Sign in to follow this  
hyok

Politics and The Dao

It's fascinating to me how the providence of Yin and Yang are so prevalent in today's politics.  It seems TOO apparent.  TOO obvious.  Yet this polarization feels like it's edging towards a resolution that may not be so equitable for all parties involved.

Maybe I'm watching too much TV.  Maybe I should delete Twitter and turn-off the internet.  You can say this, and you might be right.  But there's more to this than what's churning on the surfaces of not only legacy media but even along the fringes.

The lines between the Fringe and the Mainstream have become blurred in the age of COVID.  Yet, as a Daoist, I feel compelled to step back and observe.  I feel obligated to avoid taking sides and remain centered in that things must happen as they do and I should not interfere in the process.

But am I wrong?  Are there moments in time where the Sage must also pick a side? (i am not Sage but a follower of Sages and their derivatives).  

In the bowels of who I am I WANT to pick a side. In the shallow innards of my being I WANT to protest what I believe is wrong.  But I also want a threesome and really good Belgian ale.  

These things, as important as they may seem to me, feel irrelevant at the same time.

What say you, Daoists, in this precarious moment in history?  The universe is old and this has probably happened billions of times before.  What makes this any different?  

IMHO, nothing makes it different.  There is nothing new under the sun.

• Like 1

On 21/11/2020 at 3:39 AM, hyok said:

What say you, Daoists, in this precarious moment in history?  The universe is old and this has probably happened billions of times before.  What makes this any different?

Our emotional attachment makes it seem different.

On 21/11/2020 at 3:39 AM, hyok said:

In the bowels of who I am I WANT to pick a side. In the shallow innards of my being I WANT to protest what I believe is wrong.

Do your part - whilst realising that it's all irrelevant and unimportant anyway.

When you hear a tune that touches you - and you can't help but have a little dance - you don't attach, you don't cling, you don't think about it and try to understand it after the fact... You have your boogie and then you get on with other things.

Placing undue importance and participating in the emotional drama of politics is (in my opinion) is very much counter 'spiritual'... and is much more 'selfish'... In the sense that your spiritual aspect is absent of 'self'... whereas strong political drama is very much a 'self-creating' act.

Cast your vote and let it go.

Speak your opinion and let it go.

Don't get involved in the drama or it will pull you into the world of drama and away from your spiritual goals.

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

Well, I deleted Twitter 😂 I didn't quite turn off the internet but I'm using it sparingly.

Picking a side? I'll pick one when there is one to pick. But amidst the noise, I'm cool climbing back into the cave for a little while longer.

You are in trouble for bringing up threesomes and Belgian ale, though. A guy's trying to cultivate here :P

• Like 1

No Twitter.  No Facebook.  No Instadorf.  No news.

Sipped a bit of 'the news' occasionally during the covid thing this year... but wow, that had to end with the election.

After an 11 year break from media news, watching it again was like viewing a Terry Gilliam film on acid with my racist Uncle.

Most of my internet time is this forum and one other... and youtubez in the background with music or lectures playing.

• Like 1
  • Haha 3

Strange thing happened after I posted this.  All the news of election fr@ub came about and I went on Tw!ttt3r to ask about this.  Genuine questions.  Suddenly my PC detects network intrusions.  Files are deleted.  No F'n joke.  

Being a rebellious Taoist I continued asking FULL FORCE.  Suddenly, my p0rn collection is being displayed every morning on my monitor full screen. 

Honest to Tao truth.

Conclusion:  Truth is being suppressed by dark forces, my friends.  Be wary.  Be nimble.  Be strong. Build your energy and don't take the vaccine. 

Sign in to follow this