Hey everyone,

I’ve been interested in cultivation for some time and finally want to practice. Back when I first got a glimpse of it I tried to start but resources are hard to find. I have worked on Qi visualization and sensations just to the point where I can feel with little focus but haven’t circulated it a lot or practiced and techniques. Recently though I’ve been having pain in my third eye. it’s been opening and closing randomly in the day and while I’m trying to go to sleep. I was hoping for some help and possible basic techniques for foundation, meditation, and body refinement if that’s possible. I don’t really know etiquette when it comes to this stuff. Also, I saw some talk about stages on other post on this forum but they didn’t go into detail just curious.

anyway I hope you all have a great day and reply if you have any thoughts 

-LittleForest

Wonder if the answer lies in finding a system instead of a technique.  ie something where you begin at the beginning.  Look at a few practices.  I'm sure a few people here can suggest some for you to check out. 

FWIW I've found a good systems ends most practices whether sitting or moving with a focus on the lower dan tien.  That keeps energy/pressure away from the head, at least at the end. 

1 minute ago, thelerner said:

Wonder if the answer lies in finding a system instead of a technique.  ie something where you begin at the beginning.  Look at a few practices.  I'm sure a few people here can suggest some for you to check out. 

FWIW I've found a good systems ends most practices whether sitting or moving with a focus on the lower dan tien.  That keeps energy/pressure away from the head, at least at the end. 

Thank you for your words. Do you recommend any systems

2 minutes ago, LittleForest said:

Thank you for your words. Do you recommend any systems

There are so many.. one that has much respect on the bums is Flying Phoenix.  Here's a long long thread that can acquaint you with it.

Damo Mitchells Lotus Nei Gong, he's got a free MCO (microCosmic Oribit) lesson videos available, but again that's specific, whereas a whole system is 'safer'.  I've done a seminar ofMichael Lomax`Stillness movement Nei Gong and Gift of the Tao series which focuses on a healing chi gung system and enjoyed it very much.  I've enjoyed the KAP system. 

Personally I go from 'just sitting' to some of the older systems I've learned.  Lately that's been going back to a meditation I learned from an older more experienced member here- https://www.thedaobums.com/topic/39394-smaller-bites-from-best-of-tao-bums-log/?do=findComment&comment=882759

But the point is not to be like me.  I'm too much the dabbler in my 30+ years of practice.  Rather look into a couple systems now, marry one, be committed, go deep.  Maybe flirt a little bit later on with something  else. 

Also, if your energy sensitive, its doubly important to have an experienced teacher you can question, cause we're all different. 

• Thanks 1

Ok thank you for the insight.

I have one more question. Another member of the dB did some distant energy work and helped relive a lot of pressure, don’t know how long it will last. But I’m grateful it is an amazing feeling. Anyway they said I would be good with heart chakra cultivation. Do you have any system you know or tips if your willing.

@thelerner

Edited by LittleForest

@LittleForest

I'm not really chakra oriented, but Buddhism has a type of meditation called Metta, for opening the heart.  I'm a fan of Ajahn Brahms, he has a guided version of the meditation-  https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7Jb72-QgXOc

Similarly I dig Barry Long approach to the heart, he was an inspiration and teacher to Eckhardt Tolle, here's his guided meditation that deals with the heart- https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iB_S4jLJ3KI

Course doing good deeds, kindness ie karma yoga is good for the heart.  The 2nd part of the meditation I do, where you feel the heart then take it down to the lower dantien, then back to the heart, gave me a better feeling for the heart, ie not as a point but a bigger diffused emotional area.  Perhaps not following the chakra map, but there are many maps and ways.

Hi! I'm not a Flying Phoenix guy but if I may offer an alternative...

You are on the right lines looking for foundation practice. I always say try and find a reputable teacher because nothing is quite like direct face to face instruction. Difficult if there is no one in your close proximity, plus the pandemic is not helpful here, but bear this in mind for the long term.

It may be the case of saving some money up and doing a bigger stay somewhere one day at a school.

From what I see in your first post though, you aren't grounded enough and I personally recommend a year of just breathing practice, once in the morning and once at night. The eyes gaze at the noze that gazes at the heart. Eventually you can sink your awareness lower into the belly which will take any issues with the third-eye away.

• Like 1