Sign in to follow this  
Mig

News, breaking news

I have observed for the past years how much information is out there and how people are addicted to read, listen and watch the news. Not only that but now you watch fake news or purely sensationalism news. Meanwhile the ratings are higher and higher, they are making more money and people are becoming conditioned to believe or make an educated decision based on news. What's going on folks?

Gave up news along with broadcast television/cable and satellite 11 years ago. 

One of my best decisions ever for long term health and clarity of mind for myself and my family and the tone of our home. 

What we think is a major part of our experience of reality.

What i choose to consume with mind, is more important for long term health to me these days than what i eat, for it determines much of the framework and quality of my inner life.

News for decades now, no longer seems meant to educate, elucidate, enlighten, or help.  Its focus seems to be intentionally crafted to sensationalize, marginalize outright traumatize and manipulate feelings so you're ripe for a talking head to sell you a cure-all at the commercial break...

Broadcast news is scripted by three main sources and redundant beyond belief.  Surreal.  Like something out of a Terry Gilliam film.  Print news has a bit more leeway, but suffers the same sensationalist, manipulative craftingness syndrome.

• Like 1

I have noticed a trend here lately , in the middle of the news on tv, on some stations, NOT during an 'ad break' but presented along with the other news stories  things like ;

'Coles have announced that due to unseasonal rain and warm temperatures ( footage of farmland , smiling farmers etc ) they have managed to secure  large amounts of cheap good quality vegetables  enabling them to pass on savings to customers .  (Then back to the 'news' reader, who sits there with a dead straight serious face) ;   " For example,   mangoes  $1.20 ,   Broccoli $4.99 a kilo ,   etc    "

REALLY   ? 

On 11/30/2020 at 12:25 PM, Nungali said:

I have noticed a trend here lately , in the middle of the news on tv, on some stations, NOT during an 'ad break' but presented along with the other news stories  things like ;

'Coles have announced that due to unseasonal rain and warm temperatures ( footage of farmland , smiling farmers etc ) they have managed to secure  large amounts of cheap good quality vegetables  enabling them to pass on savings to customers .  (Then back to the 'news' reader, who sits there with a dead straight serious face) ;   " For example,   mangoes  $1.20 ,   Broccoli $4.99 a kilo ,   etc    "

REALLY   ? 

In the beginning of Internet, everybody tought we could get things for free, now news they push you to subscribe and see how they can check how you watch news and what you can buy from them or affiliated programs they work together.

Except  adverts during the news is illegal here .   So they pretend its 'news ' 

These guys keep busting them .

image.png.61c84ad212e55721da034ee7c36673b5.png

• Like 1

Sign in to follow this