jack hammer

asanas,qi-gong, tibetan rites for youth and longevity

hello(i made account long ago,but this is my first post so I dont know well how this forum works)

Im putting together a comprehensive regime of excercise meditation for youth and longevity.Im only 25 but I want to live to 100. Id like some reccomendation of books or video tutorials,so far I learn 10 asana mudra fro youth,the 5 tibetans, and im interested in the 5 falun-gong excercises.

Anyways,id appreciate reccomendations. i also dad baithak, an hindu wrestling workout. this forum seems to have good scholars so Im glad I can learn here!

• Like 4

Well Ive read about the tibetan rites but to me its not enough. I think these can be a small piece of maintaining optimal energy and posture aspects in the body but to me diet is more important.  I think its possible to accomplish immortality through natural processes but with the right knowledge. And Im hoping to find others with similar interest and familiarity with the topic.

Not sure the Tibetans are Tibetan but they’re good.

Another set attributed to Tibet (old Bön) is the Kum Nye found here. Wonderful exercises but they’re pedigree is uncertain.

Swimming dragon qigong is powerful and simple. 

• Like 1

11 hours ago, Daoisme said:

[...]  I think its possible to accomplish immortality through natural processes but with the right knowledge. And Im hoping to find others with similar interest and familiarity with the topic.

I think that what could constitute  a breaktrough in this direction is a deep undestanding of the workings of the mind and the ability to strongly influence it. 

A noble pursuit, I think we're all on that path...or at least that's what brings us here in the first place 😅

I'm by no means an expert at 24 years but I've been exploring what "the east" has to say about longevity and vitality for most of them. I spent some time studying TCM which led me to tai qi and qi gong, and then went on to study Ayurveda and traditional hatha yoga (from which I believe the 5 rites originates) and I've definitely benefited greatly from both of them so I'm happy to vouch for them in the pursuit of "perfect health." What they both have in common is an understanding that:

1. Balance (correcting imbalance) -> health (easy, low-stress, natural functioning) -> longevity (you burn the candle slower). 

2. It is a lifestyle thing; diet, exercise, community, spirituality etc.

I've found it can be easy to want to rev up the physical intensity to perform better now, but longevity is about energy; using what you need efficiently and conserving what you don't need.

TLDR; 

Recommended reading for asana/5 rites:

Hatha Yoga Pradipika

Asana Pranayama Mudra Bandha

Recommended reading for tai chi/qi gong:

Self-practice Exercises

These will give you both theory and somewhere to start with the practice. Then enjoy the journey as you dive in; it's a deep, spacious ocean.

• Like 1

For longevity you can learn Eight Brocades Qigong (seated) by either reading the book "Qigong Teachings of a Taoist Immortal" by Stuart Alive Olson, or take his online video instructions on it. 

You can also do mantra meditation/Tibetan Magic, practicing the 21 Taras. Lama Lena teaches that online. I believe it's the White Tara that grants longevity. Also there is an app for it as well for the Android phone... 21 Tara Manifestations

Advanced glycation end products (AGEs ironically enough) are what you need to look into in a practical sense before diving into the sea of theoretical mumbo jumbo and general sketchiness.

There was a good thread here about why so many Qigong masters look like shit thats worth a browse:

Other factors to consider (which are related to AGEs and aging) are inflammation, cortisol levels, quality of sleep and lymph circulation. The other one is genetics, some people only have the raw equipment to age like milk whilst others mature like whisky.

Better genes next time!

tried them. makes u look young. got some o at a d powers with them unintentionally. but no good with mopai. can make u sick.

-mopai disease cannot be cured unless from someone like dynamo jack. even then it's not guaranteed.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Pyramidalcow said:

tried them. makes u look young. got some o at a d powers with them unintentionally. but no good with mopai. can make u sick.

