Loveherbs

Is life long celibacy even possible ???

I am planning to become a monk/priest. I wanna begin my practice with absolute honesty and wanna know if it is even possible to be celibate life long. i am 25 years old guy. In my monkhood i will stay away from masturbation or any kind of sexual activity. i'll do neigong and live a simple life. Is it possible? Do you know anyone of my age who has successfully left lust from his life and living a celibate life.

It's certainly possible, though whether or not it's beneficial in your case, only you will come to know.  There are certainly some added benefits but also many pitfalls in beginning that young.  But it's certainly possible.

I have a friend of 25 years who is asexual and has never had a romantic relationship.  He's retired and in his upper 70's now.  He has never had a girlfriend, or boyfriend in all that time.  Never asked if he is completely celilbate.

My wife and I dual cultivate and go long periods abstaining.  I'm demisexual (at 50 I've had two partners in my life), and I'm often not engageable sexually, cannot be seduced and won't respond sexually unless certain resonance is present.  For me sexuality arises from non-physical stimuli and deeper emotional subconscious triggers and spiritual resonance.  It seems to follow cycles with my gal and I... we have our natural rut and we long ago embraced this and don't force anything, either in engaging, or abstaining.

Authentic response... never forcing is my motto for almost all of life and it works well for me... for us.

What lineage are you considering joining?  There was a time when I considered joining an order if my gal and I had not worked out...

• Like 3

2 hours ago, silent thunder said:

Authentic response... never forcing is my motto for almost all of life and it works well for me... for us.

I echo the 'never forcing' advice.  When forced and not coming naturally, celibacy can work against you, mind and body.  Bringing more energy but it can be 'hot' and aggressive.  Perhaps worthwhile short term, but long term the jing conversion stuff is advanced, best done with a real teacher over years. 

Yeah. Focus on the mental aspects all the time. Physical should be beyond question.

Success is about discipline at the end of the day.

Don't forget to do mula bhandas to avoid muscle stagnation. Mourna is useful to practice as well. Train your senses....google 8 consciousnesses, that's your senses, not 5. So train all of them.

Avoid spices or anything pungent in taste: onion, leek, garlic, probably radish, ginger, etc too. You may take regulatory herbs when you are stable, 8 years or more in the game.

On an empty stomach, Sleep early wake up early. Look down on the ground when you walk on the street or speak with random women. See them as sisters and mothers and/or see the atman in everyone.

And needless to mention there is no such thing as semen retention. It's called Brahmacharya, and it's absolutely not a one thing. It's like batteries. If they get old they might fuckin leak electric water stuff which is very toxic. You can't even dispose of them properly, if you catch the allegory. It's a battery to your car. So you absolutely must practice intense sadhana.

Wet dreams count as breaks in celibacy but may not count as breaks in Brahmacharya if they happen like once in 6 or 18 months or even longer. And if you are clean to the letter on everything else mentioned above^.

Focus on becoming more sattvic.

Anything´s possible.  When contemplating a celibate path, I´d ask whether celibacy is likely to open me up or close me down.  There´s a world of difference between the joyous freedom of renunciation and the angry repression of rule following (one´s own rules or anothers).

Yes, it's possible since the human body has the ability to adapt. 

I've been celibate for many years. 

In certain animals, to post-pone reproduction has the effect of prolonging life-span... but that's certainly not the case for humans (nor for bees). 

Celibacy won't be better in itself than a moderate sexual activity, imho. 

Slight undernourishment keeps sexual drive down.  Certain foods to be avoided.  Keep away from people and outside stimulation, Buddhist visualization of women as bones.  Living in a temple.  All these help.  But don't forget celibacy is a mean or a requirement to the higher end.  It is not the end itself.

Brahmacharya is deep in hinduism. There is a lot of shit that never made it public. Back in the day siddarths were very mystic and powerful. Nowadays stickmen and stickwomen want to do "semen retention" for 5 weeks and expect to mind control with their body language or voice lol Theres stories of siddarths reproducing without any physical act as well, and having all kinds of siddhis. Using totally unpublicised magick, secret and development. It still happens to this day, it just won't be publicized. People think these boxes with small magickal people inside them and their laptops and phones keeps them connected to the "world". "World Wide Web" nonsense. It's the fucking middle ages out there!

Edited by EmeraldHead

6 minutes ago, EmeraldHead said:

Brahmacharya is deep in hinduism. There is a lot of shit that never made it public. Back in the day siddarths were very mystic and powerful. Nowadays stickmen and stickwomen want to do "semen retention" for 5 weeks and expect to mind control with their body language or voice lol Theres stories of siddarths reproducing without any physical act as well, and having all kinds of siddhis. Using totally unpublicised magick, secret and development. It still happens to this day, it just won't be publicized. People think these boxes with small magickal people inside them and their laptops and phones keeps them connected to the "world". "World Wide Web" nonsense. It's the fucking middle ages out there!

