Damla

I met this forum once while searching a thing sometime ago and its name was all over my mind last night so i wanted to stop by and say hi. Sometimes it is hard to find someone to talk to about what you are thinking of or about what you think you are looking for and i think this place may be good place for me to make friends with similar people who have the same illusion. I am not a native speaker of english and i apologize for any inconvenience beforehand. 

Sincerely,

Damla

• Like 2

Hi Damia, glad to have you onboard.   This is a good place to discuss philosophy, meet new people and practice English. To shed old illusions and pick some new ones :).  It's very nice to have people all over the world here, because it gives greater perspectives.  Welcome. .

We're an eclectic philosophy forum for learning, discussing and cultivation.  Below are 3 important sections: Our Rules, The Insult Policy and our 3 Foundations.  Before you join give them a read. 

Most of it boils down to being respectful.  No name calling or trolling.  Post as if your mom's looking over your shoulder.  Discussion and arguments are what the board is about.  Keep it civil, don't get personal.  Don't be a troll or one issue zealot. 

We're here for good conversation and making some friends along the way, to be a community.  Jump right in, start threads, ask questions, look for interesting threads and post your (relevant) thoughts. 

For the first week you will be restricted to ten posts per day but after that you can post as much as you like. Also, until you’ve posted fifteen times in the forums, you’ll be a “Junior Bum” with somewhat restricted access and will be allowed only two private messages per day.

TDB team

Read and review Our Rules:

Please take a moment to review our Forum Terms & Rules detailed below. If you agree with them and wish to proceed with the registration, simply click the "Register" button below. To cancel this registration, simply hit the 'back' button on your browser.

Please remember that we are not responsible for any messages posted. We do not vouch for or warrant the accuracy, completeness or usefulness of any message, and are not responsible for the contents of any message.

The messages express the views of the author of the message, not necessarily the views of this bulletin board. Any user who feels that a posted message is objectionable is encouraged to contact us immediately by email. We have the ability to remove objectionable messages and we will make every effort to do so, within a reasonable time frame, if we determine that removal is necessary.

The content is not intended as a substitute for professional medical advice, diagnosis, or treatment. Always seek the advice of your physician or qualified health provider with any questions you may have regarding a medical condition. Never disregard professional medical advice or delay in seeking it because of content found on the website.

You agree, through your use of this service, that you will not use this bulletin board to post any material which is knowingly false and/or defamatory, inaccurate, abusive, vulgar, hateful, harassing, spam, obscene, profane, threatens or incites violence, invasive of a person's privacy, nor of denigrating and/or erotically suggestive avatars, signatures, links and pictures, or otherwise violative of any law.

You agree not to post any copyrighted material unless the copyright is owned by you or by this bulletin board.

-Mal Rules & Use 7/22/11

Our Insult Policy- Read it, Live it

Tao bums is a moderated, privately owned, web site; all who agree with our guiding principals are welcome to join our discussions:

Treat other members with respect. No personal attacks.

Moderators are present to enforce this, please abide by their decisions.

Basically No personal attacks.
It is totally fine to vocally disagree with a person's opinion, technique, politics, approach, lifestyle choice, etc.

But no insulting (or links to attacks) of individuals, nationalities, genders, political preferences, lifestyle choices, etc.
While this may sound restrictive and categorically un-Taoist, I believe it is a useful guideline to help us stop for a moment and think about how to present our perspectives intelligently without just flinging unproductive rudeness at each other. This way other members can receive value from your perspective and you can gain clarity by reasoning out why you initially felt compelled to verbally put down someone else for being different.

No one, including the originating poster, gains anything from statements like "So and so is a complete moron", etc. If you have an opinion and you believe it's relevant to a topic at hand, post it as constructively as possible so we can learn from you, debate with you, ignore you, whatever.

If you can't abide by this simple constructive guideline, either create your post in a PPD or expect it can be moved. This is our mini-octagon here for those of you that insist on a more primitive breed of taoist war.

TheDaoBums' Three Foundations: Eclectic, Egalitarian, Civil.

TDBs' Cultural Context and Founding Principles  ver.2020-Jul-16
The purpose of this document is to concisely state the most fundamental framework principles that give TDBs it's distinctive shape.  This is not "all the rules, permutations, etc",  just the steel beams.

TDBs exists in the general field of "The Search for Truth".
The Usual organized formats (schools) for The Search tend to have:
    1. focus exclusively within a school
    2. hierachical learning structure, hierachical ability to speak
TheDàoBums' founding principles form a deliberate cultural counter-point:
    1. run independently of any school, which allows a more eclectic atmosphere
    2. conversational learning, egalitarian ability for members to speak
TDBs' social format is "cafeteria", not "classroom".  It's part of TDBs' premise that, broadly in culture, these two formats are necessary, distinct yet complementary.

