waterdrop

asked about practice effect - need help interperting

I asked the yi jing :  " what was the influence of what i practiced in this system on my back health "

I got hexagram   28      --- with  six (changing yang)  in the third       ----       that changed in to  47         .... and hidden hexagram is  1 

Background : I got major back pain since i started doing  this system in an online course ( the course is great and i recommend it , and im still planing on doing parts of it (the non physical)  -  it seems i got something wrong in the physical aspect of it)    so i stopped doing most of it   -  and i plan to start doing part of the course   which is non physical    ,  but still wonder if that is right and i should just get back into doing the regular online  course   and not just the heavenly streams part 

Edited by waterdrop
making title not similar to another
  • Like 1

Honestly I would recommend seeing the teachers in person. If that's not possible for you I recommend you record yourself doing the practices for direct feedback. I just went to see a teacher who is very skilled and has trained in Damo's lineage, and my Wuji posture was corrected severely. My kua is not open enough and I was prescribed specific stretching exercises to open the kua. 

You may be able to do stuff on your own at home, but to me -- at my current vantage point -- it seems that direct face-to-face time with highly attained teachers is invaluable to really grasping the main points and then heading back to the mat and training intensely. Without the direction and also the subtle influence of their Qi field and being able to be directed to what is important for exactly you, it can quite often feel like shooting in the dark. 

Since you're part of the online community and if you don't have access or opportunity to visit any teachers in person, I recommend posting videos of yourself doing the postures and the stretches and having the senior members comment or Damo himself comment when he is available. 

Best of luck. :) 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

Thanks for the ideas ,  i have asked question relating to this in that fourm already ,  including about my posture and stretches ,      and damo is in a retreat at the moment and dosnt answer posts , i may ask the group when he is back to replying so chances he sees reply are better , but anyway without connection to that i do want to get the "yi jing"  point of view about this matter   -   so it is a good opportunity to add im just asking here only on the matter from the  yijing aspect  and not general advice on the subject itself   -  that is why i ask this in yijing section and on the divnation results  and not about the subject itself which will just derail this thread to something i am not interested to discuss here

Edited by waterdrop

1 hour ago, waterdrop said:

Thanks for the ideas ,  i have asked question relating to this in that fourm already ,  including about my posture and stretches ,      and damo is in a retreat at the moment and dosnt answer posts , i may ask the group when he is back to replying so chances he sees reply are better , but anyway without connection to that i do want to get the "yi jing"  point of view about this matter   -   so it is a good opportunity to add im just asking here only on the matter from the  yijing aspect  and not general advice on the subject itself   -  that is why i ask this in yijing section and on the divnation results  and not about the subject itself which will just derail this thread to something i am not interested to discuss here

One thing is getting an answer based on what you're describing. Another is to actually SEE how you perform things. Hence my recommendation to record yourself. As far as I know, you have not done this. So that is what I recommend. Record yourself doing the different stretches, Wuji, Ji Bens, what else you've been doing that you find you have issues with and get direct feedback on exactly that and then try to correct your mistakes (and they'll be there...). 

That's far better than saying: "When I stretch I feel pain. What to do?"

I hope that makes sense. Good luck onwards. 

• Like 1

I have sent a couple of pictures of myself from different angles doing wuji and got corrections which i adjusted my posture accordingly  (and its clear of course it needs a very long time to perfect and for sure i still got lots to fix  - but since the pain i got are soo strong (as in i randomly freeze during the day without being able to move cause of back pain)   i am not sure i have time to keep practicing and correcting - as i did before ) and did a lot of other stuff as well including medical professionals   - and i am going to keep asking about this issue there  (not just stretching or wuji  -  might even be somehow from dantian gong)  but again i dont want to discuss my strong back pains here      , i want to discuss the yi jing results i got and interpret them         ..........   so i really want to not get replies on how to solve my back pain issue and what is smart to do  but to get replies about the yi jing results i got and how people interpret the results

Edited by waterdrop
  • Like 1

Ah. Excellent, fair enough then :) I won't disturb your thread any longer then.

May you find fruitful answers to your Yi Jing inquiry. 

• Like 2