Satya

Life after death, and teacher queries

Hello, 

Long time no post. 

I've recently suffered several losses in quick succession; deaths and relationships. All amidst the pandemic it's resulted in a smidgen of existential dread. 

I'm looking to start a conversation to inquire into spiritual practices and life after death; practices to help (OOBE, AP, LD, RV, PLR, etc.), and discussion around it. 

Additionally, I'm seeking a real life teacher in the UK to show the skeptical part of me that all of this isn't bullshit through shaktipat, dream visitations, etc. 

Hope I'm posting in the right place.  

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2

Hi Satya,

I think this is as good a place to post as any.

I'm very sorry to hear of your losses.

My wife once asked me why I practice so much.

Without even thinking about it the answer that came was - I'm practicing for my death.

Loss is always difficult. I suspect giving up my own life one day will be the most challenging of all.

My own practice, Bön dzogchen, focuses us on being with whatever is, as it is.

We learn to identify not with the various competing and myriad identities that claim the title of "me," but with the openness and presence within which they all, and everything, manifests. When our relationship to that spacious awareness is stable enough, it enables us to host whatever comes up - good and bad. This is possible because the space and awareness are more expansive than anything that can challenge us. 

In the beginning, our ability to rest in that essence is fragile and needs constant care.

Over time it becomes powerful and can withstand anything, in theory. 

I think all of the great spiritual traditions offer us a way to think about and face end of life challenges.

It's a matter of which seems like the best fit for us and what we have access to.

I agree that making a connection with a credible teacher in a system that comports with your sensibilities can be enormously supportive in difficult times and can help to navigate the end of life, whether it be our own or our loved ones.

I'm here if you ever want to discuss further publicly or by PM.

Welcome back!

PS - Here is a link to a Yungdrung Bön study centre in the UK. I don't know the teacher personally.

• Like 3

Hi Satya

Condolences on your losses. I am in a similar situation to yourself, I feel that 2020 has so far been my worst year.

I am rather glad that you posted this and I am looking forward to seeing the responses.

I wish you good luck in your journey.

• Like 1

On 10/08/2020 at 1:09 PM, Satya said:

I'm seeking a real life teacher in the UK to show the skeptical part of me that all of this isn't bullshit through shaktipat, dream visitations, etc. 

I know of several who fulfill these criteria. They give shaktipat as part of an  initiation into the Mysteries of living and dying that you wish to explore but they will require your commitment to practice before giving it. How many hours a week are you prepared to devote to meditation and for how many years are you prepared to persevere?

☮️

• Like 1

also sorry for your losses........

drop the idea of a magic or silver bullet deal, for that can not be bought or sold.

• Like 3

On 8/10/2020 at 6:09 AM, Satya said:

Hello, 

Long time no post. 

I've recently suffered several losses in quick succession; deaths and relationships. All amidst the pandemic it's resulted in a smidgen of existential dread. 

I'm looking to start a conversation to inquire into spiritual practices and life after death; practices to help (OOBE, AP, LD, RV, PLR, etc.), and discussion around it. 

Additionally, I'm seeking a real life teacher in the UK to show the skeptical part of me that all of this isn't bullshit through shaktipat, dream visitations, etc. 

Hope I'm posting in the right place.  

Time heals all wounds....  everything changes, eventually.

There are a lot of "spiritual practices" across the world...If you are looking for something to answer your questions it would make the most sense to identify a tradition local to you where you can actually have real relationships with people.  No cults of course. 

As to life after death - you can certainly read up on it by reading all the books written by Robert Monroe, who was an out of body explorer who had no religious coloration to his experiences at all.  He wrote 3 books - " Journey's out of the body" " Far Journeys" and "The Ultimate Journey".  you can find these online for free.

...experiencing the next world or place ( the afterlife ) while alive- is actually against your very nature...people began to do that only after they had mastered a certain level of knowledge within themselves because they desired to learn more... there isn't really a quick way to be able to go there through astral projection or out of body journeys.... and also many people report that to even operate as an astral being ( to exist and be able to maneuver around like a physical human being ) you need to be acclimated to how your own astral body works and how the astral world works...i.e. you have to be clairvoyant, clairaudient, and clairsentient to properly function in the astral world....     it's not a small task to be able to violate natural law and exit your body and reach a high vibratory plane in the astral world : - )     There are numerous accounts of people who try too hard too fast and rush it - and end up going crazy, literally living out their days in mental hospitals.  

If you wanted learn about more of it, I'd check out Franz Bardon's books, they are highly regarded as being authentic and true. 

In essence here are the facts:

1.  There are 3 main "worlds" in the outer macro universe that correspond to the inner worlds within people:

- The mental sphere, plane, or world ( your mind, or spirit ). 

- The astral world, sphere, or plane ( your energy and emotion, i.e. your soul ) 

- The physical world, sphere, or plane ( your physical body ) 

2.  We progress from the physical world upon death to the astral world.  The astral world is vast and everyone arrives at a certain place in the astral world according to their own level of mental and astral maturity, or vibration...their "energetic signature" so to speak.  People live in the astral world for a certain period of time and eventually their astral body decays, upon which event their mental body or spirit travels to the mental plane, and exists there....under the same law of arriving to a place in the mental plane according to their minds maturity or "energetic signature".

These concepts have been spoken on, lectured on, and continue to be corroborated by authentic practitioners of spiritual practices.

On 15/08/2020 at 11:30 AM, old3bob said:

also sorry for your losses........

drop the idea of a magic or silver bullet deal, for that can not be bought or sold.

I feel everything that everyone feels; there is an indescribable amount of hurt, but dwelling on it all cannot help. We are meant to fully live in the now, and to live courageously in the moment despite the fact, and because of the fact that the gift of mortal life God/Nature gives us is only temporary. What may encourage some, and allegedly encouraged people like the Druids, is that we have souls that may, at some point, attain to eternal life.

• Like 1