mYogi

What is Love?

Over the years this has been one of my favorite topics for contemplation. 

What is love? Is it interest, attraction, goodwill, responsibility, joy, harmony, desire, compulsion, compassion, the will of God?

What are the stages of love? Does love mature or is it always fresh and new? Or both? :)

What is conditional and what is unconditional love?

Giving love and receiving love? Are there giving and receiving in non-duality?

The love that creates karma and the love that doesn’t create karma?

And then, love at the subtler stages.

Why do sages equate pure being, pure consciousness, or God with love? 

What is Love Supreme?

• Like 1

3 hours ago, mYogi said:

Over the years this has been one of my favorite topics for contemplation. 

What is love?

Its the Universal force of attraction that makes things that appear  'separate'  come into union or 'oneness' .  It can be two people or 2 atoms of hydrogen and 1 of oxygen  or a whole range of 'reactions'.

" I am divided for love's sake for the chance of union . "

Is it interest, attraction, goodwill, responsibility, joy, harmony, desire, compulsion, compassion, the will of God?

Yes.

:)

Its a word used freely ;  I love a cold beer on a hot day .

We had this exercise where you list all the things you love, then you make an equation out of it .

The above might be ;   love x   quench thirst  x  relax  x  cool down x inebriation .

or

Love mother  (for a child )   ;  love  x  security  x  nurturing  x  nourishment  x  ......   etc .   then work through the list eliminating what is not love .  Its an exercise in what things   we  attach  to love  and might consider love but are really something else .

What are the stages of love? Does love mature or is it always fresh and new? Or both? :)

Well, regardless of what I just wrote, there are different types of love , so those stages are different .  

Take initial attraction 'love' , it might be chemical, you might be unconsciously sensing that the other has a good genetic makeup  and combination with yours to make healthy children . 'Lust' might be in there , but bringing up  the child and a family requires a longer bond than that  so  'pairing' is also stimulated .  Maybe after children are born or they grow up 'love' dissipates .

Then there is this whole other dynamic that is more psychological relating to anima anmus and the reflections we see in others .... that can make someone seem like  th most wonderful person on the planet ..... for a few weeks or months .

What is conditional and what is unconditional love?

Unconditional love ;   she rings you up at 8:30 am  < sounding terrible >   " I am soooo  sick, I cant get out of bed except to vomit . And the kids are sick too, one vomited everywhere and the other two are crying for breakfast, and one broke some glass and thats all over the kitchen floor, with the vomit, and the kids are walking through it with their bare feet and   .....  "

Me;  " Okay, I'll be around there in 15 mins ..

Conditional love ;    That was her boyfriend pissing off as soon as she felt unwell the day before .

Giving love and receiving love? Are there giving and receiving in non-duality?

Thats a good question !  Maybe yes ? ... and that is  'energy flow' ?

The love that creates karma and the love that doesn’t create karma?

Hmmm .... I feel all love creates some type of kama .

And then, love at the subtler stages.

Why do sages equate pure being, pure consciousness, or God with love? 

because the experience of feeling them is 'pure joy '  ?

What is Love Supreme?

Edited by Nungali
  • Like 2