Sign in to follow this  
billb

Kunlun and kidney energy

I would like to know what people think about kunlun in relation to kidney energy. I have a chronic kidney problem and am looking to take the new jersey seminar in may hoping that this will help my kidneys. I would like to know how people think it compares with acupuncture. Acupuncture is very expensive where I live in Boston, about $700 for 10 sessions, and then you have to keep going for another 10 sessions and another $700 and then you eventually just go about twice a month and it does not become so expensive after about 20 sessions but you need to keep going for chronic health problems and I was wondering if kunlun could help my kidneys just as much without spending so much money because I can't afford this right now.

Edited by billb

Bill,

Have you tried the Kunlun from the book? Hold the position for a few minutes and then rhythmically move for another 10 minutes or so and see what you think. It's my feel that out of the taobums who attend that the vast majority are really impressed. As far as physical healing goes, some say it's pretty dramatic, but I have no idea what the percentage is. Since it's a gamble either way, I'd go with the Kunlun as there are more cultivation benefits.

Kyle

go with kunlun, when you are there, ask max of any ways to heal that area of your body, I have no doubt he'll be able to help you immensely. Not only do your physical weaknesses abate, but also your mental and emotional traps (which could very well be contributing to your condition).

clinton

First whats wrong with your Kidneys and can diet be changed to better the health of the kidneys with herbs?

On top of that any good chi kung or meditation that runs energy (Kunlun included) would be benifical to help the body. I would some stretching of the meridians and muscles to get the energy flowing and loosening up the body that also helps!

WYG

First whats wrong with your Kidneys and can diet be changed to better the health of the kidneys with herbs?

On top of that any good chi kung or meditation that runs energy (Kunlun included) would be benifical to help the body. I would some stretching of the meridians and muscles to get the energy flowing and loosening up the body that also helps!

WYG

I don't know nothing about Kunlun. One thing I believe for sure though: QiGong can even worsen your condition depending on the type of QiGong, your lifestyle and the seriousness of your condition. In your case I would assume a nice way would be to do both: Nevertheless it would be good to know what your kidney problem is... and what actually lead to it. If you have a proper Chinese Diagnosis you can start with some herbal preparations like from www.dragonherbs.com or www.taohealingarts.com (Dr.Chang line) or get in contact with Blue Poppy Press... getting acupuncture once in a while sure is a good idea as well. Yes. Things might be expensive to certain extent, but then count how many expensive things one tends to do which are not contributing to health... just a thought...

:)

Harry

Hello

There is a nice story by a monk with a cronic kidney problem who solved it with his practise as a jade dragon witth a white tigress. With sexual cultivation. In Hsi Lais book "The sexual teaching of the jade dragon".

The story: The bamboo imortal.

Of course this has nothing to do with kun lun but with kidney problems.

F D

Of course this has nothing to do with kun lun but with kidney problems.

F D

And always the question: How to do sexual cultivation right! Better not to mess with it without proper instructions... too much more damage might be done :o

Harry

Thanks for eveyone's input. My condition is called chronic glomrerulonephritis and I have had it since I was about 6. I am now 41. I have been seeing a professional chinese herbalist who is also a acupuncturist on and off for years but switched the last couple of years to a doctor of tibetan medicine because I don't have to boil and drink the herbs. In both cases I feel better with taking these herbs but nothing is able to get rid of the dark bags under my eyes which have gotten worse recently. The chinese formula always has rheumannia 6 formula with some supporting herbs. If I am without a herbal formula from a professional for more than 1 week I begin to feel very weak. There is also a professional formula called kidney well 2 by goutwelll international that I liked but I was only taking half the recommended dosage and did not realize it so may go back to trying it again. Costs about $100 a month at this dosage but is specifically designed for my problem by a western kidney doctor and a traditional chinese doctor. I currently practice the 5 rites to combat fatigue and also Ratziel Bander's Hsin Tao which is also very good for combating fatigue and I guess building jing but nothing helps to get rid of the dark bags. I have been reluctant to give Kunlun a try because I will have to give up shin tao and I have a lot of time invested, but I guess I will just have to do this temporarily and choose between the 2 and this is unfortunate. I liked the fact that some of your replies said that the cultivation benefits of kunlun go beyond the physical and may reach the underlying causes of my condition so this is the most convincing statement that it may help more than acupuncture. I once spoke to an acupuncturist at a work shop that gave up his practice because he thought it was helping people only temporarily and not addressing the underlying cause. So then you have to keep going which is very expensive unless you live in China or India or Nepal and the cost is very cheap. I may look into Science of Mind affirmations as well Yogananda's scientific healing affirmations to address the mind aspect because Lin once said in a post you have to have the right mind and this is hard to teach but he did not say exactly what to do to acieve "right mind". I have the kunlun book so I will try this week sometime but I really am bummed out that I will have to give up my hsin tao practice-Bill.

