Sign in to follow this  
Takingcharge

Hyper mobility syndrome curable?

Good day peeps,

i was doubting wether to post this here or in the health section but i tought there might be more readers in general.

my hyper mobility

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Hypermobility_(joints)

meaning looseness of joints because of having to unstable/long/ stretchy. Connective tissues,   Causing joints to overstretch and subluxate

its gotten alot worse the last year Because of a condition required me to fully relax all the time, i also couldnt do any muscle training.   i think its put alot  of extra strain on just those tissues stretching them further and away from the muscles.  Ive started having trouble sleeping on my side because my shoulders sublux n seem

to get worse everytime i wake up

on my back my legs roll outwards  left and right, stretching the hip sockets

and my spine vertebraes seem to get loser and the lower curve part is having some issues

has there been anything that known thsts been able to reduce this?

has qigong been known to reduce this, basicly laxness of the tendons and ligaments?

i havent been able to find much on it. Any information would be appreciated

thank you for your time,

-tc

Edited by Takingcharge

18 hours ago, Takingcharge said:

has qigong been known to reduce this, basicly laxness of the tendons and ligaments?

Yes - there's a certain stage where qigong 'knits together' your body as a single structure - all through the soft tissue pathways (the fascia network).

By single structure, what I mean is outside of most people's experience.

I see online and in the exercise world is this idea of having functional movement chains and training the muscles to move in a more integrated way - this is very very good - particularly for modern people that sit a lot and look at screens - and then train muscles in isolation at the gym.

But the knitting together of the body from a qigong perspective, it's a little different. This isn't about the muscles or 'functional strength conditioning' (when qigong was developed, not having functional strength was definitely the exception rather than the rule) Functional strength (to some extent) is a prerequisite - though you certainly aren't required to do handstand pressups or anything like that.

The knitting together happens very differently... for example, you can hold out your hand, and open and close it, while modulating the level of stretch as you open and the level of compaction as you close it into a fist... And if you have 'the qigong body', you feel changes all through your body... like rubbery tendrils moving and pulling under your skin... you can clearly feel changes from your feet to the top of the head by simply opening and closing your hand.

The mechanism for developing this is two-fold - it involves being able to absorb your mind through your body (to achieve this you need to clear channels, create and activate a lower dantien and generate some Qi)... Once there's some level of absorption, one needs to 'change the muscles and tendons' - which is a process that takes a few years and involves standing and moving postures that both unbind tension and adhesions and create strength and structure - much like bodybuilding - but using very different principles, mechanics and physiology.

At the stage of the mind starting to absorb into the tissues, often the body tightens up a little... like the connective tissues are suddenly more activated and start to come alive and hold things together. Then this connection is developed and strengthened... but this is where the hypermodibility starts to come into balance.

The issue is that activating the dantien and the qi in your current circumstances is not a good idea. Creating tension in your muscles to hold your body together is also not a good idea... So you're in a tricky situation at the moment. But getting some of the fundamental aspects of healthy life sorted (Yang Sheng Fa in Daoism) will make a massive difference... Sleep first... then exercise... then diet... Sleep makes everything possible, as it creates an opportuinity for your body to fix itself. But it has to be good quality sleep - and not too long or too short.

• Like 4

Takingcharge,

I would really recommend you talk to Chun Yi Lin, Michael Lomax, or an emei qigong healer to get more details on how qigong could help and what you need. You can request a healing from the grandmaster of Emei on their website.

Michael and Master Lin are very accomplished healers that can do distance sessions to help and both will be available for talking.

Diagnostically Master Lin is the best I've ever experienced, and Michael is very powerful in his ability to emit qi.

Best of luck with your condition,

John

Edited by JohnC
Spellering

On 19-10-2020 at 1:25 PM, freeform said:

Yes - there's a certain stage where qigong 'knits together' your body as a single structure - all through the soft tissue pathways (the fascia network).

By single structure, what I mean is outside of most people's experience.

I see online and in the exercise world is this idea of having functional movement chains and training the muscles to move in a more integrated way - this is very very good - particularly for modern people that sit a lot and look at screens - and then train muscles in isolation at the gym.

