welkin

Mona Lisa mark under lip

1 minute ago, Earl Grey said:

If your ego matched your skill, you'd be quiet. 

If your actions matched your words, you'd be quiet. 

If you knew what's good for you, you'd be quiet. 

I already took a step back. It seems that you should do the same. i can sense your anger

• Haha 2

1 minute ago, welkin said:

I already took a step back. It seems that you should do the same. i can sense your anger

No anger. Just amusement because you're too predictable. 

You're really not good at reading people--or self-aware. 

Seriously, kid: take a break and go get help. This forum isn't going to go anywhere and you'll have a lot more fun when you're not trying to prove your relevance (hint: you're proving the exact opposite). 

• Like 2

5 minutes ago, welkin said:

it's not me that's doing anything

No. 

In the post I quoted before, and in the quote above, you separate yourself from that which happens. 

At the same time, you give energy and freedom to that action. 

I consider that view dangerous. 

• Thanks 2

Just now, Earl Grey said:

No anger. Just amusement because you're too predictable. 

You're really not good at reading people--or self-aware. 

Seriously, kid: take a break and go get help. This forum isn't going to go anywhere and you'll have a lot more fun when you're not trying to prove your relevance (hint: you're proving the exact opposite). 

Just amusement? As in not even a eeny teeny tiny bit of anything else. Come on man, that can't be true.

Ok ok, i'm not good at reading people or self aware. I apologize if you see that in me. I actually disagree. I think i'm better at that than 99% of people. Maybe i just need to do a better job of showing it. I'll admit, many people have told me i don't sell myself very well.

3 minutes ago, welkin said:

Just amusement? As in not even a eeny teeny tiny bit of anything else. Come on man, that can't be true

Oh, but it is. :D

3 minutes ago, welkin said:

Ok ok, i'm not good at reading people or self aware. I apologize if you see that in me. I actually disagree. I think i'm better at that than 99% of people. Maybe i just need to do a better job of showing it. I'll admit, many people have told me i don't sell myself very well.

This is how Donald  Trump thinks. Also, that non-apology there

4 minutes ago, welkin said:

I apologize if you see that in me

takes no personal responsibility for any of your actions--that is a typical backhanded insult masquerading as an apology that a lot of passive-aggressive people use. 

5 minutes ago, welkin said:

i don't sell myself very well.

More like you are selling what you don't actually have to people who don't actually want it. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Cleansox said:

Please say this is a joke. 

i believe that the exact part that you quote says a lot about your intention and how it is decided that you perceive things. It's very selective. Not to mention, anyone who reads the phrase "think i'm better at that than 99% of people". What do you think automatically arises in their heads, that i'm simply just better than them. It's questionable for you believe that you can discern my ability to read people without knowing me or from observing an online thread.

• Haha 1
  • Confused 1

11 minutes ago, Earl Grey said:

take a break and go get help. This forum isn't going to go anywhere and you'll have a lot more fun when you're not trying to prove your relevance

@welkin

This is good advice.

Not just regarding the forum, but anything you find is strongly drawing your attention and is emotionally ‘sticky’ for you at the moment. 

A 30 day media and weed detox could make a considerable difference for you.  

Go visit a (non-weed-smoking) friend and block internet access on your smartphone for a few weeks maybe.

Edited by freeform
  • Thanks 2

1 hour ago, welkin said:

i believe that the exact part that you quote says a lot about your intention and how it is decided that you perceive things. It's very selective. Not to mention, anyone who reads the phrase "think i'm better at that than 99% of people". What do you think automatically arises in their heads, that i'm simply just better than them. It's questionable for you believe that you can discern my ability to read people without knowing me or from observing an online thread.

Good try though. 

Edit: Actually, I read that sentence again. And the context. And you might have ment something else than that which was my first impression.

If so, my apologies! 

As of several readings, I am no longer sure which other part of your post(s) to connect it to. 

Might be a language thing? 

I am not english speaking, and if you are neither that would explain it. 

Edited by Cleansox
Admitted my mistake.

3 minutes ago, freeform said:

@welkin

This is good advice.

Not just regarding the forum, but anything you find is strongly drawing your attention and is emotionally ‘sticky’ for you at the moment. 

A 30 day media and weed detox could make a considerable difference for you.  

Go visit a (non-weed-smoking) friend and block internet access on your smartphone for a few weeks maybe.

