Apech

The necessity of thought.

On 29/08/2020 at 12:05 AM, forestofemptiness said:

That would be nice. I appreciate it when translators include key terms in the back, or put them in parenthesis. I feel like I am constantly having to "untranslate" key terms so I know what they're talking about. 

I'll say one word about that ....

' Dreamtime' .

Why someone chose that word to describe what was being spoken about  has changed understanding ever since .   But I guess our western English language / culture  understanding was never going to comprehend the concept in the first place .

• Thanks 1

I think a pertinent question might be how is the mind related to consciousness? I have a distinct impression that my consciousness operates at a certain chakra level (I first noticed it at the chakra just below my navel), and that over time my consciousness has risen and inhabited each chakra going upwards, like coming to a house and living there for a while, and leaving it each time to enter into the next higher house.

The role of thoughts in this is high, it involves the issues in each chakra coming into conscious awareness, which is intrinsically thoughts and feelings, and conscious intention to shift to each higher chakra, but my mind is in the role of student, trying to learn and understand the content and requirements of each chakra on the way, and being told when to shift to the next higher one.

So I feel that my mind, what I think, my consciousness, is being educated by this process, and this is it’s most important role, apart from survival. 

Edited by Bindi
  • Like 1

On 29/08/2020 at 2:13 AM, manitou said:

But how does nature not fit into mind?  My understanding (conjecture according to my conditioning) is that there is enough awareness in even inanimate objects to retain their form.  Are you speaking of Mother Nature or the nature of mind?

I'm thinking it's the same thing.

That...   ^  has     sorta 'bowled me over .   I cant comprehend that .

Do you mean YOUR mind or 'mind ' generally ?  I see my mind as separate, in a way , but contained and supported by physical body (and interconnected to 'consciousness' , on a few levels ) and physical body , in and connected to nature .  I cant comprehend a connection between mind and nature without body . 

As far as the separation goes  ( a  past  communication )   ;

"  Dear Mum (Mother Nature ) ,   life is hard at the moment ... can you please supply me with  ....... & ........ ?"

Big Mum ;   "No !  , Dont be such a wuss ! "

:huh:

• Like 1

The influence of our language on our thinking is an often under-explored and under-estimated influence on the overall tone of our potential thinking (as it relates to local/ego/personality based thinking).

There seems to me an undeniable conceptual foundation in english that every verb requires a noun to propogate it.  Every verb is necessarily associated with a connecting noun which is by the structure of the language, implying that every verb of flowing motion is instigated by some static 'thing' which is a noun.

There are no nouns in my experience of reality... every "thing" when engaged with is revealed to be a verb in itself, that is verbing its presence in fluidic ever changing motion and unfolding while also simultaneously interchanging and unfolding/intermixing with all other aspects of the aggregates co=arising with it.

English to me seems limiting to thinking in many ways as it expresses as a clunky strange cobbled together manner of expressing concepts that it miscontrues the nature of in its manner of describing them.

Edited by silent thunder
  • Like 1

47 minutes ago, forestofemptiness said:

I am sorry Limahong, but I have blocked you because I find your pictures/graphics fill up threads which makes the forum unreadable to me. Have you considered using them less? (II)

Hi forestofemptiness,

What had blocked - my pictures/graphics or the quotations on/of them?

A great weekend.

- Anand

22 hours ago, Apech said:

Necessity is from PIE roots meaning 'not yielding' = not ceasing or withdrawing.  You could say it means continuously present.

Thought from PIE root *tong = to think, feel.

In our minds there is a continuous thought process - and thoughts span everything from abstract ideas to vaguely formed feeling.  There are different types of thought as I said above.  As homo sapiens they are as essential to our being as the organs of our body.  Why is this????

Because an essential  nature of and application of  thought, imagination and resultant  action ( combined with  then, observation , analysis, more thought and adaptation of the resultant action or object is the primary facility that makes HS different from other animals . Its our essential adaptation (mentally , aside from the physical ones that allow us to do 'long tracking'  and other such traits ) that made us different .

When our mental facilities are working properly , that is .  (IE, some individuals cannot work this way at all , they seem to make the same mistakes over and over and over again .  

. This faculty I call soul.

• Like 1

22 hours ago, silent thunder said:

What about thinking about thinking... which is what we're up to here...

is it necessary?

"  Who is it that is thinking  ; ' Who is thinking ? '  ? "

• Haha 1

13 minutes ago, Nungali said:

But I guess our western English language / culture  understanding was never going to comprehend the concept in the first place .

Hi Nun,

Are all languages ~ living and alive... or dead woods?

Keep safe and well.

- Anand

I appreciate Limahong's pictograph communication.

The younger generation uses memes to great effect...

A sentence conveys only words.

A picture elicits an entire myriad of reaction.

A picture with some words can elicit much more depth in the intended definition of the words associated with the pictures and to me, I've come to really appreciate the meme style communication that is developing among this latest generation of digitally oriented folks... among whom, we are participants.

edit to add: which is all the more impressive considering that Limahong is an Elder here... and not a millenial.  He's embracing what is brand new, in his Elder years.

to me, that's impressive.