But the knitting together of the body from a qigong perspective, it's a little different. This isn't about the muscles or 'functional strength conditioning' (when qigong was developed, not having functional strength was definitely the exception rather than the rule) Functional strength (to some extent) is a prerequisite - though you certainly aren't required to do handstand pressups or anything like that.

The knitting together happens very differently... for example, you can hold out your hand, and open and close it, while modulating the level of stretch as you open and the level of compaction as you close it into a fist... And if you have 'the qigong body', you feel changes all through your body... like rubbery tendrils moving and pulling under your skin... you can clearly feel changes from your feet to the top of the head by simply opening and closing your hand.

The mechanism for developing this is two-fold - it involves being able to absorb your mind through your body (to achieve this you need to clear channels, create and activate a lower dantien and generate some Qi)... Once there's some level of absorption, one needs to 'change the muscles and tendons' - which is a process that takes a few years and involves standing and moving postures that both unbind tension and adhesions and create strength and structure - much like bodybuilding - but using very different principles, mechanics and physiology.

At the stage of the mind starting to absorb into the tissues, often the body tightens up a little... like the connective tissues are suddenly more activated and start to come alive and hold things together. Then this connection is developed and strengthened... but this is where the hypermodibility starts to come into balance.

The issue is that activating the dantien and the qi in your current circumstances is not a good idea. Creating tension in your muscles to hold your body together is also not a good idea... So you're in a tricky situation at the moment. But getting some of the fundamental aspects of healthy life sorted (Yang Sheng Fa in Daoism) will make a massive difference... Sleep first... then exercise... then diet... Sleep makes everything possible, as it creates an opportuinity for your body to fix itself. But it has to be good quality sleep - and not too long or too short.

Hey, Thanks for your responce,

yeah i heard you talk about this tightning of the tissues before in later stages of the work.

Yeah any qigong work is not on the table, im just inquiring and aquiring info around me for future times and discover whats out there that  i dont know about.  I tought maybe there were cases where hypermobility itself was the result of some kind of imbalance

Yeah the basics are very important, currently working on them.

On 23-10-2020 at 4:56 AM, JohnC said:

Takingcharge,

I would really recommend you talk to Chun Yi Lin, Michael Lomax, or an emei qigong healer to get more details on how qigong could help and what you need. You can request a healing from the grandmaster of Emei on their website.

Michael and Master Lin are very accomplished healers that can do distance sessions to help and both will be available for talking.

Diagnostically Master Lin is the best I've ever experienced, and Michael is very powerful in his ability to emit qi.

Best of luck with your condition,

John

Hi john,

what have your personal experiences been with receiving healing? 

yeah id really like to consult chun yi and ask him some questions, more people have told me diagnosticly hes very good but the super commercial structure of sfq makes it a pretty hard for me

youre first forced to have a full intake and a healing session with one of the other healers costing around 200 $ in total

before you get to do any session with chun yi lin. At 150$ per 10min 

there is offcource the meditation healing option, , however  id need the actual conversation so that doesnt work for me.

im on pretty low income due to health reasons

On a sidenote im, not really a fan of his qigong method with all the visualisation. 
but am of chun yi himself. 

Michael lomax is unreachable via his site, im not sure he does sessions

Brion beller his senior student i did get responce back from however. He Was very quick in his responding and gives clear information

So hes available,

thanks for responding

-tc

Edited by Takingcharge

Yea, I understand on the SFQG side, how the commercial approach is off putting.

I'm reading the initial phone consult is $155, then afterwards it is 145 for Master Lin, and $120 for others.

Although you can email them or interact with them on facebook and they can give you detailed answers around that.

4 hours ago, Takingcharge said:

On a sidenote im, not really a fan of his qigong method with all the visualisation. 

What gives you the impression that there is a lot of visualization?

Michael isn't responding from his contact or here?:

https://stillnessmovement.com/services/clinical-qigong-distance-sessions/

If not he is pretty active on facebook on his group here:

https://www.facebook.com/groups/2532565550097194/

If you want further recommendations for senior students in that system, I've got a lot, all of which are very accomplished.