TheDàoBums has a strong egalitarian ethic in that it's whole purpose is to provide a civil very open context for member conversations.  However, its governance structure is mostly top down; it's not a democracy.
- admins - own / run the board
- moderators - enforce rules
- members - converse  :)

TDBs' Conversational Context:
1. At TDBs member participation in conversation is non-hierarchical.  Meaning, members have equal ability to talk regardless of level of knowledge, achievement, or status / credentials of any kind.  TDBs has an underlying ethic of valuing the communication of each person.

2. TDBs most basic rules about conversation are around civility.

• While TDBs provides room for, encourages, lively, often vigorous and sometimes rough and tumble, debate ... that is balanced by protecting decency and sensitivity towards each other in such a variety of instances that no set of specific rules could ever adequately cover.
  • A moderator's basic role is to moderate members' incivility toward each other in conversation.  
  • Members support this process by 'reporting' offending posts

A fictional example of how 1&2 shake out:
If there's a TDBs debate about music between Mozart vs a beginning piano player, and it becomes heated enough that reports are generated for moderator consideration then, still, "level of knowledge, achievement, or status" are not basis for moderation.  Civility is, applied equally to each member.

It's up to each member, not moderators, to sort out the truth (and other questions of quality) for themselves in conversation.  Moderators just keep the conversation civil within reasonable limits.  For issues of staff bias, members can contact the current admin.

The staff (admins, moderators) also deserve and have protection against incivility and against abuse of staff resources.  Staff protection is enforced at the discretion of the admin, lead moderator/s, and by consensus of the moderation team.  The admin also has broad discretion to protect the civility and resources of any aspect within TDBs e-community.

signed,

- Trunk, author & past admin

- Sean, owner & admin of TheDàoBums

• Thanks 1

Hi Damla.

Lovely meet you, and what a lovely avatar display picture.

I do hope that this forum will both meet and exceed your needs.

Awen

• Like 1

On 13.10.2020 at 2:35 PM, Awen said:

Hi Damla.

Lovely meet you, and what a lovely avatar display picture.

I do hope that this forum will both meet and exceed your needs.

Awen

Thank you, Awen. The feeling i love most is feeling the circle of friends all around. It brings tears to my eyes and overflows my heart with sense of completeness and lately i would like to inquire it more. Why it is beautiful but at the same time emotionally loaded or is it the ideal way of it being so. Is it superficial or is it real or if real its realness is ideal in the form i feel it. 

Hi @Damla, I get the feeling you may not be used to forum etiquette or at least the way we do it on the Dao Bums. 

Generally posting multiple posts in a row can be considered 'spammy'.  Especially when not on the topic.   It gets worse when people not on topic, create conflict in a thread about personal matters. 

You've been here less then a week and doing that quite a bit, thus the initial warning and 1 week suspension.  You seem to be a creative loving person who'd make a good member but please- less multi run-on posts and try to keep on subject.  Otherwise we're one forum amongst 10,000s and you might find a better fit elsewhere.  (This isn't up for argument)

The Mods

• Like 2

The lerner

Pls add to your long list of welcominh rules that you have no account deleting facility and that for those who want to close their account  here wont be any mail moderation or insite facility buttons. 

I deleted the posts that i could reach but it is up to a point, it seems.  So if you ignored and didnt delete my account, 10 days ago when asked to site's moderation, i ask you to do it again or else i already deleted the part i could reach. I dont wanna leave my stuff around while leaving a house that is bothered by them. Makes sense? 😊

If you are just so sensitive to new people account deletion should be easy to do. Understand? 

Anyway. I dont know how you are having fun around here but good luck 😁

Edited by Damla
  • Like 1

I need to say something. This isnt argueing. I need to say this, because it is literally not possible we can argue.  You personally have read sarcasm once where i had zero of it.( I still think you joked though. It is so hard to get sarcasm from that )There is a great big language barrier. You dont understand what i am saying and your logical indiscrepancy adding to it.  You cant force me into where i am already in. You could use my friendship though and you will. I give you no choice on that. Neither does the nature.

If you felt, i forced you into anything with my bare existence my bare existence is unavoidable just like yours. I am ok with yours in 10.000 other places. How about you? 

Everything in this world is persona and i have a really and veerry verrryy small world. do you understand? Do you understand what it means?