Guest sykkelpump

hello,sent you a pm.Just in case tou havent seen it :)

Should Kunlun be of help there is no need to be sorry about the hsin tao practice I assume... Dark bags is a difficult issue. They do not necessarily resemble your actual state but sure they might. Acupuncture is not equal acupuncture: there is TCM, Japanese and Special Style Chinese, Vietnamese etc. If you find a good Japanese Acupuncturist: GO FOR IT. Google Miki Shima. Then you get to the Association and maybe can find out about one close to you. Regarding herbs consider those addresses I mentioned above.

Hope you soon find the solution

Harry

Hello

Good luck with your kun lun practise. Perhaps a powerful water method as kun lun is good for your kidney (water) problem.

F D

One thing I believe for sure though: QiGong can even worsen your condition depending on the type of QiGong, your lifestyle and the seriousness of your condition.

Harry

That's some real good counsel!! Exactly what Master Chunyi Lin told me ....

Thanks for eveyone's input. My condition is called chronic glomrerulonephritis and I have had it since I was about 6. I am now 41. I have been seeing a professional chinese herbalist who is also a acupuncturist on and off for years but switched the last couple of years to a doctor of tibetan medicine because I don't have to boil and drink the herbs. In both cases I feel better with taking these herbs but nothing is able to get rid of the dark bags under my eyes which have gotten worse recently. The chinese formula always has rheumannia 6 formula with some supporting herbs. If I am without a herbal formula from a professional for more than 1 week I begin to feel very weak. There is also a professional formula called kidney well 2 by goutwelll international that I liked but I was only taking half the recommended dosage and did not realize it so may go back to trying it again. Costs about $100 a month at this dosage but is specifically designed for my problem by a western kidney doctor and a traditional chinese doctor. I currently practice the 5 rites to combat fatigue and also Ratziel Bander's Hsin Tao which is also very good for combating fatigue and I guess building jing but nothing helps to get rid of the dark bags. I have been reluctant to give Kunlun a try because I will have to give up shin tao and I have a lot of time invested, but I guess I will just have to do this temporarily and choose between the 2 and this is unfortunate. I liked the fact that some of your replies said that the cultivation benefits of kunlun go beyond the physical and may reach the underlying causes of my condition so this is the most convincing statement that it may help more than acupuncture. I once spoke to an acupuncturist at a work shop that gave up his practice because he thought it was helping people only temporarily and not addressing the underlying cause. So then you have to keep going which is very expensive unless you live in China or India or Nepal and the cost is very cheap. I may look into Science of Mind affirmations as well Yogananda's scientific healing affirmations to address the mind aspect because Lin once said in a post you have to have the right mind and this is hard to teach but he did not say exactly what to do to acieve "right mind". I have the kunlun book so I will try this week sometime but I really am bummed out that I will have to give up my hsin tao practice-Bill.

with a proper chinese medical dx, acupuncture will help even if you can only afford once or twice a month, more is better no doubt, with the right herbs, being modified based on your root and symptoms at the time, will help when you are not recieving acupuncture. the herbal formula needs to be modified from time to time based on what you are experiencing. thats the problem with patent medicines, they are a base formula for a general condition. thats why most would use the raw formula for your condition, i understand that it can be time consuming to boil the herbs (PROPERLY) and also dealing with the taste. but it is worth it. i have a pill machine that i use so when making a formula for someone that prefers not to drink the stuff, i make the formula up for them based on what THEY need at the time and can continue to modify it as necessary. that way no boiling, they are getting 100% of the herbs unlike a decoction and i have control over what the ingredients are and what i can take out/add etc. see if you can find a DR where you are that does that.

otherwise some of the other suggestions are pretty good. and as far as a tcm practioner closing his practice because he feels he is only helping temporarily and not addressing the underlying cause.....well i cant imagine that personally. tcm teaches us TO search for the root, treat the root and the symptoms will disappear, the root is what you always look for especially in chronic conditions, of course you can treat the symptoms but always always look for the root of the problem. thats the beauty of chinese medicine in treating the whole. if people only got better temporarily then something is being done wrong or not at all, for the most part. and if it happens alot then something is definitely wrong. good luck!

Edited by yuanqi

Far be it from me to tell someone not to do acupuncture, go to herbalists,etc but in one very important sense Kunlun might prove even more effective than these other methods: it's something you do yourself. Yes, it helps to go to the workshop and get the initiation. Soon, however, you will find yourself in a quiet room just you, your body, and a clear method for connecting everything scattered in you with the deep divine peace that resides at the core of us all. This, in my humble opinion, is a perfect setup for healing.

I saw in the kunlun book a list of other things Max teaches and one of them was called organ resetting. I guess my kidneys need to be reset and I wonder if this is something that Max can do for people in his private sessions, because I may schedule one if this is available.

Sign in to follow this