Best of luck,

John

On 29/10/2020 at 1:46 PM, Takingcharge said:

I tought maybe there were cases where hypermobility itself was the result of some kind of imbalance

Yeah it’s caused by deficiency in the wood element (liver and gallbladder).

Issues with sleep and energy (vitality to do stuff) is also liver (and kidney) related. 

It’s all interconnected :) 

There are some TCM protocols that might work to improve your quality of life, but it will be quite difficult to find a practioneer with enough experience and open-mindness to try and purify your Pre-Heaven Jing (which is most probably the cause of the disease).

Simple things might help, though. Avoiding wind, having your primary meat source being chicken meat, drinking critic fruit's juice, those kinds of things.

On 29-10-2020 at 7:55 PM, JohnC said:

Yea, I understand on the SFQG side, how the commercial approach is off putting.

I'm reading the initial phone consult is $155, then afterwards it is 145 for Master Lin, and $120 for others.

Although you can email them or interact with them on facebook and they can give you detailed answers around that.

What gives you the impression that there is a lot of visualization?

Michael isn't responding from his contact or here?:

https://stillnessmovement.com/services/clinical-qigong-distance-sessions/

If not he is pretty active on facebook on his group here:

https://www.facebook.com/groups/2532565550097194/

If you want further recommendations for senior students in that system, I've got a lot, all of which are very accomplished.

Best of luck,

John

from what i gathered from the customer service there  needsto be an extra10 minutes added to the 20 minute session that costs 155 making somewhere in the 200 range but i could be wrong.

chun yi lin costs 145 however what the website doesnt state is that its for 10 minutes,  whereas with the other healers it  is for 20minutes whitch previously was30 minutes if im not wrong.

ive also seen you state chin yi lin is pretty accesible, “just email customer support amd theyl forward your message

well, i tried that and he literally told me “master lin is a very busy man, your best bet is to get on a phone consultation with him (whitch i wasnt allowed untill after i do a 30 minute session with the other healers) otherwise hes to busy”

so i wouldnt say hes accesible.

i wanted to consult him (paid offcource) about qi deviations and a nervous system issue,  so the other healers werent really an option. 

shame hes so boxed off

On 11/12/2020 at 8:12 PM, Takingcharge said:

chun yi lin costs 145 however what the website doesnt state is that its for 10 minutes,  whereas with the other healers it  is for 20minutes whitch previously was30 minutes if im not wrong.

You are wrong. It used to be 15 minutes.

With compassion, what it used to be is irrelevant, as that is what it is, now.

If that isn't available to you, or you aren't interested, then you should probably look for help elsewhere.

On 11/12/2020 at 8:12 PM, Takingcharge said:

shame hes so boxed off

You occur entitled for someone looking for help, especially from a person who has dedicated their life to helping others.

If you visit his facebook livestream, you can see that he has hundreds of people looking for his attention at any given time.

I would encourage you to keep that in mind, when attempting to reach out to him, or other masters for that matter.

He is one of the most available I've experienced in my 13 years of practice.

Good luck.

On 10/18/2020 at 10:11 AM, Takingcharge said:

Good day peeps,

i was doubting wether to post this here or in the health section but i tought there might be more readers in general.

my hyper mobility

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Hypermobility_(joints)

meaning looseness of joints because of having to unstable/long/ stretchy. Connective tissues,   Causing joints to overstretch and subluxate

its gotten alot worse the last year Because of a condition required me to fully relax all the time, i also couldnt do any muscle training.   i think its put alot  of extra strain on just those tissues stretching them further and away from the muscles.  Ive started having trouble sleeping on my side because my shoulders sublux n seem

to get worse everytime i wake up

on my back my legs roll outwards  left and right, stretching the hip sockets

and my spine vertebraes seem to get loser and the lower curve part is having some issues

has there been anything that known thsts been able to reduce this?

i havent been able to find much on it. Any information would be appreciated

thank you for your time,

-tc

Have you tried Feldenkrais, Rolfing, or other deep tissue work? It seems you have structural issues. I doubt distance healing would work. 

Sign in to follow this