-mopai disease cannot be cured unless from someone like dynamo jack. even then it's not guaranteed.

fbz32m57zvqx.jpg&f=1&nofb=1

• Like 2

Some Flying Phoenix Chi Kung meditations are good for anti-aging 

Spoiler

Hair growth and wrinkle removal

MSW meds 80 70 50 30 and 70 50 20 10 in particular done are energizing to hair and brings original color back if done together, one set following the other set. Your daily practice of these two MSW meds. for more than a month is what it takes!

Pretty much all of the advanced seated meditations in Vol.7--if practiced correctly and practiced on a regular basis after a solid foundation ("energy reserve") has been established in the preceding standing and seated exercises (Vols. 1 to 4) --effect allostasis, where the body's natural self-healing faculties are "turned on", and tangible, deep energy-permeation of the upper body and head is felt. I cannot guarantee that hair rejuvenation can or will take place for all FP practitioners. But I did and do experience it immediately upon practicing these Vol.7 Monk Serve Wine meditations that have the breathing sequences: 80 70 50 20; 70 50 20 10; 60 70 40 5.

• Like 1

On 4/9/2022 at 9:31 AM, Pyramidalcow said:

I agree that what most people call mopai will make you sick if you attempt it,  for whatever reason authentic teachings are almost impossible to find openly anywhere and there is a strange phenomenon where people invent new practices, call them "mopai" and then sell books about them on amazon, or post them for free on Facebook groups.  

People then practice these new systems which have been labeled as "mopai" get sick and blame the practice itself.

It is a sad state of affairs. 

In short you should not attempt unless you are certain the teachings come straight from the source, and have not been altered or changed in anyway. 

2 hours ago, Iliketurtles said:

I agree that what most people call mopai will make you sick if you attempt it,  for whatever reason authentic teachings are almost impossible to find openly anywhere and there is a strange phenomenon where people invent new practices, call them "mopai" and then sell books about them on amazon, or post them for free on Facebook groups.  

People then practice these new systems which have been labeled as "mopai" get sick and blame the practice itself.

It is a sad state of affairs. 

In short you should not attempt unless you are certain the teachings come straight from the source, and have not been altered or changed in anyway. 

Enough of the stories please...It has nothing to do with new systems or fake practices

Kostas said it best...everyone he knew had some kind of health complication...and this was under the direct supervision of John

vortex (again) on 14 November 2011 - 10:21 AM, said:
2) Does MoPai pose any particular health risks? And if so, how much of this is due to malpractice vs detoxing?

Answer: I know of no one who has not suffered some kind of complication. I believe that this is because the techniques were originally developed for use by hermits/monks.

That's  straight from the horses mouth...

Lawrence Blair confirmed John himself told him that he'd made himself sick (cancer) from "overdoing" it

@2.20

Lady: Does he still practice, or does he still give healings or?

Lawrence: No he doesn't, he's unwell. He's overdone he said, he's got cancer. And he said like anything else, like a sportsman if you overdo this, you can ill from it.

Seems a fairly apt summary of the situation

Edited by Shadow_self
  • Wow 1

Spoiler

2 hours ago, Iliketurtles said:

... and that they are complete & that you have access to an antidote in case of emergency?

• Haha 1

9 hours ago, Shadow_self said:

Enough of the stories please...It has nothing to do with new systems or fake practices

Kostas said it best...everyone he knew had some kind of health complication...and this was under the direct supervision of John

That's  straight from the horses mouth...

Lawrence Blair confirmed John himself told him that he'd made himself sick (cancer) from "overdoing" it

Seems a fairly apt summary of the situation

John clearly stated he was nowhere near the level required to heal cancer,  Liao could (according to John) but he was past level 48.

There are a lot of people who have practiced fake mopai methods, or altered the mopai methods themselves and ignored safety precautions and suffered major health problems, and major mental health problems as a result.

I do not know anyone personally that has given this practice the respect it deserves, followed instructions and safety precautions exactly and had any problems what-so-ever.

My grandmother died of cancer at a much younger age than John did, and she got plenty of exercise and had a good diet.  