You read my response in that regard right. I haven't smoked in a very long time. I have no social media, don't watch movies. My phone which contains literally no apps, is usually off throughout the day unless i'm expecting a call. Typically watch educational videos, while doing practices and chores throughout the day.

I'm assuming you knew about the weed stuff at least. Did you have an intention or purpose for having the need to include that? Especially the part about a friend? I have 0 friends who smoke weed fyi. Really didn't expect this from you.

14 minutes ago, welkin said:

have no social media, don't watch movies

Hmm?

14 hours ago, welkin said:

Cloud Atlas is a movie that really made a big impact on me. After the movie I remember thinking like wow, i have some oddly deep understanding of this. Because everyone who i went to watch it with, were just clueless. Didn't even get the movie at all. People who at the time i considered highly intelligent and philosophically studied.

I'd be a liar if I said, i didn't compare my experience to those I saw in the movie that had the mark.

:huh:

• Haha 1

5 minutes ago, Earl Grey said:

Hmm?

:huh:

Do you realize that movie came 8 years ago? You try so hard to discredit.

7 minutes ago, welkin said:

Do you realize that movie came 8 years ago? You try so hard to discredit.

And some people I know watched that movie as recently as last week just like I watched Taxi Driver recently too (and Cloud Atlas for the bajillionth time since it is my favorite film and I was part of the international fan club as well in 2012). 

The premise is that you say you don't watch movies full stop. 

If you said "Recently, I no longer watch movies" then it might be a different story. 

Edited by Earl Grey
  • Like 1

2 minutes ago, Earl Grey said:

And some people I know watched that movie as recently as last week just like I watched Taxi Driver recently too (and Cloud Atlas for the bajillionth time since it is my favorite film and I was part of the international fan club as well in 2012). 

The premise is that you say you don't watch movies full stop. 

If you said "Recently, I no longer watch movies" then it might be a different story. 

you say i'm predictable right. Do you realize that i gave you the benefit of the doubt in deleting what i was about to post. It went something like this "let me guess, you're going to say that i should've spoken about the time of which i stopped watching movies. Otherwise it can be considered as watching it recently."

Unbelievable.. I know your entire pattern now. Like every possible thing you can respond with it. It's very very very patterned. Look, me saying that is going to hurt. I'm not trying to do that. i'm being honest in what i'm saying. My point is to show you that i'm not lying about things you should reflect on. whatever you do is your choice. Look at that, right after i wrote my last sentence, i already know what you'll respond with. and you will have changed it by the time i finish this, but will be predictable nonetheless.

• Haha 1

2 minutes ago, welkin said:

you say i'm predictable right. Do you realize that i gave you the benefit of the doubt in deleting what i was about to post. It went something like this "let me guess, you're going to say that i should've spoken about the time of which i stopped watching movies. Otherwise it can be considered as watching it recently."

Unbelievable.. I know your entire pattern now. Like every possible thing you can respond with it. It's very very very patterned. Look, me saying that is going to hurt. I'm not trying to do that. i'm being honest in what i'm saying. My point is to show you that i'm not lying about things you should reflect on. whatever you do is your choice. Look at that, right after i wrote my last sentence, i already know what you'll respond with. and you will have changed it by the time i finish this, but will be predictable nonetheless.

Nah. You're stuck in this need to be right and never your fault vortex now. 

We've seen it before in you, and some of us came out of it.

Good luck!

Just now, Earl Grey said:

Nah. You're stuck in this need to be right and never your fault vortex now. 

We've seen it before in you, and some of us came out of it.

Good luck!

Lol. I'm definitely not lying or trying to be right. i'm being honest. But it's okay, continue with your life.

On 9/18/2020 at 1:20 AM, welkin said:

Is there any more i can do to find truth? I feel burdened since birth

I don't think any harm would come from you talking to a qualified therapist in person assuming you have the resources available to you to do so.  You're on a forum with some really far-out people, but I think most of us would agree that there is such a thing as schizophrenia, and even if we do have some relevant professionals present on the forum it's obviously not the sort of thing anyone is likely to be able to help you with in an online format.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

5 hours ago, welkin said:

I'm assuming you knew about the weed stuff at least. Did you have an intention or purpose for having the need to include that?

Some of your posts appear to be written under the influence (felt like weed to me - but maybe something else). Both now and in the past. For many people weed is not a good thing - and even if it’s fine, then a decent break from it is always useful.

