Luxin

Need help inserting pictures please

Dear fellow Dao Bum,

Somehow I inserted a displayed picture in a post successfully "by accident"

because I can't remember how I did it. I have searched for advice in posts

but perhaps I'm too dense to absorb the helpful information there.

It seems that I need (and please pardon me because this might be a tall

order for a nongenius like me to request):

a numbered list of steps telling me the exact procedure from source

(me with URL or jpg/etc file) to inserting them into post so they actually display,

which would be like a miracle from God for me at this point.

Thank you so much in advance, dear angel to whom it may concern! And have a

great day!

Yours, Luxin

Edited by Luxin
perfecting...

I prefer to link to pics from elsewhere on the net.  It's fastest and does not require any upload, or resizing.

To do that, the photo needs to already be on the internet somewhere.

You right click on the photo/pic you wish to use and then select the 'copy image location' option.

Then you return to the post you wish to add the pic to and right click, select the paste option and the image should appear in the window.

You can also upload a limited amount of files directly to the site through the attach feature which is just under the reply window.

Next to the paperclip that reads: " Drag files here to attach, or choose files... "

This is a two step process.  The 'choose files' option will let you browse your computer for the file you wish to add.

Once selected, that file will show up under the reply window in miniature, with a small plus sign and a small garbage can overlayed on it.  To place the file in your reply, you press the "+" icon and it puts the picture wherever your cursor is currently resting in the reply.  If you change your mind you can hit the garbage can icon and delete it.

There is a restriction of size of file for this second option.  So you may need to first downsize particularly large files or they will induce an error that prevents them from being added to the site. 

Your third option is useful if you want to reuse a picture you've already added to the site.  This is the icon on the bottom right in the grey box that reads:  " Insert other media ".  Selecting this will give you two options: Insert existing attachment (pics you've previously placed in replies), or "Insert image from URL" (not sure about this one, I've never bothered with it, but expect it works similar to the 'copy image location' you would use the URL of the pic).

happy imagining mate.

Edited by silent thunder
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

I'm stashing my images - just phone snaps of notebook pages - by uploading them to a free blogspot site (one I've used as a more or less blog for years) and linking from there. Left click on an image and it says "copy image address ", among other things. Copy that, paste it into the post and 

20200912_092541.jpg  By clicking on the image you can manipulate size and other parameters before posting.

Edited by Sketch
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

It keeps changing for me .

I used to be able to go to a pic  , select, copy and paste in a post box here .  Then I could not do that anymore . I discovered I had to select and 'copy image address'  and that would work . But for some pics all that did would show a whole page of code instead of a picture  .... if that happened then I  could go back and copy picture  direct  ... but not until the code thing happened .

2 left clicks on the picture USED TO  bring up the  resizing window ,  after that I could click on the window, get corner arrows and drag them in and out for resizing . Now I cant do that and have to use the 2  left clicks and the resizing window .

• Like 1

Hi silent thunder, Sketch and Nungali ... thank you all for responding! Good on ya, mates! When wizards are needed, there they appear to save wayfarers from dragons!

pexels-photo-2379179.jpeg?auto=compress&

• Like 2