Sign in to follow this  
Paradoxal

Nosebleeds and symptoms overuse of power

Hello!

I've noticed that whenever I use quite a bit of "power", usually in a magical sense, I'll end up with nosebleeds. That said, what I'm referring to as "power" is also used in martial arts, so this topic applies to all disciplines that use energy. Has anyone else noticed these kinds of symptoms? Do any of you have any "cures" that you prefer to use for these conditions? Usually, I find that it's best let the bleeding run its course, as I feel refreshed afterwards, but that is just my personal body. 

As I have not found much discussion on judging pacing in martial arts and magic on the forum, I thought I would start a topic by asking.

Much regards!

Edited by Paradoxal
Attempted to clear up what the topic was about
  • Confused 1

No. I have not had any symptoms like that . How often is the key .  First I would get my blood pressure checked . If that is okay it could be from irritant ;  central heating or  something in your atmospheric environment .

You haven't been putting a lot  of  magically powerful  ..... 'happy powder'  ..... up there,   have you ?   That'll do it .

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

9 minutes ago, Nungali said:

How often is the key .  First I would get my blood pressure checked . If that is okay it could be from irritant ;  central heating or  something in your atmospheric environment .

Health is not the cause. Reliably happens when using power on the divine level or communicating with higher-level gods, though, I've had it happen when certain spells are cast at a large scale. 

10 minutes ago, Nungali said:

You haven't been putting a lot  of  magically powerful  ..... 'happy powder'  ..... up there,   have you ?   That'll do it .

Oh snap, you caught me. I'm Pablo Escobear; got my source from that downed plane way back when. (I wonder how many people here will get the reference I'm going for...?)

In all seriousness, it doesn't happen unless I cast a rather powerful spell. Usually, will follow with recoil on the body within 24 hours, though, it doesn't often hit immediately. The main point of this post is that I am curious if this happens to many others, and if the symptoms vary between people. 

43 minutes ago, Paradoxal said:

Health is not the cause. Reliably happens when using power on the divine level or communicating with higher-level gods, though, I've had it happen when certain spells are cast at a large scale. 

Oh snap, you caught me. I'm Pablo Escobear; got my source from that downed plane way back when. (I wonder how many people here will get the reference I'm going for...?)

In all seriousness, it doesn't happen unless I cast a rather powerful spell. Usually, will follow with recoil on the body within 24 hours, though, it doesn't often hit immediately. The main point of this post is that I am curious if this happens to many others, and if the symptoms vary between people. 

Why are your 'spells' creating any type  of  'recoil'  ?  Now I am wondering what sort of practice you are doing and under what instruction ?   That should not happen .  Its a bit like reading an electrician saying , sometimes on a big job I get these jolts though my fingers .

I had practised various forms of magic over the years , some in depth  and with others and in contact with others who did likewise . This is the first time I have heard of nosebleeds as a result.   Other types of 'recoil '  ,  yes .  But that was through a fault of practice and needed to be remedied .

UNLESS a person had a propensity to nosebleed anyway  ( ie,  a history of it before and aside from any practice ) .

46 minutes ago, Nungali said:

Now I am wondering what sort of practice you are doing and under what instruction ?

I don't know how to answer that, as most of the spells I cast are ones I just "know" how to cast off instinct. I assume they're leftovers from past lives? The general process is usually using my internal energy combined with intent to stimulate external energy into bringing the desired effect into reality. Things like summoning or canceling rainstorms don't bring recoil, but if I were to attempt to summon or cancel a disaster (such as the wildfires or a hurricane), it would create recoil. Same with gathering information from elsewhere; if it is trivial information, I will usually get it free, but if it is critical or sensitive information, it ends up giving me recoil. Summed up, the more it affects the physical world, the more likely it is to come with recoil for me. 

So you     'just sort of know instinctively '     what you are doing  ? 

Good luck  with that  .

• Like 1

6 hours ago, Nungali said:

So you     'just sort of know instinctively '     what you are doing  ? 

Specifically, it's similar to how most humans know instinctively how to crawl or walk. It's just something that I feel I can do, so I try it and it works. Indeed, I wouldn't call myself a master by any means. That said, it's worked for me so far, though I completely understand your skepticism. However, let's remain on topic.

I posted this in the general section, rather than the occult section, due to my intended question targeting all of those systems that use energy, rather than simple magic. Naturally, this includes magic, but it also includes various martial arts. I'd like to foster a discussion on how various practitioners and systems track overuse of energy, among with their ways of resolving such issues. Afterall, that is one of the few topics I have not seen covered in depth after searching TDB.

Cheers!

It wasn't scepticism   .... its more like  'concerned ' .    My response was  mostly due to your use of the term 'cast a spell' .

However if you had also originally said martial arts  then I would have added ; yes , I have often got a bloody nose from over reaching myself in martial arts .

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, Nungali said:

It wasn't scepticism   .... its more like  'concerned ' .    My response was  mostly due to your use of the term 'cast a spell' .

However if you had also originally said martial arts  then I would have added ; yes , I have often got a bloody nose from over reaching myself in martial arts .

I must have misunderstood you then, apologies! I only started proper martial arts four years back, and have had this happen back when I was only using magic, so I used that as an example. I've edited the main topic to clarify the question; hopefully I succeeded. 

On overreaching yourself in martial arts, do you have any methods you use to judge when you're going too far? 

27 minutes ago, Paradoxal said:

I must have misunderstood you then, apologies! I only started proper martial arts four years back, and have had this happen back when I was only using magic, so I used that as an example. I've edited the main topic to clarify the question; hopefully I succeeded. 

On overreaching yourself in martial arts, do you have any methods you use to judge when you're going too far? 

Usually ....  I get an  injury .

On a lesser level  ;  a dirty look .

Last week ; numerous knife cuts on forearms  (luckily it was a wooden knife ) .

One of my teachers (he was a teenager & very willful even for a teen)who was practicing Bardon/Hermetics used to "push" himself to forcefully on the concentration practices to the point that he'd get nose bleeds.  After his teacher guided him in how to relax/dissolve/release into concentration his concentration not only increased but his nose bleeds also stopped. 

Acharn Brahm's book on Jhanas or Daniel Ingrams ebook (which I think is still free) both helped me a lot with getting the "balance" of relaxing/dissolving/releasing into concentration/jhanas.

• Like 1

Sign in to follow this