idquest

Vigyan Bhairav Tantra

Anybody studied the text and practised from it? Some techniques from this text are widely practised across the world, and some not. I'm interested in a systematic review of the text and appreciate any input. Google gives out a couple of good references but not enough for a systematic study.

On 11/27/2020 at 11:58 AM, idquest said:

Anybody studied the text and practised from it? Some techniques from this text are widely practised across the world, and some not. I'm interested in a systematic review of the text and appreciate any input. Google gives out a couple of good references but not enough for a systematic study.

Read Swami Lakshman Joo’s  book called the “Shiva Sutras — The supreme awakening”. It is what you’re looking for. 

Edited by dwai

4 hours ago, dwai said:

Read Swami Lakshman Joo’s  book called the “Shiva Sutras — The supreme awakening”. It is what you’re looking for. 

Many thanks, dwai, much appreciated. It is indeed what I was looking for.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, idquest said:

Haha, talking about coincidence!

Thanks, dwai!

There are no coincidences in the spiritual path :) 

• Like 2

there's some guy on youtube doing a explanatory commentary on the VBT,  christoper wallis. 

On 01/06/2021 at 8:52 AM, liberale.ironikerin said:

there's some guy on youtube doing a explanatory commentary on the VBT,  christoper wallis. 

Yes and he also teaches esoteric practices from the VBT.

11 hours ago, idquest said:

Yes and he also teaches esoteric practices from the VBT.

Hes a fantastic scholar, no doubt. But what do you think about his personal progress? To me, he appears to be very -simple- so I doubt his personal progress is very high, which should be if his studies are fruitful, no?

16 hours ago, Jaba said:

Hes a fantastic scholar, no doubt. But what do you think about his personal progress? To me, he appears to be very -simple- so I doubt his personal progress is very high, which should be if his studies are fruitful, no?

I haven't met Wallis personally so I can't say from my face-to-face experience. Remote assessment is not easy. Just remember that if you only watched his free Youtube videos, you can be sure that he can offer much more when you become more involved. Overall, I have an impression he knows what he is talking about. The practices he teaches on his paid portal and in the retreats are deep.

• Thanks 1

10 hours ago, idquest said:

I haven't met Wallis personally so I can't say from my face-to-face experience. Remote assessment is not easy. Just remember that if you only watched his free Youtube videos, you can be sure that he can offer much more when you become more involved. Overall, I have an impression he knows what he is talking about. The practices he teaches on his paid portal and in the retreats are deep.

It's great to have an 'insider' review him here. Do you know what is his teaching background? He recently closed his facebook group when it reached 10k members. It's a little strange for a teacher to limit his audience....Do you know how many years he has been teaching for?

5 hours ago, Jaba said:

It's great to have an 'insider' review him here. Do you know what is his teaching background? He recently closed his facebook group when it reached 10k members. It's a little strange for a teacher to limit his audience....Do you know how many years he has been teaching for?

Hi FB group is active and it is accepting new members as far as I know. The last addition was a week ago.

2 hours ago, idquest said:

Hi FB group is active and it is accepting new members as far as I know. The last addition was a week ago.

Oh no, oh no, oh no no no no no no

Chris created an announcement post about 2 months ago? that he will cap the facebook group at 10,000 members.