Sign in to follow this  
johndoe2012

Come back to your true nature

John Wheeler on our true nature

Our true nature is often pointed out as intrinsic or innate awareness. The question is—do we recognize that? Do we see it for ourselves? Do we know ourselves to be that? Let us bring this into the present moment and make this simpler. Right here, right now, as we sit here tonight, can we recognize and acknowledge our essential being and its nature of awareness? Is it emphatically clear, without any doubt at all? If this is unclear, then we are going to misperceive who or what we are. And there will arise a mistaken view of ourselves. We will grasp onto something else—a mistaken sense of “I.”

Right now, in our direct experience, this intrinsic nature must be present. Can we recognize it? Do we know it clearly? It must be here because we are here, our being is present. The way this got pointed out to me was as follows. “Sailor” Bob Adamson had me pause and recognize a couple of things. One was what he called presence, or the sense of being, this simple sense of “I am,” the recognition that you are. He asked me, “Can you sense or do you know that you are present? Is there a sense of being?” Of course, this is undeniable! And he pointed out this sense of awareness by asking, “Are you aware? Are you aware right now of thoughts, feelings and perceptions happening?” This was something that I could recognize. I think that anybody can. Basically, we know as clear as day that we are here and there is awareness present. So the way he introduced this was to point out this undeniable sense of presence-awareness and get us to look at that.

A song about Being, that which is always present

Enjoy!

On 11/20/2020 at 6:36 PM, johndoe2012 said:

Being, that which is always present

Hi johndoe2012,

Thank you for the present...

your-life-and-how-you-live-begins-now-the-wisdom-podcast-s2e8.gif

Life begins with Being?

- Anand

3 hours ago, johndoe2012 said:

You are Being, always, even though it appears not to.

The mind may come up with another story but that is an error it makes.

Hi johndoe2012,

I am only a human being who can make error(s) ~ but I learn from my mistakes.

I try to...

1. Focus on being happy 24/7

2. Focus on being harmless 24/7

- Anand

On 11/20/2020 at 6:36 PM, johndoe2012 said:

"Our true nature is often pointed out as intrinsic or innate awareness. The question is—do we recognize that? Do we see it for ourselves? Do we know ourselves to be that?"

Hi johndoe2012,

It was trying for me to the address the three '?' ~ years before.

But now I am getting closer to know myself ~ step by step.

- Anand

Sign in to follow this