigate him in the interest of protecting my friend from fraud and maintaining the dignity and integrity of the celestial arts that humanity has inherited. My research has led me to this site and I have read a lot of the posts on a few of those particular threads. I thought that I might sign up and discuss.

welcome to taobums.

pretty much everyone here who has studied with max has had amazing results. i think how it is advertised is what makes it seem a little off.

welcome to taobums.

pretty much everyone here who has studied with max has had amazing results. i think how it is advertised is what makes it seem a little off.

Well, if I go by just what I see on the website or read in the book then I think Max should leave human society alone to evolve for awhile and join the X-Men in their struggle against Magneto. (The Uncanny Max-Men, perhaps?) :P

Thanks for the welcome though

I realize that this site is not designed to be a Kunlun site (I apologize for feeding the monkey-Bad monkey!) but it does allow access to Chris who appears to be the strongest link to Max's knowledge available at this time. It also allows access to a number of other Kunlun practioners who are very open in discussing their dedication to the path. I have read many of the posts related to the subject of Kunlun before joining this group and will do my best to only address Kunlun issues that have not been previously discussed or issues that have been discussed but not clarified to my satisfaction (If and when I choose to address them at all.)

I hope that no one misunderstands my statement of intent as an accusation that Max is indeed a fraud or that he has not mastered one art or another. Normally, I would not even entertain making a judgement of this nature (given the absurd conditions inherent in making judgements) but when a student asks me, "What do you think of this guy? I'm thinking about doing this practice." it puts me in a weird place. I did not ever think of this guy before I was asked what I thought of him. Honestly, I don't know what to think and try to avoid it as much as I can.

I think if he came to Iowa, then I would go and see him-it would be impossible to evaluate either the man or his methods without direct experience of both.

Sign in to follow this