Taoists (some branches) are powerful magicians too.   Their magics could include stage magic, mentalist skills, cheating, superstition, plus some real supernatural skills.   

35 minutes ago, Master Logray said:

Taoists (some branches) are powerful magicians too.   Their magics could include stage magic, mentalist skills, cheating, superstition, plus some real supernatural skills.   

Yes, indeed.

I was only talking about supernatural skills.

Edited by EmeraldHead

22 hours ago, RobB said:

Celibacy to supernatural skills in ten posts. Classic Daobums.

Celibacy comes easily to some, as carefree and effortless as an afternoon spent lounging in a poolside chaise while a cabana boy brings pina coladas.  For others, abstaining from flirting with said cabana boy requires a near supernatural act of will.  Given that I´ve managed to work a cabana boy metaphor into a discussion of celibacy, can you guess which category of person I fall into?

Edited by liminal_luke
  • Haha 5

55 minutes ago, RobB said:

Celibacy to supernatural skills in ten posts. 

Everybody wants fireballs, but all they get is blueballs. 

• Haha 3

Its not bachelordhood (celibacy) luke. This is a lifetime thing with no breaks. Its a totally unique to hindu tradition. Its BRAHMAchariot. Its hard core raja yoga merging the cosmic mind with the bodymind. This is not a sexist hype or thing or anything hippy like that. The practice is totally the same for both sexes. Most talk about it where it's easier or harder for males in any aspect is not it. For disciples it would be a great virtue to be truly Brahmachary for a reason. It's nothing a normal human can copy or understand fully. A disciple for a real guru is already a step or more ahead of the average human. It's almost like you're shape shifting or transforming the human you were into a slightly different and better, slightly different ALIEN.

Edited by EmeraldHead

On 21/8/2020 at 5:23 PM, EmeraldHead said:

Its not bachelordhood (celibacy) luke. 

My post above was a little tongue-in-cheeky but I meant no disrespect.  Sorry if I came off weird.  I do believe that celibacy can be a great choice.  I also believe that it´s sometimes undertaken as a way for people to skirt around sexual issues that might be more productively faced head on.  These things are very individual and I don´t pretend to know what anybody else should do.  

Edited by liminal_luke
  • Like 1

39 minutes ago, liminal_luke said:

I also believe that it´s sometimes undertaken as a way for people to skirt around sexual issues that might be more productively faced head on.  These things are very individual and I don´t pretend to know what anybody else should do.  

Or for someone to seek for superhuman power and abilities with little or no real guidance, knowledge, or support other than books or utube . We’ve seen that combination here quite a bit. It’s not terribly effective.

• Like 2

22 hours ago, steve said:

Or for someone to seek for superhuman power and abilities with little or no real guidance, knowledge, or support other than books or utube . We’ve seen that combination here quite a bit. It’s not terribly effective.

Yes, that too.  And more than once I´ve seen celibacy promoted as a way to get girls.  Desperate times, desperate measures.

• Like 1

8 hours ago, EmeraldHead said:

Its not bachelordhood (celibacy) luke. This is a lifetime thing with no breaks. Its a totally unique to hindu tradition. Its BRAHMAchariot. Its hard core raja yoga merging the cosmic mind with the bodymind. This is not a sexist hype or thing or anything hippy like that. The practice is totally the same for both sexes. Most talk about it where it's easier or harder for males in any aspect is not it. For disciples it would be a great virtue to be truly Brahmachary for a reason. It's nothing a normal human can copy or understand fully. A disciple for a real guru is already a step or more ahead of the average human. It's almost like you're shape shifting or transforming the human you were into a slightly different and better, slightly different ALIEN.

Do such masters still exist in India? 

2 hours ago, Master Logray said:

Do such masters still exist in India? 

Madam Blavatskys brothers teleported back and forth and left a turban in place. That was no illusion. They also transferred the words of the book into Miss HPB when she was writing the books. Shamballa is real and multiple dimensions too.

There are plenty. We've had arahants on this very forum in the past that were misunderstood. The world stinks of nobleness and wisdom. Only the blind swim underground like worms. There are more immortals than non-immortals. Trust the teachings, you don't need 'proof' or credentials, you need will.

2 hours ago, EmeraldHead said:

Madam Blavatskys brothers teleported back and forth and left a turban in place. That was no illusion. They also transferred the words of the book into Miss HPB when she was writing the books. Shamballa is real and multiple dimensions too.