She also never practiced mopai a day in her life.   

I know people who served in Vietnam, had agent orange exposure and went on to develop the exact type and specific form of cancer Jim McMillan had also never practiced mopai at all during their lifetimes.  

https://www.publichealth.va.gov/exposures/agentorange/conditions/prostate_cancer.asp

In fact almost all men will one day develop prostate cancer provided they live long enough.

https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC4324338/#:~:text=But the precise year when,expect to get the disease.

The fact that the line has a positive and significant slope affirms that the risk of a man developing prostate cancer is increasing and that all men, if they live long enough, can expect to get the disease.

About 40% of all people will develop cancer during their lifetime:

https://www.cancer.gov/about-cancer/understanding/statistics#:~:text=Approximately 39.5% of men and,will die of the disease.

Approximately 39.5% of men and women will be diagnosed with cancer at some point during their lifetimes (based on 2015–2017 data).

Edited by Iliketurtles

1 hour ago, Iliketurtles said:

John clearly stated he was nowhere near the level required to heal cancer,  Liao could (according to John) but he was past level 48.

There are a lot of people who have practiced fake mopai methods, or altered the mopai methods themselves and ignored safety precautions and suffered major health problems, and major mental health problems as a result.

I do not know anyone personally that has given this practice the respect it deserves, followed instructions and safety precautions exactly and had any problems what-so-ever.

My grandmother died of cancer at a much younger age than John did, and she got plenty of exercise and had a good diet.  

She also never practiced mopai a day in her life.   

I know people who served in Vietnam, had agent orange exposure and went on to develop the exact type and specific form of cancer Jim McMillan had also never practiced mopai at all during their lifetimes.  

https://www.publichealth.va.gov/exposures/agentorange/conditions/prostate_cancer.asp

In fact almost all men will one day develop prostate cancer provided they live long enough.

https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC4324338/#:~:text=But the precise year when,expect to get the disease.

The fact that the line has a positive and significant slope affirms that the risk of a man developing prostate cancer is increasing and that all men, if they live long enough, can expect to get the disease.

About 40% of all people will develop cancer during their lifetime:

https://www.cancer.gov/about-cancer/understanding/statistics#:~:text=Approximately 39.5% of men and,will die of the disease.

Approximately 39.5% of men and women will be diagnosed with cancer at some point during their lifetimes (based on 2015–2017 data).

John said he overdid it and that's what caused his illness...Do you understand that? He literally told Lawrence Blair (amongst other people I know of). Kostas said everyone he knew had complications...that's not 40%...that's 100%.

They are the facts of the matter, from the actual characters involved in this sorry never-ending story....and that's the reality of the situation....You weren't involved in it...and therefore aren't qualified to comment on it..let alone contradict them...so respectfully, just stop

Unless you have John or Kostas on record saying that Mopai is totally safe and didnt cause their problems. I think its safe we can take them at their word...and not bother with what you think might be the issue. No need to bother discussing it further now...leave it alone...lest another thread get polluted because of your need to pop up wherever the term Mopai is mentioned..despite having nothing to do with the school in reality

• Like 1

On 9/19/2020 at 12:35 AM, jack hammer said:

...regime of exercise meditation for youth and longevity

Every case of ill health I have examined has energy blockages in the ill areas.

Equally I have observed (including in myself) that restoration of free flowing life force allows the body to heal.

The same principle applies to emotional and mental troubles

Edited by Lairg

2 hours ago, Shadow_self said:

John said he overdid it and that's what caused his illness...Do you understand that? He literally told Lawrence Blair (amongst other people I know of). Kostas said everyone he knew had complications...that's not 40%...that's 100%.

