Sign in to follow this  
hagar

Pain in my thumbs

For about 2 weeks, I've been having pain in my thumb joints, (the big joint at the base of the hand).

I have an intuition this is connected to internal organs, and wonder if anyone here is an enlightened thumb master.

I've had an ear infection for the same timeperiod, and been taking antibiotics for it, and I think this is connected. My theory: Kidney or stomach.

h

I forget where I read this, but it always makes me smile: thumbs and big toes are much more emotionally needy than are the other digits, so you should baby them, praise them, and massage them frequently. :)

Emotionally needy...

Well, I guess my thumbs haven't been having a good time since my hitchhiking days...

I remember asking my teacher what pain in the achilles was about, and he said "Stop worrying about the future!."

Thumbs are abit lonely.

h

There's an Ayurvedic formula that helps support the kidney after taking antibiotics - Gokshuradi guggulu. Generally you take it for 10 days after the antibiotic. Best to consult with an Ayurvedic herbalist for that.

It's not surprising that other symptoms show up after taking antibiotics. The antibiotic is trying to suppress the symptoms, which are the body's attempt to heal, so the inflammation will keep trying to express itself in other ways. You might want to consult with a type of practitioner who could give you some insight as to the real cause of the ear infection and treat the cause, not suppress the symptoms which are just the effects.

-Karen

There's some antibiotics that cause ligament atrophy -- the one used for the anthrax scare, e.g., has an unpleasant side effect of torn leg muscles due to snapped ligaments in some users. I forget what it's called for the moment, but they prescribe it for common infections too occasionally. If you know which one you've been taking, this might narrow down your problem to a "side effect." (Ever wondered which "side" of the body is supposed to be ignored when "effects" take place there?..)

Mullein-garlic ear drops available at HFSs are more efficient for ear infections, in my experience. Also, a simple measure of sleeping with a loosely (sic) inserted cotton ball in your ear (to create long term mild warmth) is also surprisingly helpful. If you want to do it the Native American way, have a smoker blow tobacco smoke in your ear. Ask him/her not to inhale while at it. :)

Hello

My friend she knew that garlic in the ears was good. But she thought that it cant help if you not cut the carlic and she did and then put them into the ears. She got increadible pain like fire in the ear and a while later she got to the shower and showered into the ear to stop the fire.

:)

Not nice

F D

There's some antibiotics that cause ligament atrophy :)

Yes, and ALL of the drugs in the same class have virtually the same "side effect" profile - the only real differences have to do with marketing! And what are called "side effects" are just the primary effects that we don't like - all the effects are really primary effects, just that each person has a different susceptibility.

Very often what's thought of as an ear infection isn't a true infectious process, even when bacteria happen to be present (correlation, not causation). It's usually just an inflammatory healing reaction where the body is trying to get rid of toxins. Notice how kids often get them after getting vaccinated. The body is trying to throw off the toxic material, and that should be supported not suppressed.

-Karen

I think in reflexology the thumb bone from tip to base represents the spine if im correct i have to pull out my old notes from my courses. Do you have any lower back or hip pain/pelvis area, lower abs?

I usually do a full hand massage with oils and find sore parts on my hands that relate to my body anyone else do reflexology here?

WYG

I think in reflexology the thumb bone from tip to base represents the spine if im correct i have to pull out my old notes from my courses. Do you have any lower back or hip pain/pelvis area, lower abs?

I usually do a full hand massage with oils and find sore parts on my hands that relate to my body anyone else do reflexology here?

WYG

I know a few systems, my favorite is Su Jok, Korean folk reflexology. It appears to be very ancient, and uses "the system of the insect" as well as "the fish" and "the mammal." For the thumb, there's also a Chinese "fish" counterpart used in acupuncture -- the whole base of the thumb looks like the body of a fish if viewed from the side of the palm, and then the sticking-out part is the tail -- take a look! -- it can also move in a quite fish-like fashion. In Su Jok, you can find "organs" of the fish with ease that correspond to your own. Try it -- if you've been staring at the computer screen for quite a while now, wear glasses, etc,. press deep into where the fish would have "eyes" and feel the mighty ouch!

In Su Jok, you can ultimately find one point to work on (like the "one grain of qi" in high-level taiji on which everything else pivots) -- but it has to be the point. I've seen it done. A woman was being treated for infertility. The practitioner found a point on the nail of her middle finger and used an ordinary pencil to press its tip into that point. I didn't see any excessive force applied but the patient (who was warned that the correct point is notorious for hurting out of this world) fainted. However, a month later she was pregnant -- after twelve years of unsuccessful attempts.

I know a few systems, my favorite is Su Jok, Korean folk reflexology. It appears to be very ancient, and uses "the system of the insect" as well as "the fish" and "the mammal." For the thumb, there's also a Chinese "fish" counterpart used in acupuncture -- the whole base of the thumb looks like the body of a fish if viewed from the side of the palm, and then the sticking-out part is the tail -- take a look! -- it can also move in a quite fish-like fashion. In Su Jok, you can find "organs" of the fish with ease that correspond to your own. Try it -- if you've been staring at the computer screen for quite a while now, wear glasses, etc,. press deep into where the fish would have "eyes" and feel the mighty ouch!
I don't exactly see the fish on the side of the thumb. Is there a diagram of this?

So far, I have only found these:

S6.jpgmain.jpg

And this?

Sign in to follow this