It is a great insult to tell someone remove their person. You should be ready to remove your person and have fun and give joy with it when you ask someone to do it. Or it is taken as a real big insult. Also, that is not the  way to make friends in daily life, even kids know that, and without friends you cant be you. You are free to try. Even now. Me being not your friend and doing you a big service. Capish? Because? why? 10.000 other places...If you have access, you can see. If you dont have access keep on spamming. One day, it ll come.

if spamming is your real problem, which i think is not, start with yourself. I saw no spamming until you mentioned it. The place was filled with spams. Bones of same ideas coming from every corner. Thanks for the eye opener and suggestion on finding that other better places for myself. I got it 10 days ago when i saw the spam anyway. Your humbleness deserves appreciation though, i must admit. But it is unnecessary.

And btw, there are coding ways in software to avoid it, posting of multiple messages in a given time. But if you want an argument, i cant know that. Do you? How much you really need to argue? How frequent are you to use it? Do you really need it? Until when you ll keep insisting on arguing with people that dont need it, personally? Shouldnt you wait until you can differenciate who is who, at least once in a while? Are you sure if that is not a daddy issue for you? 😊

Without sense or feel of argument you demand,though, you probably wont add that account deleting feature which i think is necessary for 10.000 other friends that may stop by.  They van spam somewhere else as you say. If it is that simple. And if you wont add it, this post will be up above long enough for new comers. And that too is something that i can do comparingly effortless thanks to your initiation on demand of argument. 

If you get sarcasm from any of this you are still wrong. This is directly demeaning of your person. In sarcasm there is cowardness, which i am not effilicted with, when i am called for an argument. Are you haunted by any cowardness, yourself, the lerner?

Just to clear it up. That was pretty fun 😁

Personally i am interested in account deletion because i like to adorn people no matter who. And my stuff is valuable. Extremely. Yours not so much. That is the outcome of having a small personal world. What is mine is mine, what is yours is also mine. Or you d all be pretty ugly down here. And more, you would starve. Can you follow my language? Or is it still hard for you and you are still in need of argument?

Do you know what song is playing now? 😁

I was never a keeper. But that doesnt mean it isnt mine.

Better trust yourself next time. Listen the song. See how he trusts himself. You dont need to humble yourself to that degree dont fear yourself your capacity. I was enjoying your spam until you talked about it and made it a problem for yourself. I still enjoy it. 😊😁 that is the 10.000th time i listened to that song. And it is so fresh.

Edited by Damla
  • Like 1

Also, dont trust your feelings that much about what i am used to.  You couldnt have survived the forums that i have been in. Guess what? Neither did I.

😊

They were beyond your darkest nightmares. This place is a kindergarden sandpool compared to them 😊. You cant keep it that way for too long. 

Also we have a correction on your number of ten thousand.

..To the coming of joy in your heart that feels the joy of feeling the person of the another like themselves. Hahahah. Ok, that was deliberate. I suppose.  I sometimes suck with english.  But you get the point 😁 

I am expecting you not to insult yourself to that degree next time or be a bit original. Love yourself as much as your daddy does. 😌😊❤

5 hours ago, Damla said:

The lerner

Pls add to your long list of welcominh rules that you have no account deleting facility and that for those who want to close their account  here wont be any mail moderation or insite facility buttons. 

I deleted the posts that i could reach but it is up to a point, it seems.  So if you ignored and didnt delete my account, 10 days ago when asked to site's moderation, i ask you to do it again or else i already deleted the part i could reach. I dont wanna leave my stuff around while leaving a house that is bothered by them. Makes sense? 😊

If you are just so sensitive to new people account deletion should be easy to do. Understand? 

Anyway. I dont know how you are having fun around here but good luck 😁

Hi Damla, it may not be standard practice here to delete accounts, but we could ban you if you would like.

Hmm. Banning by its nature isnt asked if it is convenient to the person under question.

Lets do it that way. 

Ask the lerner what he wants to do about it.

4 minutes ago, Damla said:

Hmm. Banning by its nature isnt asked if it is convenient to the person under question.

Lets do it that way. 

Ask the lerner what he wants to do about it.

I am a mod, and capable of carrying out the task if you are sure you don’t want to be here.

On 10/17/2020 at 12:52 PM, thelerner said:

Hi @Damla, I get the feeling you may not be used to forum etiquette or at least the way we do it on the Dao Bums. 

Generally posting multiple posts in a row can be considered 'spammy'.  Especially when not on the topic.   It gets worse when people not on topic, create conflict in a thread about personal matters. 

You've been here less then a week and doing that quite a bit, thus the initial warning and 1 week suspension.  You seem to be a creative loving person who'd make a good member but please- less multi run-on posts and try to keep on subject.  Otherwise we're one forum amongst 10,000s and you might find a better fit elsewhere.  (This isn't up for argument)

The Mods

Sorry to see you go Damla, but I said what I meant and meant what I said.