They are the facts of the matter, from the actual characters involved in this sorry never-ending story....and that's the reality of the situation....You weren't involved in it...and therefore aren't qualified to comment on it..let alone contradict them...so respectfully, just stop

Unless you have John or Kostas on record saying that Mopai is totally safe and didnt cause their problems. I think its safe we can take them at their word...and not bother with what you think might be the issue. No need to bother discussing it further now...leave it alone...lest another thread get polluted because of your need to pop up wherever the term Mopai is mentioned..despite having nothing to do with the school in reality

He probably did overdo it because he was so kind-hearted and offered healing Non-Stop.  He was nowhere near the level required cure cancer like his teacher Liao who was level 48.

Supposedly Jiang's death was caused from over exerting himself during a healing if that's true I don't know.

If John's claim that past level 48 you can cure cancer is true I also don't know. 

Kosta never said what these complications were nor has there ever been the evidence he himself had cancer only rumors that as far as I can see are unsubstantiated.

Jim's cancer genomically was linked to agent orange exposure in Vietnam.

The fact of the matter is that about 40% of regular people who don't practice Mopai going to get cancer and that if you live long enough and you're a male it's almost 100% certain you will get prostate cancer.

I can only state that all people I know who treat this practice with the required respect, practice the actual methods not some false Facebook pdfs,  don't alter the practice, and completely adhere to the safety precautions don't seem to have any problems that at least none that I'm aware of.

If John's claim that past level 48 you can cure cancer is true then I think it's best to say that at the lower levels mopai offers zero protection against the practitioner contracting cancer.

If this is true then it does not seem reasonable to me to point the finger at mopai and claim that it is the causative factor in cases of cancer.

Every single instance of somebody getting injured seriously ill or having mental health problems that I am aware of has been because they were ignoring safety precautions and altering the practice adding and subtracting and changing it into something new.

5 hours ago, Iliketurtles said:

He probably did overdo it.

He's not the only one...

Should you choose to explore the world of IMA outside of an old video...you would find people are still overdoing and still harming themselves in all manner of internal work. It is dangerous period.

Thats the purpose of a teacher....to guide one.

Kosta never said what these complications were

Nor did I...the fact that they are there at all gives a reason to pause and give caution...Moreover, that he notes it as quite dangerous (is enough) 2+2 =4

16.30 onwards

• It is not possible for anyone to complete the training - there are certain pre-requisites that need to be in place in order to complete the training (he does not know what they are)
  • A lot of people get hurt
  • The training is very dangerous
  • From the Mo Pai training - A lot of people got sick that I know - Some of them are dead

These are all Kostas words...They are not mine.

Thats just it...I don't need to make an argument because the people actually involved have said these things over and over again

This was another person who studied with John and Kostas

I can only state that all people I know who treat this practice with the required respect, practice the actual methods not some false Facebook pdfs,  don't alter the practice, and completely adhere to the safety precautions don't seem to have any problems that at least none that I'm aware of.

All  proper Neigong carries inherent risk. Be it physical or mental

This is not something that one can get around. Only manage

It is the job of a teacher to help a student navigate this space.

Edited by Shadow_self
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, Pak_Satrio said:

Copper wire up bum

I wonder about if aluminum would work as well.

I defer to others....:ph34r:

1 hour ago, Pak_Satrio said:

Copper wire up bum

5 minutes ago, natural said:

I wonder about if aluminum would work as well.

I defer to others....:ph34r:

No one I know personally that practices uses a grounding wire in such a way.

• Confused 1

23 hours ago, Shadow_self said:

He's not the only one...

Should you choose to explore the world of IMA outside of an old video...you would find people are still overdoing and still harming themselves in all manner of internal work. It is dangerous period.

Thats the purpose of a teacher....to guide one.

Nor did I...the fact that they are there at all gives a reason to pause and give caution...Moreover, that he notes it as quite dangerous (is enough) 2+2 =4

16.30 onwards

• It is not possible for anyone to complete the training - there are certain pre-requisites that need to be in place in order to complete the training (he does not know what they are)
  • A lot of people get hurt
  • The training is very dangerous
  • From the Mo Pai training - A lot of people got sick that I know - Some of them are dead

These are all Kostas words...They are not mine.

