moment

Locking threads, discuss it here

9 minutes ago, Cleansox said:

It might be very taoistic, yet when it comes from a member who himself does not follow this, it is easier to see it as a way of saying "shut up". Especially in a context where that crossed my mind as well, but I choose not to be as explicit about it. It's a forum after all, people must be allowed to have ideas even though I disagree with them. 

I'm not saying anything about @Earl Grey's intention behind this since I do not read minds, but if a member have a history of being asked to be more diplomatic in his/her posts, that change is expected to be manifested in the posts. 

And he was much more diplomatic as opposed to the past.  Of course you know that---right?

Edited by moment

6 minutes ago, Cleansox said:

Noooooooo 🙈🙉🙊

I agree with you it would be foolish, but I am hoping!

Just now, moment said:

And they were much more diplomatic as opposed to the past.  Of course you know that---right?

That is not the point. 

The point is, were they diplomatic enough. 

Read Seans rules. 

1) Feel free to be weird! 

2) Rules of conduct. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Cleansox said:

That is not the point. 

The point is, were they diplomatic enough. 

Read Seans rules. 

1) Feel free to be weird! 

2) Rules of conduct. 

Try not to expand your personal subjectiveness out to infinity, --I know; it is like a nice fuzzy, warm, security blanket.

2 minutes ago, moment said:

Try not to expand your personal subjectiveness out to infinity, --I know; it is like a nice fuzzy, warm, security blanket.

I see that you are really emotionally involved in this subject. 

18 minutes ago, moment said:

Welkin, you post here like Earl is your friend, or that you actually like him, please explain how and when that happened or at least explain your view of fairness.  Mind you now,  this is just a friendly examination of current events and where you actually are at?

16 minutes ago, moment said:

Oh yes, I am so interested in this theater of which you speak.  Please, help me out with your view of what reality is, and also theatre of the mind.  You talk with such assuredness, that I just can't wait!

Your mind is already made up. I already know every answer you would give no matter what is said for the next 3 responses in order. So i respectfully refuse to answer. And I already know how you're going to respond to this one. Ironically, your second request just got answered.

Now! Moderators! I was well within all of the rules.  But, how did it feel to you?  I have been showing Earl Grey the road of better diplomacy, and it has been showing over the last month( as anyone can clearly see if they actually have been following events instead of just reacting).  Now, you guys are saying we will wrap EG up for sixty days and if you do not toe the line, the next one is a permanent ban!  For one thing-- permanent bans are BS.  We the mods will banish you!  Think about that in reference to history.  It was often equated with greater than death (sure I am getting into hyperbole here with online stuff, but like most philosophical thought has tried to teach us, it is the baseine/reality/consistency/logic/standard/essence/principle that matters.

Edited by moment

8 minutes ago, Cleansox said:

I see that you are really emotionally involved in this subject. 

Aw, your observational powers have hooked me, please quote me something appropriately Taoist now, please.

3 minutes ago, welkin said:

Your mind is already made up. I already know every answer you would give no matter what is said for the next 3 responses in order. So i respectfully refuse to answer. And I already know how you're going to respond to this one. Ironically, your second request just got answered.

Welkin, I expected something escapist from you, thank you for not disappointing!

5 minutes ago, moment said:

Welkin, I expected something escapist from you, thank you for not disappointing!

I even gave you the opportunity to say anything else. ANYTHING... Made it straight in your face obvious what your response would be. You didn't even think to question what your automatic response did you? As expected.

SMH

Edited by welkin

Just now, welkin said:

I even gave you the opportunity to say literally anything else. ANYTHING... Made it straight in your face obvious what your response would be. You didn't even think to question what your automatic response did you? As expected.

SMH

I love it, when you talk about how you knew it all in advance, please do more, just to establish your ironclad credibility.

5 minutes ago, welkin said:

I even gave you the opportunity to say anything else. ANYTHING... Made it straight in your face obvious what your response would be. You didn't even think to question what your automatic response did you? As expected.

SMH

BTW, welkin, since I believe you are a prolific reporter, that has even got some mods into believing you are benign, please report me!

11 hours ago, steve said:

Speaking of fallibility, I’ve got to share that I regret the posts I made earlier in this thread.

I genuinely did not mean to equate Earl and his friends with Trump and his supporters in order to insult or degrade anyone but I see how it would seem like I was. I was simply trying to make a point about how we each have our different realities and it seemed like a powerful and obvious example. That analogy, and my comments about Earl, were clumsy and careless. I was in a bad place mentally at the time due to some personal challenges at home.

To be clear, I don’t disagree with the action taken. From a mod’s perspective it was necessary. I do regret making matters worse with my impulsive and inconsiderate comments. I felt it necessary to get that off my chest and I offer the board, and my fellow mods, my sincere apologies.

🙏🏽

I have always believed your sincerety, you are a good guy who is trying.

• Thanks 1

This was way to easy with challengers so far.  I need to attend to other things now.  But I will be back in a day or so.

Warriors are needed here too!  Try not to lose the balance!  It is hard, I know!

Take care and be well all!

Edited by moment
  • Like 1

15 minutes ago, moment said:

I love it, when you talk about how you knew it all in advance, please do more, just to establish your ironclad credibility.

I even dropped the hint. Do you really think it takes a genius to know how you were going to respond. You took the bait...

I already have you figured out, many of you at that. I could speak to "you" without having to actually speak to you because i know everything you'd respond with according to anything I say. I'm not trying to be condescending, i'm just being honest. Do you not think that's what happened in the mona lisa thread? Every potential response was obvious, so i just played it to my advantage just as you all believe you do unto others. Fair play.

12 minutes ago, moment said:

BTW, welkin, since I believe you are a prolific reporter, that has even got some mods into believing you are benign, please report me!

