thelerner

Happy Thanksgiving

We've all been bitching and rightfully so.  It's been a trying year, what with the deaths, illness, layoff and such.. but at least we're not turkeys :0

Still, its in such times, you gotta count your blessings and appreciate what you've got.  Having decent family, food and shelter are all pretty good.  Good enough to toast to, and another for a better year to come. 

Made a pretty tasty cranberry sauce this year.  Ghee, cranberries, heated up, then added thinly diced mandarin orange(including the skin), added some wine, drank some wine, added brown sugar. A little pumpkin spice, I saw we had some balsamic fig vinegar, added a bit of that, let it cook down, perfect

• Like 6

I just realized now yesterday was Thanksgiving .

I wanted to make a nice Vietnamese cold beef salad for lunch the day before , but no chili  . Thought to have it the next day . So marinated a  porterhouse steak overnight , in a complex and delicious marinade I concocted . Every few hours I would go to the fridge and turn it over in the marinade .  I went and got chilli the next morning. I collected fragrant wood made a fire and let it burn to coals. I put the steak on a grill above it and went inside to make the salad and the dressing . I went back outside to get the steak  ....

and a turkey was eating it .      :angry:

The unique Aussie island that celebrates Thanksgiving ;

https://familytravel.com.au/norfolk-island-thanksgiving/

• Like 6

Happy thanksgiving. I thank my friends here for all the agreements and the disagreements. I wouldn’t be what I am without either :) 🤗

• Like 4

Happy Thanksgiving to all of my DB friends and folks.

It’s bittersweet being a moderator.

I feel a sense of loss for many who aren’t here and gratitude for those who are.

I look forward to continuing to weather the storm of samsara with all of you .

With love and appreciation

❤️🙏🏽❤️

• Like 5

This day is always bitter with a hint of sweet.

Bitter in what it represents and what it is culturally.

Sweet in what it is (to me in my little circle of life) and what it represents (to me in that context).

• Like 5