Hello, I am new here, I have a strong interest in cultivation and neigong.

Have anyone here tried Mopai - John Chang cultivation method?

What are the possible + and - ?

Would you recommend it, or some other cultivation system, and why?

I don't think it's likely that you'll find a reputable doorway into that lineage....as John Chang (according to what i read) has passed away.  I would choose your cultivation system according to your goals. 

Enlightenment, Healing, Occult Knowledge, Martial Arts....each individual will gravitate towards different currents. 

Spring Forest Qigong (Healing) 

Stillness Movement (Healing) 

Tai Chi (Martial) 

Hoshin Budo (Martial) 

KAP  (Kundalini Oriented) 

Hard Light & Mark Griffin (Enlightenment)      

...........etc.

• Like 5

8 hours ago, XianGong said:

Keep posting, and someone from SOMAD will contact you sooner and later. 

For the + and -, use the search function for Mo Pai and you will find looong discussions about just that. 

More Pie Guy is still alive and kicking, although he tends to be kicked out 😁. 

Damo Mitchell is popular, as is Jerry Alan Johnson. And then there are the super secret styles, but they tend to be "invitation only". 

• Like 1

14 hours ago, XianGong said:

Hello, I am new here, I have a strong interest in cultivation and neigong.

What are the possible + and - ?

Would you recommend it, or some other cultivation system, and why?

Regarding mopai:

19 hours ago, RiverSnake said:

I don't think it's likely that you'll find a reputable doorway into that lineage....as John Chang (according to what i read) has passed away.  I would choose your cultivation system according to your goals. 

Enlightenment, Healing, Occult Knowledge, Martial Arts....each individual will gravitate towards different currents. 

Spring Forest Qigong (Healing) 

Stillness Movement (Healing) 

Tai Chi (Martial) 

Hoshin Budo (Martial) 

KAP  (Kundalini Oriented) 

Hard Light & Mark Griffin (Enlightenment)      

...........etc.

So which system I chose for pyrokinesis and levitation, and immortality later down the road?

1 hour ago, XianGong said:

So which system I chose for pyrokinesis and levitation, and immortality later down the road?

Learn CGI 

• Haha 2

3 hours ago, RiverSnake said:

My understanding is that Kundalini does help amplify Siddhis....though like all approaches it requires intense personal effort. 

Kundalini is not a tradition, it is a practice within certain ancient schools and traditions, as far as I know.

Who can teach Kundalini? That thing sounds complex.

15 minutes ago, RiverSnake said:

You did not take the time to read my first post. You will have better luck getting the info you need if you actually read the responses. Douche. 

?
I am looking for something real.

No need for rudeness here.

Edited by XianGong
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, XianGong said:

I am looking for something real.

No need for rudeness here.

Ahhh, there is some history to those questions and responses. 

For levitation, seek a teacher that at least claims one of his teachers could levitate. 

That implies James McNeil, Nine little heaven. 

For immortality, Nei Dan is considered a road to that. 

Finding a teacher who is willing to teach beyond the rudimentries is a/the challenge. 

Edited by Cleansox
Added stuff
  • Like 2

15 hours ago, XianGong said:

From a Buddhist point of view usually seeking powers for powers, sake is discouraged as it tends to increase the delusion of the self, BUT typically powers tend to be a side effect of getting into the Jhanas. As far as immortality goes the Buddha said one of the things that creates suffering in life is impermanence such as birth, aging, sickness, and death. Since there has never been any being that didn't eventually die this would seem to indicate that immortality isn't possible. 

• Like 1

As others have said, Mo pai is probably a dead end as they have been forbidden to teach westerners.

There are plenty of other high quality lineages around, as noted above.

Good luck.

Edited by JohnC

15 hours ago, XianGong said:

Why do you want to learn pyrokinesis? Cook dinner with? :lol: Because John Chang demonstrated it?

• Haha 2

Before starting a form, one of my teachers would always say.

Kind Heart

Quiet Heart

Sincere Heart

and then at times, seemingly randomly during the forms

"peaceful people gather power..."

The smile on his face when he'd say that spoke volumes about what was at his core in teaching.

From my experience, those most drawn to acquiring power, are least suited to wielding it.

And this perhaps explains the proclivity of Teachers reluctant to share deep, indoor methods.

Wisdom before Power.

Compassion before Power.

Kind Heart

Quiet Heart

Sincere Heart

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

7 minutes ago, silent thunder said:

From my experience, those most drawn to acquiring power, are least suited to wielding it.

Seeking power for the sake of power is of the ego. 

discernment

and the serenity prayer

my apology for interrupting mopai neigong thread

chop wood carry water

damn thats always good

false power is gaining the whole world and loosing your self.. 

and I will say again:

there is no greater Spirit than the Holy Spirit-Jesus Christ/Son of God

I wont argue the point-that not necessary.

God Grant me the Serenity to accept the things I can

the courage to change the things I can't

and the wisdom to KNOW the difference.

My apology to Opening post and convoluted trail.

