TranquilTurmoil

Seeking counsel and camaraderie

Hello fellow bums! I've been a follower of the I Ching and Taoist way for 7 years and am finally seeking a fellow I Chinger for counsel and catharsis. I reached out to @Taomeow but I can only send 2 msgs a day for some reason so I'm not sure if that is up in the air. Nonetheless I 'll be happy to talk to any who inquire!

-Elliot 

• Like 1

Ye bums! You are letting me down! I implore my fellow I Chingers to throw your coins and cast your stalks and see if it would be beneficial for us to talk/unite. I just consulted the Yi again now to see if I should beg you guys for assistance and got hexagram 27 changing lines 1,4,,5,6 into hexagram 45 (gathering together). I hope someone seriously takes me up on my request this time. I will be very grateful.

-Elliot

• Like 1

Hi,

I'm a Buddhist (with Daoist leanings :) ) and I use the I Ching regularly.  I think a lot of people on here do ... maybe if you have general questions and things you want to discuss you could post in the General section 'cos the Yi Jing section is a bit of a backwater.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Apech said:

Hi,

I'm a Buddhist (with Daoist leanings :) ) and I use the I Ching regularly.  I think a lot of people on here do ... maybe if you have general questions and things you want to discuss you could post in the General section 'cos the Yi Jing section is a bit of a backwater.

Hey! I’m looking for direction for my practice and path from someone whose wisdom and experience I can trust (quality over quantity). I posted in the general yesterday the thread about seeking a teacher and I didn’t get much of the type of feedback I was looking for. I think I’m looking more for a mentor than a sangha or brief consultation at this point, so if you think you can be a good connection or can direct me to who you think would be it would be much appreciated. :)

🙏🏼

ps: hoping to actually talk or video chat more so than msg but I will take what I can get

1 hour ago, TranquilTurmoil said:

Hey! I’m looking for direction for my practice and path from someone whose wisdom and experience I can trust (quality over quantity). I posted in the general yesterday the thread about seeking a teacher and I didn’t get much of the type of feedback I was looking for. I think I’m looking more for a mentor than a sangha or brief consultation at this point, so if you think you can be a good connection or can direct me to who you think would be it would be much appreciated. :)

🙏🏼

ps: hoping to actually talk or video chat more so than msg but I will take what I can get

Why do you want a teacher?

39 minutes ago, Apech said:

Why do you want a teacher?

I feel like I ve done all my can on my own after 8 years of intensive practice, and I know I haven’t come close to completing my spiritual development. I use to beg the I Ching to let me seek a master and after wishing for 8 years I think the time is finally right. I could go into further details and explanations later in the day if your interested I just wanted to make sure I responded to you.

btw Creation was nice enough to respond to me too and offer his recommendations.

hope this gives you a little insight into my situation.

2 hours ago, TranquilTurmoil said:

I feel like I ve done all my can on my own after 8 years of intensive practice, and I know I haven’t come close to completing my spiritual development. I use to beg the I Ching to let me seek a master and after wishing for 8 years I think the time is finally right. I could go into further details and explanations later in the day if your interested I just wanted to make sure I responded to you.

btw Creation was nice enough to respond to me too and offer his recommendations.

hope this gives you a little insight into my situation.

Good luck in everything you do and I hope you find your teacher.

• Like 1