Sign in to follow this  
markern

Exercises to remove tension in arms

I have a lot of tension in my arms these days and am looking for exercises to relax them. Because I have some chi deviation issues I can't do too much stretches because stretches put I´me in a meditative state which sets of the energy imbalances. What works well is the mobility exercises from intuflow. They help but I need more. So does anyone have tips about mobility exercises, rotation exercises for the arms or similar that can help reduce tension?

Sorry this is not what you asked for, but have you considered trigger point therapy? Massage and finding the trigger points (extremely painful tender areas), is a great way to release built up tension in muscles.

Agree on intuflow.

Strengthening is an equally important aspect. Counter-intuitively strengthening in a correct manner releases the tensions, increases flexibility, and retains optimal positioning thereby reducing the tension over time.

Something that works wonders and can work right away is If you have 10 lb weight plate, hold the weight open handed statically in shoulder press starting position. Meaning hands would be near shoulders. While holding it, feel the tensions, where you can relax, where you can activate. That includes your serratus anterior, lats, core, and obliques. Do this for 30+ seconds. After that go into full extension overhead, still open hand position. A key part of doing this will be to activate your entire core while having it overhead. Stay static for 30 seconds or more, while continuing to activate core and breathing through it. Depending on what tensions you may have in the upper body above core. If you have a natural tendency to tighten from the chest to the neck, to the face as i have, It's important to relax those areas while activating the core. Let the core be your center of strength.

This allows to bring the energy back to center and keep it there by strengthening. Don't overlook the activation of the core and increasing the time while in those static positions. The length of time will  allow your body to know how to adjust, and over time the energy will flow more evenly throughout.

If it works, i would appreciate some feedback.

Another practice to look into is Kinstretch, might help with more than just the arms.They have some very interesting ways of mobilizing the joints while strengthening them.

https://www.instagram.com/kinstretch/

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

I've been practicing joint mobility stuff from Steve Maxwell on and off, but actually discovered Intuflow the other day. 

It seems more fun than the program I was doing before, even if he does keep talking about 'recruiting' your fingers. Also seems like something that can take months of regular practice to pay off.

Weird timing to see this, as I've had shoulder clicking, tension and restricted movement. Let me know if you find something!

Sign in to follow this