Edited by sagebrush
  • Like 1

19 hours ago, XianGong said:

That's easy, the one where the instructor lights things on fire with his mind, floats pennies off the floor without touching them infront of you, like its no big deal.  Plus they should be at least 140 years old.  If you find them, and they're real, good its no guarantee you'll get such 'powers', not even after decades of hard dedicated training.  Nor that such things will make you happy or a better human being. 

• Like 1

14 hours ago, XianGong said:

Kundalini is not a tradition, it is a practice within certain ancient schools and traditions, as far as I know.

Who can teach Kundalini? That thing sounds complex.

Hope this is helpful.  The KAP program (https://kundaliniawakeningprocess.com/blog/kap-explained/) is done over the net.  Its kind of a Jeet Kune Do of energy training, borrowing things from a few different traditions, ie those that work best, fastest and safest.  You get feedback from a teacher during the internet sessions.  Certainly no guarantee of success, but its a solid program based on Doc Glenn Morris's work.

Note I went through.  It kicked up my energy but no Kundalini, course I tend to be energy resistant and a slackard.  I think they have/had a sale going on.  Tao Semko who's running some session is very impressive, in my book. 

https://kundaliniawakeningprocess.com/blog/video-what-are-different-ways-that-people-feel-kundalini-in-their-bodies/

In this issue:

• Donate $100 to a food bank or shelter and save $300!
  • Video: All the ways people feel kundalini...
  • Schedules:  Upcoming classes in December and January
  • Doctor Morris's Books...

Donate $100 to a local food bank or shelter this holiday weekend, and Tao Semko will give you $300 off registration on his upcoming Online Improved Kundalini Awakening Process class!

Tao Semko is giving a US$300 discount on his next KAP Level One or Two 12-week Online Course when you make a US$100 donation to a local food bank, homeless shelter, domestic violence shelter, Native American/First Nation charity, civil rights charity, mental health charity, or to a 4-star Charity Navigator vetted COVID-19 community relief charity.

or

Video: All the (Kundalini!) Feels

A very grainy video but highly informative livestream video capture from a 2011 Skype Question & Answer session with Senior KAP instructor Tao Semko on the wide variety of kinesthetic experiences people have as kundalini streams upwards in their bodies:
Please click the image or this text to view the above video on our blog

More about Dr. Morris's KAP as a method...

Frequently Asked Questions about Dr. Morris's Improved Kundalini Awakening Process (KAP)

Testimonials

Free Videos and Articles about KAP, Kundalini Awakening and Integration, Kundalini Syndrome, practical physiology and metaphysics, and more

To learn Dr. Morris’s Improved Kundalini Awakening Process: click here

On 12/1/2020 at 7:34 PM, dmattwads said:

Seeking power for the sake of power is of the ego. 

Well, many things are of Ego. Seeking power is just the tiny tip of an Iceberg, and if you gonna look for everything that Ego is, there will be nothing left in the end. Sitting on the forum and talking with people is an Ego too. Guess seeking power is the most obvious thing that comes to mind. However, desire to become strong and powerful is not purely Ego, it is a natural path of evolution and self-development and it may also mean a human has a backbone and intention for cultivation. People who become worlds strongest in martial arts and compete, not necessarily do this out of "Ego", but they do have this inherent desire to become strong or the strongest man in the world. Labelling something as Ego does not clear or purify anything from Ego and can be also perceived as an Ego action in itself, as it essentially is a labelling action, it means you are labelling something as being low and indecent...

On 12/1/2020 at 10:13 PM, thelerner said:

That's easy, the one where the instructor lights things on fire with his mind, floats pennies off the floor without touching them infront of you, like its no big deal.  Plus they should be at least 140 years old.  If you find them, and they're real, good its no guarantee you'll get such 'powers', not even after decades of hard dedicated training.  Nor that such things will make you happy or a better human being. 

I will try to find them once I have more financial resources to travel and internal power. Chances are if you find the master who can burn things with his mind, the first thing he burns is the guy who comes and bothers him. :lol:

The most interesting part is to observe and study from people who got far on the road of cultivation.

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

7 hours ago, XianGong said:

Well, many things are of Ego. Seeking power is just the tiny tip of an Iceberg, and if you gonna look for everything that Ego is, there will be nothing left in the end. Sitting on the forum and talking with people is an Ego too. Guess seeking power is the most obvious thing that comes to mind. However, desire to become strong and powerful is not purely Ego, it is a natural path of evolution and self-development and it may also mean a human has a backbone and intention for cultivation. People who become worlds strongest in martial arts and compete, not necessarily do this out of "Ego", but they do have this inherent desire to become strong or the strongest man in the world. Labelling something as Ego does not clear or purify anything from Ego and can be also perceived as an Ego action in itself, as it essentially is a labelling action, it means you are labelling something as being low and indecent...

If you look for everything that is ego, then perhaps there won't be any ego left in the end.

Desire is the product of ego. Remove ego then the basis for desire disappears of its own accord. 

7 hours ago, XianGong said:

I will try to find them once I have more financial resources to travel and internal power. Chances are if you find the master who can burn things with his mind, the first thing he burns is the guy who comes and bothers him. :lol:

The most interesting part is to observe and study from people who got far on the road of cultivation.

star-wars-the-rise-of-skywalker-emperor-

• Like 1
  • Haha 1