rocala

A Question on Spiritualism

For a while I used to attend the meetings of a spiritualist group. Once, after the session was over, the usual conversations were taking place. My attention was caught by a woman approaching Sam, the group organizer. I gathered that earlier and somewhere else she had made contact with the spirit of a man who had died long ago in America (this was in London, England). For some reason she had been very disturbed by this and asked Sam for advice.

Now Sam is very excitedly telling her not only what the spirit was telling her, I forget the details, but that, amazingly this character was in fact one of his (Sams) previous incarnations. Both seemed to think this was significant.

How can a 'spirit' reincarnate yet also be available for seances? I would normally have dismissed this as rubbish, but I knew Sam and to a lesser extent the woman, to be highly intelligent and knowledgeable people.

I therefore ask, is there any form of spiritual belief that could accommodate such a scenario?

From what I understand, spirits that we consult are closer to "records", or perhaps "pre-programmed responses", rather than the initial source. Technically speaking, you could probably seance with spirits of people from the future, as long as you had connection enough to actually contact them. This is because what we call "spirit" is above the constraints of space and time; this is also why it is possible for one person to have multiple incarnations in the same world in the same timeframe. 

I hope this helps answer your question!

• Like 2

18 minutes ago, Paradoxal said:

I hope this helps answer your question!

Yes Paradoxal I think it might? Is it that spirit and soul are seperate?

25 minutes ago, rocala said:

Yes Paradoxal I think it might? Is it that spirit and soul are seperate?

From my experience, terminology for these things is somewhat inconsistent, so I'll try to be clearer by referring to the things we talk to as "spirits", and the source of those things as "souls". I wouldn't really call them two separate things, rather, the spirit is simply a facet of the soul. In my previous post, I tried to use one word, "spirit", to describe both of these, so it may have come off a bit unclear.

"Spirit", in the phenomena that we see that is often classified as "ghost", "haunting", etc. is basically just a leftover record of the initial "soul" that was there before. The soul itself is outside of spacetime, whereas the spirit, as a manifestation, can be either in or out of spacetime. If we think of a cut jewel, with many faces, the jewel as a whole would be comparable to the soul, whereas the faces would be comparable to what we're referring to as a spirit. If we think of a river, the river itself would be comparable to the soul, whereas the droplets are comparable to spirits.

The thing that was seanced with was a "spirit", while the person whose past life it was also has a different "spirit". If we use these terms, the thing that links the two of them is the "soul", as each spirit is a different manifestation of the soul. 

• Like 2