Paradoxal

Healing methods: Where should one start to learn?

Good day again, friends! 

I'm highly interested in learning healing for both myself and others, but do not know where to start. I have read "Hands of Light" by Barbara Brennan, as well as the Yellow Emperor's Classic of Medicine (this translation: https://www.amazon.com/Yellow-Emperors-Classic-Medicine-Translation/dp/1570620806) prior to this post, though I do plan to re-read them. I can certainly mindlessly pass energy to others, which seems to indeed help them heal and/or awaken, but I'm concerned about doing so without understanding the risks. I have never been formally schooled in this kind of thing, and it has been rough finding reliable resources online. I have, however, been schooled up through the advanced Sil Lim Tao in Wing Chun, but I don't believe that that is where I get my energy from, as I had been able to pass energy onto others before I started learning Wing Chun. I find it quite likely that it's a legacy from past lives, though I do not know for sure from what type of system. As far as I can tell, I do have my MCO running as per Damo Mitchell's course and have had a Kundalini awakening (prior to getting the MCO running, surprisingly). 

With that background information, I pose this question: What systems are there to learn "healing" from, and where can I start with said systems? 

Much thanks in advance for thoughtful replies!

• Like 2

55 minutes ago, Paradoxal said:

With that background information, I pose this question: What systems are there to learn "healing" from, and where can I start with said systems? 

Flying Phoenix 

Spring Forest Qigong 

One Finger Chan 

Jerry Alan Johnson has/had a really through curriculum. 

There are plenty more fish in the sea... 

Just pick one within reach. 

• Like 4

Thank you @Cleansox and @virtue for the info! I do have one thing I should have clarified better in my initial post, which is I am looking for methods I can use to heal others. I don't quite understand how these systems can be used externally. Do they teach TCM inside the systems? Is there a type of spirit healing that is taught? I know that Wing Chun's forms are qigong forms as well, though I do not quite see how I can use the forms to heal people other than myself. I would like to be able to help others as much as possible, which is why I'm looking for ways to apply my martial training into healing. 

This isn't quite what you seem to be asking for, but i have found it very helpful for healing self and others.  Look at Meridian Massage with Cindy Black. It is an in-depth course in oriental healing developed by a massage therapist who became an acupuncturist and then decided she liked hands-on work better...  She developed a 3 month course that teaches energy development, meridian study, 5 element, Organ, and acupoint work in a layered approach. She is an excellent teacher.

• Like 3

25 minutes ago, Paradoxal said:

I am looking for methods I can use to heal others. I don't quite understand how these systems can be used externally. Do they teach TCM inside the systems? Is there a type of spirit healing that is taught?

I understood you exactly.

Flying Phoenix and Shui Gong are the best healing methods that I know and they are also very spiritual styles. Neither consumes your own energy when healing nor works through the Classical Chinese Medicine theory. These are esoteric Daoist methods that are intuitively understood through practice.

• Like 3

Thank you for the course, @cheya. That is something I will certainly look at, as I am interested in learning TCM fundamentally. 

@virtue Again, thank you for this information. I wasn't entirely sure if that was the case, but I am glad to get clarification. I will probably look at Flying Phoenix if I cannot get the funding for Shui Gong. I am a college student, and I have the finances as such, so it would indeed be rather hard for me to find the money to complete said course. Looking at your previous posts, you seem to have gone through the system yourself. As it is taught in eight lectures, would I be able to start building my practice after one lecture, or would I need to complete all eight before I could begin any sort of practice? 

• Like 1

57 minutes ago, Paradoxal said:

Thank you @Cleansox and @virtue for the info! I do have one thing I should have clarified better in my initial post, which is I am looking for methods I can use to heal others. I don't quite understand how these systems can be used externally.

All these systems have versions of external qi healing, I assumed that was what you were after. The depth of it depends on the teacher, not the system. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Paradoxal said:

As it is taught in eight lectures, would I be able to start building my practice after one lecture, or would I need to complete all eight before I could begin any sort of practice? 

Both Flying Phoenix and Sleeping Qigong are rather modular and very easy for learning purposes. The technical level is low compared to some styles of Daoist alchemy.

FP DVD volumes 1 & 2 are a great starter pack. With Sleeping Qigong you could ask Sifu Dolic to teach you the exercise Five Dragons Curled Up or the first main exercise called Body and Mind as One depending on what type of practice you would like to do.

Please note that FP and Sleeping Qigong are compatible and synergize with each other splendidly.

• Like 1

8 hours ago, Paradoxal said:

I'm highly interested in learning healing for both myself and others, but do not know where to start.

Hi Paradoxal,

Start with the HEART ~

(a) a soft thought...

(b) the heart chakra...

chakra.gif

(c) compassion...

(d)...

- Anand

Spring Forest Qigong has a very strong focus on healing. Here is an interview with the founder and you can find the video for the first basic motion (Moving of Yin Yang) on youtube, which is very powerful for circulating energy. I would recommend you stay away from healing others for at least the first 5 years of training, until you have a firm foundation underneath your belt. As you said yourself....it's not all sunshine and rainbows.....there are risks. 

Edited by RiverSnake
  • Like 1

6 minutes ago, RiverSnake said:

I would recommend you stay away from healing others for at least the first 5 years of training, until you have a firm foundation underneath your belt.

Hi RiverSnake,

Yes ~ not until one is clear on what healing is all about.

Healing starts with one's own self.

It comes with a responsibility.

- Anand