I didn't report anyone. I'm actually curious who reported Mr. Grey. It means some people do have common sense. Also the mods themselves reached out to me and warned me, so stop crying about how it's one sided

So you're basically saying i'm harmful, being opposite of benign right? That's been your sense of judgement from the beginning. I don't think anyone would agree with you in saying i'm harmful. It takes poor judgment to reach for that conclusion.

Edited by welkin

35 minutes ago, welkin said:

I even dropped the hint. Do you really think it takes a genius to know how you were going to respond. You took the bait...

I already have you figured out, many of you at that. I could speak to "you" without having to actually speak to you because i know everything you'd respond with according to anything I say. I'm not trying to be condescending, i'm just being honest. Do you not think that's what happened in the mona lisa thread? Every potential response was obvious, so i just played it to my advantage just as you all believe you do unto others. Fair play.

I didn't report anyone. I'm actually curious who reported Mr. Grey. It means some people do have common sense. Also the mods themselves reached out to me and warned me, so stop crying about how it's one sided

So you're basically saying i'm harmful, being opposite of benign right? That's been your sense of judgement from the beginning. I don't think anyone would agree with you in saying i'm harmful. It takes poor judgment to reach for that conclusion.

Stop pattiing yourself on the back, you haven't figure anything out.  Though, you are trying to, and I give kudos for that!

No one is talking about one-sided, that is a projection of linear thinkers.  Figured many of us out here, hey!  I bet you heard that one before in the bad old days!  Eh!

Edited by moment

Okay, got to play fetch with my dog.  I use a headlamp in the dark, my dog "Apollo" loves it.  His eyes glow in the dark like a cats'.

He still manages to track the ball better, boy, is it fun!  Be back, whenever.

1 hour ago, moment said:

Aw, your observational powers have hooked me, please quote me something appropriately Taoist now, please.

If you study immortality, 

You should study celestial immortality:

Only the golden elixir 

Is the highest principle. 

When the two things meet, 

Emotions and nature join one another ;

Where the five Agents are whole, 

Dragon and Tiger coil. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

29 minutes ago, Cleansox said:

If you study immortality, 

You should study celestial immortality:

Only the golden elixir 

Is the highest principle. 

When the two things meet, 

Emotions and nature join one another ;

Where the five Agents are whole, 

Dragon and Tiger coil. 

I love it! Quoting Wuzhen Pian to me, wow!  Please tell me what it means. But, please no surface stuff going on here.  After you have opened the channels necessary, tell me how long you need to hold the essence before you permeate your saliva with it and how long you need to hold that saliva, before you swallow it, oh and by the way, please tell how you need to direct it and over how many years( on average)  Heres' a hint--- many thousands of times and you have to have the proper focus and attention to certain details. or---- 

Of course you know all of that or you would not have given me that quote, so, please I am your student, please instruct.

Edited by moment

1 minute ago, moment said:

tell me how long you need to hold the essence

It's not about time. 

before you permeate your saliva with it and how long you need to hold that saliva, before you swallow it,

It's not about saliva. 

You create ling sui. 

oh and by the way, please tell how you need to direct it 

When you have opened shit up, it has only one way to go. 

2 hours ago, moment said:

You are vey clever and funny.  I enjoy you even though you have become so predictable.  If a moderator shot someone on fifth avenue,  (New York City)  would you say anything negative about it?

It depends who they shot.

• Haha 4

1 hour ago, Cleansox said:

It's not about time. 

It's not about saliva. 

You create ling sui. 

When you have opened shit up, it has only one way to go. 

That is funny, good try though.  Golden Elixir is the combination of saliva, hormonal fluids, and external essences that when mixed together become the Elixir. Saliva has long been considered by Taoists as a key component of the elixir. Some Taoist texts recommend swallowing the saliva up to 1,000 times a day to promote physical healing. Many hundreds of years ago Taoists became aware of changes in consistency of saliva that accompanied certain meditative practices. They learned that by combining saliva with the hormonal fluids and essences released during non-ejaculative intercourse a powerful elixir is formed. Taoists believe that this Golden Elixir is not only a physical healing agent, but also is a major transformative agent in preparing for higher spiritual work.  But, again, we are just touching the surface here.  Please tell me more than just using arbitrary terms pulled out of a book or some hearsay.  Please teach me how you opened your shit up?

30 minutes ago, moment said:

That is funny, good try though.  Golden Elixir is the combination of saliva, hormonal fluids, and external essences that when mixed together become the Elixir.

No. 

Saliva has long been considered by Taoists as a key component of the elixir. Some Taoist texts recommend swallowing the saliva up to 1,000 times a day to promote physical healing.

Which is at the level of laying the foundations. 

Many hundreds of years ago Taoists became aware of changes in consistency of saliva that accompanied certain meditative practices. They learned that by combining saliva with the hormonal fluids and essences released during non-ejaculative intercourse a powerful elixir is formed. Taoists believe that this Golden Elixir is not only a physical healing agent, but also is a major transformative agent in preparing for higher spiritual work. 

Again, laying the foundations. 

But, again, we are just touching the surface here. 

At least you are. 

Please tell me more than just using arbitrary terms pulled out of a book or some hearsay.  Please teach me how you opened your shit up?

I can tell you.

I practiced a traditional method under supervision, a fair amount of practice under a considerable long time. 

You are focusing on one level of Nei Dan. Are you aware of the idea that there are other levels? 

I would say no. 

From the view of your practice, working with post heavenly substances will lead to the pre heavenly state. 

And maybe it will. Who knows. 

From the view of my practice, working with pre heavenly methods will lead to interesting results. 

And swallowing saliva is not included in that. Working with insubstantial Water is. 

15 hours ago, welkin said:

I knew you where going to write that    :) .