Jadespear

Wander the world

How often have I dreamt of wandering the world

What level of mystical ability would I need to withstand the elements?

What level of humanity would I need to assimilate into human events?

Where would I go, what would I do?

Would you wander the world?

Would you attempt to survive against nature?

Would you venture into the unknown out of sheer spite for the insanity of the modern world?

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

7 minutes ago, Jadespear said:

Would you venture into the unknown out of sheer spite for the insanity of the modern world?

Nah but I admire your energy and oomph.

• Like 1

Viking was a verb in its home tongue... it means Exploring... or Adventuring, or as I experience it... 'i wonder what's around that bend, peak, forest, river, ocean...'  I've always been fascinated by other cultures, foods, languages, customs... 

Been exploring my entire life... but only touched a smidgeon of this tiny planet.

And then I turned within and... :o found infinity... :wub:

Edited by silent thunder
  • Like 6

I have a history of being a "bad influence " on people asking these kind of questions 

Edited by Sketch
  • Haha 1

Thanks everyone. 

While, I'm not really a practicing "meditator" to these levels... I still am a wanderer desiring to roam into the unknown.  The world is a very large place, living in modern society seems stifling at times.  Freedom is really what I'm after, the power to choose the course of my fate outside of the bounds of trading time and skills for money.  The small tastes of blissful experiences have gleaned across my being time and time again... I wonder how to find a place to reside in them for a long long long time, maybe forever.  Do the legends of meditators seeped in meditation for years even hold merit, are they actually true?  What about the taoist immortals... does anyone know where to find them?

• Thanks 1

19 minutes ago, Jadespear said:

Do the legends of meditators seeped in meditation for years even hold merit, are they actually true?

I assume that they are true, as when one gets deep in meditation, it is certainly hard to see the outside world. I used to go into traces for hours on end, only breaking out of them when my parents would try to talk to me. It's also reasonable to note that due to training, at this point, I'm in a near constant state of mind similar to what is achieved via meditation, though, my state isn't quite the same as meditation.

21 minutes ago, Jadespear said:

What about the taoist immortals... does anyone know where to find them?

I've had contact with beings that I've been informed were taoist immortals before. As I've not confirmed their powers, I can't say for sure, but the beings I have been in contact with did not assume a physical form. They were a presence akin to ghosts or local deities, but much more powerful and pure. One visited my home for a time and scared my cat quite a lot. 

On 20/10/2020 at 12:18 PM, Jadespear said:

How often have I dreamt of wandering the world

What level of mystical ability would I need to withstand the elements?

What level of humanity would I need to assimilate into human events?

Where would I go, what would I do?

In the words of wise elders ;    '  No , you cant come with us .'

'Why not ? '

"Because you would die . "

.. and thats going   with  the Elders !  It depends where you go of course . The above relates to a crossing of part of Australia, regardless people have been doing this for 10s of 1000s of years .

I did it once , in my youth, before I know what I know now .  It is worth it for the wonderful feeling at the beginning  !   Oh it was bliss !    for a few weeks , then hunger and hunting became of utmost focus .  I have learnt a lot more since and  been in admiration of the skill needed to actually do it ( that I have observed in some Aboriginal friends that have been taught how to do it  ... there is a key word !

Back then I hadnt been taught much at all . As I said, it all went well until the hunger and the hunting problem ( ie. you need enough energy to actually go out hunting / gathering . Unsuccessful hunts make you more hungry and use up reserves, a few of those in a row and you are heading for trouble .  Then there was the food poisoning , during a massive flood event  and I was in an  area that had been isolated by floods , no one about , just me . Anyway, I survived .  Even to this day I am thankful for a roof and dry bed whenever the rain sets in.  A wet muddy sleeping bag ( with added vomit and diarrhoea ) and a collapsed wet tent and hardly being able to move and day after day of pelting rain and cold  aint too much fun .

MY solution is to be fringe dweller ; essential comforts but minimal   "  insanity of the modern world "  .

Like all things human, even travelling alone , to be successful  we need to do it within a 'network' of help and support , (we are social animals ). Even amongst people that seem to be doing it themselves ;

main Aboriginal trade routes ;

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcT5WJQFh4bitmy75A3O1nd

A friends son walked  from Turkey to Egypt ... but he was  ex- Army . . . .  and that was with mod cons.

People like the 'Bogman' ( a 'mud mummy' )  appeared to have walked massive distances (they can tell peoples origin by mineral analysis of bones and matching that to diet >  plants >   soil >   geology > geography > location).  Also they could tell (by further analysis of hair , etc .)  that the copper  hand axe he carried was made by him and the metal smelted by him , so he probably found and made the alloy as well .    He had a sewing kit, leather and hunting tools .... we are talking a real survivalist here ; you have to be able to   make clothes, repair and make tools and weapons, hunt and forage, weather survival, navigate .... etc etc .

But its certainly fun in small doses .

This is worth watching ;  Charlie goes out and tries it  'the old way'  in his own country ;

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2

On 20/10/2020 at 4:52 PM, Jadespear said:

Do the legends of meditators seeped in meditation for years even hold merit, are they actually true?  What about the taoist immortals... does anyone know where to find them?

I don´t know about Taoist immortality but there are some people with awesome values who lives their lives in awesome ways right here on this board.  

• Like 1

Here is another story about a man that felt the need to 'wander the world '  .     One needs to make  their  'Journey' .  It is a  journey outward and a journey inward .

(you can watch the whole movie on vimeo )

[ Also I am reminded of the import of this from the past , and in some cases the present  ;  the Journeyman . Its a stage and level of initiation ;  Apprentice , Fellow Craftsman ,  Journeyman  ( as now one has a trade and a way of supporting one's journey. It is considered important  to share one's skills and travel so as  to meet different cultures and experiences and 'broaden one's horizon' ) . Then after all this experience one eventually becomes a Master  ( Master Craftsman ) whose initiation becomes complete, when he takes on an apprentice and teaches him to be a Fellow Craftsman .]

Edited by Nungali
  • Like 2