daojones

Astrology Resource Recommendations

Its become apparent that there is planetary phenomena that is energetically and spiritually impacting me in a big way.

The thing is I dont know a thing about astrology. I need help interpreting whats going on, as well as understanding the current conjunction of planetary alignments. Theres so much BS in astrology info so I have no idea where to start.

Any recommendations on where to start, schools of thought, etc...?

2 hours ago, daojones said:

Its become apparent that there is planetary phenomena that is energetically and spiritually impacting me in a big way.

What is this  'planetary phenomena'  ?

The thing is I dont know a thing about astrology. I need help interpreting whats going on, as well as understanding the current conjunction of planetary alignments.

If you can outline 'what is going on' I might be able to help you .  There doesnt seem anything greatly significant at the moment, generally . There is the Great Conjunction  and other dynamics near the solstice at the end of the year , but that should not effect aversely  to any great extent , personally  - unless you are a corrupt high official.   ;) 

In any case , with astrology, any greatly influencing arrangements would be via  your transits  (  the position of the planets at your birth compared to their current positions - so you would need a natal (birth ) astrology chart  for comparisons .

Modern astrology is pretty crap, most readings are general and computer based auto spit outs .  I recommend learning to read your own chart , it can be one of the most self enlightening things !  Also , regarding interpretation of the chart , who knows you better than yourself !

There's so much BS in astrology info so I have no idea where to start.

Any recommendations on where to start, schools of thought, etc...?

For 'pop' there is    ELLE's astrologer Kelli Fox   :)  ;

" ... about 2020, there are actually some good things in store. A conjunction of fascinating events in December—one of which falls on the Solstice on December 21—is said to bring promise.

"A total Solar Eclipse in freedom-loving, truth-seeking Sagittarius promises to out the Emperor for wearing no clothes; meanwhile, Jupiter and Saturn join in Aquarius, forming that important Jupiter-Saturn conjunction on the solstice."

"This is known as a 'great conjunction', and traditionally it relates to the rise—or fall—of royalty and power. If power does fall at the end of 2020, we can bet that it will be down to people power having exposed dangerous and manipulative conspiracies and underhanded dealings."

In depth ;

I recommend ' psychological astrology ' ( see the works of Liz Greene )   and for the tools provided  (  casting charts, info articles, different types of charts and systems , etc.  )   I recommend    astrodienst  site ;

On Liz

https://www.astro.com/people/greene_e.htm

On the solsticial   conjunction

https://www.astro.com/astrology/opa_article200110_e.htm

Spoiler
  • Liz Greene Astrology for Lovers Weiser Books ISBN 1578634261
  • Liz Greene (1976) Saturn: A New Look at an Old Devil. Samuel Weiser, Inc. York Beach, ME. ISBN 0-87728-306-0
  • Liz Greene (1977) Relating: An Astrological Guide to Living with Others on a Small Planet. Samuel Weiser, Inc. York Beach, ME. ISBN 0-87728-418-0
  • Liz Greene (1981) The Dreamer of the Vine - A Novel About Nostradamus. W.W.Norton & Co Inc. ISBN 0-393-01434-7
  • Liz Greene (1983) The Outer Planets & Their Cycles: The Astrology of the Collective. CRCS Publications, Sebastopol, CA. ISBN 0-916360-60-1
  • Liz Greene (1984) The Astrology of Fate. Samuel Weiser, Inc. York Beach, ME. ISBN 0-87728-636-1
  • Liz Greene (1987) The Puppet Master - A Novel. Arkadia. ISBN 1850630577
  • Liz Greene and Stephen Arroyo (1984) The Jupiter/Saturn Conference Lectures. CRCS Publications, Sebastopol, CA. ISBN 0-916360-16-4. (re-published as New Insights in Modern Astrology, (1991) CRCS ISBN 0-916360-47-4)
  • Liz Greene and Howard Sasportas (1987) The Development of the Personality. Samuel Weiser, Inc. York Beach, ME. ISBN 0-87728-673-6
  • Liz Greene and Howard Sasportas (1988) Dynamics of the Unconscious. Samuel Weiser, Inc. York Beach, ME. ISBN 0-87728-674-4.
  • Liz Greene and Howard Sasportas (1992) The Luminaries. Samuel Weiser, Inc. York Beach, ME. ISBN 0-87728-750-3
  • Liz Greene and Howard Sasportas (posthum.) (1993) The Inner Planets. Samuel Weiser, Inc. York Beach, ME. ISBN 0-87728-741-4
  • Liz Greene (1996) The Astrological Neptune and the Quest for Redemption. Samuel Weiser, Inc. York Beach, ME. ISBN 1578631971
  • Liz Greene and Juliet Sharman-Burke (2001) The Mythic Tarot. Fireside Books, New York, NY. ISBN 0-7432-1919-8.
  • Liz Greene (2003) The Dark of the Soul: Psychopathology in the Horoscope. Centre for Psychological Astrology Press, London. ISBN 1-900869-28-4

Edited by Nungali
  • Thanks 1

Thanks!

Yes its this saturn-jupiter thing!!!!

I didn't know anything about astrology and all these symbols and energies came up over the last few months and as I looked them up its all stuff that is going on celestially now.

Thanks for the book recommendations!

Gonna PM you.

Gello daojones,

astrological reading might be what you need, so to understand how planetary situation affects you. My friends like vedic yotish readings and find them relevant and helpfull. Just find some good reader and book a session