Edited by silent thunder
  • Like 1

9 hours ago, Kubba said:

Traditionaly speaking, in order to get rid of thought patterns, thought constructs we are used to, that give rise to identity are replaced by the spiritual teaching (qualified one, ideally that comes from established tradition), so we simply relinquish our thought patterns to another thought patterns which is spiritual discourse, something that creates fundaments to further development of our practice.

We can’t really stop thinking but we are able to guide our thoughts into silence, any kind of mind agitation can be pacified this way.

Patanjali Yoga Sutras also mentions contemplating luminous thoughts, in order to conquer those that are negative. Also contemplating kindness, friendliness. It gives immediate results.

when we need to solve something we hold particular thought “I need to reply to this post on booms”, “I need to go shopping”

One day, I decided not have thoughts about what I should or should not do. It was tricky, they kept interrupting the flow and wanted me to do things under their direction , but I was  determined to 'follow my feet' that day , or any intuition that was not 'thought out ' - 'letting  an angel  guide me '  .... 'following my nose '

( I dont have 'regular days ' like going to work or a job or anything , so I wasnt just  on a robot programme . )

MAN!   What a day that was !   The things that happened and the lasting repercussions  ( good ones ! )   .... phenomenal !   What a story !

5 minutes ago, Nungali said:

This faculty I call soul.

4 minutes ago, Nungali said:

"  Who is it that is thinking  ; ' Who is thinking ? '  ? "

Hi Nun,

I really wish that I can add some pictures/graphics/... to your above.

- Anand

4 hours ago, manitou said:

I don't know whether I've done things right or wrong, but I ride herd on my thoughts.  When I catch a critical one I try to immediately change the thought to the positive.  It's a conscious thing.

(Sort of like 'Gee, that poor woman is sure fat'.....but replacing that with 'oh, those are really great shoes she's wearing').  Seriously.  And  as I've been doing this for a long time, I can see all the difference in the world as to how my life unfolds.  Keeping the eyes focused high up on the hill, trying to make our words match our practice.  This, now, is my practice.

pin-head-watermelon-body

Ooooppps !   I mean ...... isnt  Apech looking rather ......   robust  .... lately .

:) 

15 minutes ago, Limahong said:

Hi Nun,

Are all languages ~ living and alive... or dead woods?

Keep safe and well.

- Anand

Some are. some are not .  I would not say they are dead words, but some languages are good for certain functions, others not .

Eg, Persian ( Farsi as one example)  is known as 'the language of poetry ' , yet the word for ' machine ' in Farsi is   ' mashin '  - that is , an anceint language that has no word for  ' machine ' so its adopted .

English a good language for commerce has few terms to deal with the esoteric, so now we use words like karma , wanderlust,  deja vu,

On 8/30/2020 at 5:22 AM, silent thunder said:

Limahong is an Elder here...

On 8/30/2020 at 5:22 AM, silent thunder said:

He's embracing what is brand new, in his Elder years.

Hi Creighton,

What Elder?

I just joined TDB on 27 March 2017.

I am still wet behind the ears.

I really wish I can send you a picture on wet ears ~ to spare you the necessity of thinking about them.

A great weekend.

- Anand

Edited by Limahong
Enhancement
  • Haha 2

24 minutes ago, silent thunder said:

I appreciate Limahong's pictograph communication.

The younger generation uses memes to great effect...

A sentence conveys only words.

A picture elicits an entire myriad of reaction.

A picture with some words can elicit much more depth in the intended definition of the words associated with the pictures and to me, I've come to really appreciate the meme style communication that is developing among this latest generation of digitally oriented folks... among whom, we are participants.

edit to add: which is all the more impressive considering that Limahong is an Elder here... and not a millenial.  He's embracing what is brand new, in his Elder years.

to me, that's impressive.

I used to annoy and canned by mods on another site for doing the same ;

" Do not use images to convey ideas ."

Thing was ..... it was a on a tarot site !    

tenor.gif?itemid=10620943

• Haha 1

30 minutes ago, Limahong said:

Hi Nun,

I really wish that I can add some pictures/graphics/... to your above.

- Anand

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcS5kjiVN3o0362WrR1MFTL

5 minutes ago, Limahong said:

No ~ a pregnant cat.

HE   cant be pregnant ! 

13 minutes ago, Nungali said:

Some are. some are not .  I would not say they are dead words, but some languages are good for certain functions, others not .

Hi Nun,

Dead words ~ for dead people?

Guess it fits ~ it is not necessary for them to think.

- Anand

6 minutes ago, Limahong said:

No ~ a pregnant cat.

Besides , now you might get in trouble for changing the subject  matter in interfering with the flow of conversation   :)

I suggest you make a new thread somewhere else ;  'Is Apech pregnant ?'

Thank you for your time and consideration   :)

1 minute ago, Limahong said:

Hi Nun,

Dead words ~ for dead people?

Guess it fits ~ it is not necessary for them to think.

- Anand

No, dead words ... as in words that are now defunct

1 minute ago, Nungali said:

I suggest you make a new thread somewhere else ;  'Is Apech pregnant ?

Please don't get me into more trouble.

It is necessary for me to think straight.

• Haha 1