Sign in to follow this  
chino

Greetings

Hello guys,

lovely to meet you. I have been referred here. I recently shared this by Damo Mitchell - Daoist understandings of the chakras. I was kindly referred to it by a friend.

http://www.scholarsage.com/the-chakra-in-daoism/

I have had a kundalini awakening, this March of the year. I would be glad to hear of any resources to recommend - I'm looking to see what I can do with it. Many thanks. Greetings from New Zealand. 

5 hours ago, chino said:

Hello guys,

lovely to meet you.

Hey @chino - welcome to the forum :)

5 hours ago, chino said:

I have had a kundalini awakening, this March of the year.

What did you experience as a kundalini awakening?

The reason I ask is that there are many different openings and awakenings that are often confused for kundalini.

Kundalini is one of the most well known energetic phenomena to most of us.

But actual kundalini awakening is exceptionally rare - and you may have experienced something else.

If you describe your awakening (and what lead up to it), we might be able to help you work out what's going on and what your options are. :)

• Like 4

22 hours ago, freeform said:

Hey @chino - welcome to the forum :)

What did you experience as a kundalini awakening?

The reason I ask is that there are many different openings and awakenings that are often confused for kundalini.

Kundalini is one of the most well known energetic phenomena to most of us.

But actual kundalini awakening is exceptionally rare - and you may have experienced something else.

If you describe your awakening (and what lead up to it), we might be able to help you work out what's going on and what your options are. :)

Hi there, it started as heat in the perineum (well, balls actually) that migrated up. I felt it go to sacral chakra, bubble there, then solar plexus chakra, bubble there. It stoped there. But it's like I had "access to energy". It hasn't gone away since. For reference when I used to do weed I would feel an S shape going up my spine. I thought I had scoliosis lol but my vertebrae are straight. Since then I've felt it at various times in other spots - heart, throat. Third eye? Not as focused perhaps..

It lets me know when things are path-focused, or karma incurring (instability) 

Edited by chino

A worthy note, is that people can have temporary kundalini surges....but permanent awakening does not happen often, unless your engaging with a spiritual process. Here is a basic KAP technique to trigger a permanent awakening. Have fun. ;)

Edited by RiverSnake
  • Like 1

12 hours ago, RiverSnake said:

A worthy note, is that people can have temporary kundalini surges....but permanent awakening does not happen often, unless your engaging with a spiritual process. Here is a basic KAP technique to trigger a permanent awakening. Have fun. ;)

many thanks

20 hours ago, chino said:

I felt it go to sacral chakra, bubble there, then solar plexus chakra, bubble there. It stoped there.

What do the chakras feel like?

And what led up to these experiences? Have you been practicing something?

15 hours ago, freeform said:

What do the chakras feel like?

And what led up to these experiences? Have you been practicing something?

It felt like heat surging. Very warm. I can feel chakras activated by 'heat' You can tie in those experiences to what's going on in the mind or experience. In that way you become more ''aligned'. It is a daily thing, new stuff and old stuff crop up. I think it's a way of helping towards higher vibration, to contribute to this earth. 

I had done Wim Hof breathing that morning knowing from the comments it had led to kundalini awakening. A commenter felt it was irresponsible for Wim Hof to share this breathing designed to awaken the heat in the root chakra, if people weren't cognivitvely prepared. 

I had been 'calling' kundalini. The name felt magical to me, there was a ring to it. Additionally, prior to the awakening, perhaps directly prior to it I had 'loved' fear. I noticed a sensation of fear in my body. Instead of repressing it, I investigated it and did something for it. Then I guess kundalini felt ready to come out. 

When it did come out it let me know about certain spiritual choices I had made. I got the impression I had been preparing the garden for its growth. I had been doing Non-Violent Communication, I asked for forgiveness from my dad when in that instant I might have just smirked, though felt bad. I had been supporting my friend, having a discourse on spirituality. Those who seek together really shall more surely find. It let me remember that time the year before I refused alcohol cause I wanted to rely on myself, make my own choice. Sober mind. It really was intention. Even if I didn't know it at the time, it was perhaps a choice in the opposite direction. It showed intent. 

Edited by chino

@chino Sounds like a really valuable development. Well done :)

On the plus side - it's not kundalini.

And it really is a plus, because kundalini would completely unravel everything about your life - and not in the way that you'd prefer.

What you've been experiencing is the mobilising of Yang Qi in your body (using Daoist terminology). It's worked its way through and unbound some stagnation - which has done some good for you.

In your first post you mentioned Damo Mitchell. If you'd like to take your development further, I can highly recommend taking his online training - quite a few people here have gotten a lot out of it - and I know that he teaches a genuine Daoist process - one that's systematic and builds up from the beginning to the higher levels.

The Wim Hof method - while it's pretty easy and gets things going very quickly with minimal effort, it's basically a way of burning up essence. The people who do well with his method have constitutionally strong kidney essence, combined with a lot of stagnation.

While it gets visible results quickly, what goes unnoticed is the depletion that's taking place and the creation of pathogenic heat through the body (hence the cold immersion - because that's the only thing that can counteract that damage.)

I've met a fair few people that have been damaged by the process - from breathing issues to adrenal issues to heart palpitations and panic attacks.

• Like 2

Sign in to follow this