Sign in to follow this  
Yoda

Favorite Movie Scene?

The Pet Detective rhinocerous birthing scene has gotta be up there.

Lord of the Rings: YOU SHALL NOT PASS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Lord of the Rings: YOU SHALL NOT PASS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

3660[/snapback]

Same movie...

Frodo I wish the ring had never come to me. I wish none of this had happened.

Gandalf So do all who live to see such times, but that is not for them to decide. All you have to decide is what to do with the time that is given to you.

In eXistenZ where the Jude Law and the incredibly sassy but mysterious game-creator girl decides to "jack-in". ie. plug in to a game inside the game. They stuff this little minitature of a game-pod into their game-ports and then things get strange. Its a very surreal and sexy scene imho. Love it!

Not sure but I saw the trailer for Lion the With and the Wardrobe last night before Star Wars. I read the book when I was in 4th grade and I got chills..

On the funny side-

I loved the scene in "Braveheart" where the crazy old Scott (the one that always babbled 'this is MY island') says:

"The lord thinks he can get you out of this mess. But I'm pretty sure...your f*cked."

On the serious side-

Nothing pulls my heartstrings more than the scene on "The Last Samurai" where old school Li Mu Bai professes the results of his lifelong search for the perfect blossom:

"They are ALL perfect."

-J

there's something that gets me every time about the scene in pulp fiction where she does a line of heroin, thinking it's cocaine. i just want to jump in the television and stop her.

and there's also that scene from the pianist where he plays for the german officer and hasn't played in so long. oh gosh.. it's so gorgeous.

-em

LotR - where Gimli says "Toss me, toss me... but don't tell the elf..." rofl

Also,

Shine - a really powerful movie. I can relate, being a musician. I love all the scenes here, but there's this one where he almost wins this contest, but then is narrowly defeated by some other pianist... yeah.

And, of course,

Dirty Dancing (1) - the last dance. The final scene. Whatsoever, it's magical.

Saw this today:

A small boy laying belly down on his father's chest...listening with one ear pressed against him.

BOY: "Daddy, what's that noise that sounds like pa-bump, pa-bump?"

DADDY: "That's my heart talking to you."

BOY: "Doe's it ever say anything else?"

DADDY: "No."

The boy gets this 'shoot' look on his face.

But he persists on listening for some time afterwards...

And then...

BOY: "I heard it just say goop-sploosh!"

DADDY: "That's my stomach."

BOY: "Your stomach talks TOO?"

DADDY: "Yep."

An amazed look crosses the boys face.

(and then enter the cereal brands that the makers are trying to recommend)

This is one very nice commercial! Pretty cute.

Sign in to follow this