There are plenty. We've had arahants on this very forum in the past that were misunderstood. The world stinks of nobleness and wisdom. Only the blind swim underground like worms. There are more immortals than non-immortals. Trust the teachings, you don't need 'proof' or credentials, you need will.

Then how to identify them is a problem.  I read that Indian is full of gurus everywhere.

2 hours ago, Master Logray said:

Then how to identify them is a problem.  I read that Indian is full of gurus everywhere.

Will is the key <3 It's not about India. America has plenty too. Some small country with under 40-50 million population is unlikely to have anyone you could stumble into. Popular global hotspots, yes;USA has california too which is a sweet hotspot not just for the devil, lol, but for scientific researchers as well, businesses, cults, you name. These are hotspots for the people in the know as well, not just because economically they might find a comfy job but there is more life.

It's until you get started and you can sense higher shen and Sambogakaya and Dharmakaya, then you will notice a lot of things :)

We have plenty of good stuff freely available to the public, but how many people actually read all these ancient texts and practice? Just go on western occult forums or the reddit, many people will think like buddhism is about nihilism and it's  just an egregore hypnotising the priesthood and the lamas just stealing your postnatal prana.

Just be honest. This is your life and your journey. Return back those dreams you had as a child. Destinity is for everyone :) Everyone experiences glimpses of Sambogakaya and Dharmakaya throughout their lives, not just prince Gotama. Similarly everyone is in sink with themselves guiding themselves on the journey to finding the GURU - a physical, or not, a human, or not, a sentient, or not, teacher.

....chasing specific people or specific modes of thinking or specific words; going to peoples houses or country, violently insisting to be taught, ignoring SILA/MORALITY/YOUR PERSONAL DEVELOPMENT like it's some invisible, intangible stuff that does not matter, these things and concepts won't help.

Morality and purity practices are usually aimed at the Sambogakaya development - SPEECH; and WILL is usually about Dharmakaya - MIND - like in the dzogchen type stuff.

I'm using the buddhist framework because it's well known and clear ^ :D that's all. But immortals are all over the world. There's a lot of like small temples with entities that are actually immortals but they get ignored by mainstream and book authors.

If you go around screaming you're a scam, you have no lineage, you have no credentials and always look but never listen to people no one will teach you, and no one can teach you.If you go being obsessed and uncaring to nature, the present moment, the beauty of the world, how can you yourself be beautiful in the grand scheme?

Seriously don't obsessively chase specific and isolated books/lineages/currents/people, manifest the GURU in your life. It's not manifestation, it's simply touching what was always there.

Practices that usually make sense and take you higher (meditation) involve speechless and intent-less mentation. Or "empty mind". Just stay on the target as if you're waiting for the train. Even when you watch the TV or netflix you're expecting something from the media you consume, you want something else after you finish watching, instead just stay empty in tranquility, you don't need to feel focus or anything. Your Dharmakaya and Shambogakaya are right here and they lead to the real powerful siddhis :) Magick is real. Where there is will there is a way. 

Passions and sex drives are so strong, especially those in our youth, that only an emptied ,mindless Mind with no intention can counteract and sublimate them  . All minds are   the tools of those passions and drives, yet thinking that they are working for  the  interest of  their own selves,  their real owners  ( in fact the host is  outcast to a  hidden corner of the body  where   people  sometime  call it  dantian , sometime  call it  the Magic Gateway ..,  it  is a guest ,  the false self , who is  really in charge ) . If people are in capable of bringing  back  their real Self  , then no matter  how hard they try living away from the crowd , on the  high mountain, into  a deep cave..  all are  just some kinds of  formalism in  life , to the end , futile.

Edited by exorcist_1699
  • Like 2

I practiced a qigong system in my early 20s that required a certain level of celibacy if you are unmarried. Honestly found it unnatural and psychologically quite damaging at the time. If I had my 20s again I wouldn't have even attempted this, at least at that age. It's much easier to willingly abstain when you're in your late 30s, if that's what you want to do. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Why don't you join the monastic community. I'm also celibate and let me tell you conquering the 'demon' of lust is a daily battle. No wonder the Buddha (and countless practitioners) ended up almost like an skeleton in order to overcome sensual (and sexual) desire.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Asceticism

Mountain Taoists fast for 100 days to kill this desire. It's an extreme practice for sure. :)

Yes it is possible but it will be your life's greatest challenge. Very worthy.

Living in a monastic community makes things a lot easier as you'll be fully focused on overcoming desire. 

Edited by Gerard
  • Thanks 1