Thats just it...I don't need to make an argument because the people actually involved have said these things over and over again

This was another person who studied with John and Kostas

All  proper Neigong carries inherent risk. Be it physical or mental

This is not something that one can get around. Only manage

It is the job of a teacher to help a student navigate this space.

I agree that you need a teacher to help you.

I also agree that it can be dangerous if you are not diligent to the point of obsession. 

Fire demands respect, and if you play around you will be burned. 

It is possible to treat fire with respect, work with it every day and never be burned by it, but that requires constant diligence, and respect. 

Few people are serious enough to avoid being burned, because they want to explore and improve things, ergo they want to play with fire. 

John had many students, and those students took students of their own to keep the knowledge alive that's how it's worked since time immemorial. 

Also I and others have explored every other option that's been presented to us as best we can and not found a reasonable facsimile yet. 

As far as Kostas I would like to offer you my perspective. 

In the circle of people I associate with we have seen far more drama than you can imagine, certainly far more than has been made public here on this forum.

Jerry Springer aint got nuthin on us.

People who feel entitled to and demand we give them our time and energy, and if we don't they threaten us and do whatever they can whenever they can however they can.

Delusional people who think they can fly in the sky and shoot fireballs, yes they really said this.  

All kinds of narcissistic, and sociopathic behaviors. 

It is hard not to be jaded and continue to offer your hand in friendship to the general public when your fingers keep getting bitten. 

I am certain Kostas has seen far more crazy than those I associate with have, and is probably far more jaded as well.

It is clear when he wrote the books he was projecting and assumed there were other reasonable people like himself out there who would come together to study and seriously explore this practice.  

As time progressed he realized just how much crazy is on the internet, and how hard it is to find reasonable and down to earth people who want to pursue things like this. 

It seems to me he's closed his heart off, and given up on this dream of community with like minded people. 

I believe he is actively doing whatever he can now to dissuade people from pursuing mo pai as a result of his experiences. 

That's just my perspective on this situation, take it with a grain of salt.

• Like 1

14 hours ago, Iliketurtles said:

I agree that you need a teacher to help you.

I also agree that it can be dangerous if you are not diligent to the point of obsession. 

Fire demands respect, and if you play around you will be burned. 

It is possible to treat fire with respect, work with it every day and never be burned by it, but that requires constant diligence, and respect. 

Few people are serious enough to avoid being burned, because they want to explore and improve things, ergo they want to play with fire. 

John had many students, and those students took students of their own to keep the knowledge alive that's how it's worked since time immemorial. 

Also I and others have explored every other option that's been presented to us as best we can and not found a reasonable facsimile yet. 

As far as Kostas I would like to offer you my perspective. 

In the circle of people I associate with we have seen far more drama than you can imagine, certainly far more than has been made public here on this forum.

Jerry Springer aint got nuthin on us.

People who feel entitled to and demand we give them our time and energy, and if we don't they threaten us and do whatever they can whenever they can however they can.

Delusional people who think they can fly in the sky and shoot fireballs, yes they really said this.  

All kinds of narcissistic, and sociopathic behaviors. 

It is hard not to be jaded and continue to offer your hand in friendship to the general public when your fingers keep getting bitten. 

I am certain Kostas has seen far more crazy than those I associate with have, and is probably far more jaded as well.

It is clear when he wrote the books he was projecting and assumed there were other reasonable people like himself out there who would come together to study and seriously explore this practice.  

As time progressed he realized just how much crazy is on the internet, and how hard it is to find reasonable and down to earth people who want to pursue things like this. 

It seems to me he's closed his heart off, and given up on this dream of community with like minded people. 

I believe he is actively doing whatever he can now to dissuade people from pursuing mo pai as a result of his experiences. 

That's just my perspective on this situation, take it with a grain of salt.

I have a question for you, is there anyone that John Chang taught who is able to fa qi and burn paper with their hands?