Regarding media - I mean anything that involves looking at, or listening to a device with a screen - or even books and newspapers. 

5 hours ago, freeform said:

Some of your posts appear to be written under the influence (felt like weed to me - but maybe something else). Both now and in the past. For many people weed is not a good thing - and even if it’s fine, then a decent break from it is always useful.

Regarding media - I mean anything that involves looking at, or listening to a device with a screen - or even books and newspapers. 

You can hide the fact that your accusation came from much more than what you believe you thought. It came from a subjective personal  reason why you chose to say what you said. You can hide your intention all you want. I know you read the posts. You chose to act like i hadn't already mentioned my situation in regards to those things, they were even mentioned a few posts above. Not to mention where else would you get the idea of accusing me of that, if not from what you read that certain other individuals posted right above.

Edited by welkin

We have received a report about this thread and are currently reviewing whether any action is necessary. I caution everyone to watch the personal attacks and takedowns. I’ll ask one final time to return to the topic rather than the person posting it, please.

The Mod Squad

• Thanks 2

2 hours ago, welkin said:

You can hide your intention all you want.

Not hiding anything actually - not sure why you think that?

You could just ask my intention and I’d tell you :)

2 hours ago, welkin said:

You chose to act like i hadn't already mentioned my situation in regards to those things, they were even mentioned a few posts above.

I’m a bit confused why you’re so upset to be honest.

If you haven’t been under the influence of anything, then my apologies!

Besides - I certainly don’t think you’d be a lesser person if you were. I did more drugs than most in my youth!

I don’t know what post you’re referring to - I’ve only read a small fraction of this thread (because it’s not particularly interesting for me 😬).

I’m just concerned that this forum isn’t doing you much good at the moment - and my suggestion to take a break from this and any other destabilising influences was just a reflection of that.

No ulterior motives - I promise :)

But of course it’s up to you ‘take it or leave it’.

Because that’s what I’ll be doing too!

(leaving it) :) 

51 minutes ago, freeform said:

Not hiding anything actually - not sure why you think that?

I’m a bit confused why you’re so upset to be honest.

Well i'm not upset to be honest. I just want certain things brought to light that you keep hiding :)

And of course you're hiding your intent, you don't want to ruin your reputation and status of how you appear to others.

Whether what I sense is true or not, i'm not attached the necessity of agreement from you to believe what i say. I still stand firm in what I sense.  It's not necessarily the idea of harm against me. It has more to do with what you need to fill. Of course there's intent, i'm proving it in my previous post.

If you haven’t been under the influence of anything, then my apologies!

I don’t know what post you’re referring to - I’ve only read a small fraction of this thread (because it’s not particularly interesting for me 😬).

My previous response would prove what i'm saying now, as it provesthat your comment in regards to me and weed was indeed purposeful. And as i stated in my previous post, of course you saw it, otherwise you wouldn't have brought up that specific topic. Unless it's such a coincidence mr Grey brings it up and within the next minutes you do as well. Everything i'm saying is provable if one just reads the thread in chronological order. As I said it's something you felt you needed to do. It's okay, i don't blame YOU for it. However, It does seem that there's a need continue to throw passive aggressive comments with certain intent. Such as the above.

"not particularly interesting for me"

The point of that is to prove that you didn't read the previous posts? That's false of course you did, i'm proving it in everything i said.

But of course it’s up to you ‘take it or leave it’.

Because that’s what I’ll be doing too!

(leaving it) :) 

I don't need to 'take it or leave it' as i'm not in any way angry or attached to the outcome. I stand firm in what i know.

Good on you for leaving it. no hard feelings between us honestly, at least from my perspective.

Edited by welkin

14 hours ago, Cleansox said:

It's definetly a pivotal moment for this thread. 

It has been like watching a car accident, in slow motion, and always a cliffhanger that motivates me to continue watching. 

And then comes a marvellously insightful post, that manages to fit all the pieces of the puzzle (all previous posts) into a very special image. 

During this crucial moment of 'pivot '  I feel that   ........  wait !  ....      shit !   .... did I leave the stove on  ?   " 

I have locked the thread as it has been off topic far too long and I feel the mods need to discuss the direction to go.

Let’s all take a step or two back regarding this discussion and give it space for a few breaths, please. Let’s rest our minds from this topic for a moment.

Thank you for your patience.

D71361C5-7A27-422B-86FA-9FE4528514E4.jpeg

• Like 1
  • Thanks 5