Sign in to follow this  
Encephalon

Do you still believe in Copernicus?

Do you still believe in Copernicus?

We talked about this years ago.  Some believed that the earth was the center of the universe and some believed that was nonsense.  What’s your opinion now?  Opinions  matter!  More than facts!  The Oracle of Rosarita is clear on this.  rosarita.thumb.jpeg.39722c7874ff6446272bfd217f989eac.jpeg

I consulted Her yesterday and was advised that our journey through life ultimately depends on a critically precise ratio of fiber to lard. Second-guessing this decree invites disaster.  

I’m wondering if people are truly free of spurious notions about heliocentrism and can put science in its proper perspective.  Only sages can dismiss the western intellectual tradition and free themselves from the burden of objectivity.  Only the wise can maintain the posture of unhinged, reflexive skepticism and have the courage to reject the heresies of the scientific method. 

Copernicus was a fraud.  The earth is the center of the universe.  His sad devotion to that ancient religion of mathematics and astronomy is no match for the power of a 16-ounce can of frijoles refritos. Beware the meddling influence of imposters, infidels, and vegetarians.

refried-beans-vegetarian-46963.png.005562a50ad6813fdfe634831db47f72.png

• Haha 2
  • Confused 1

1 hour ago, Encephalon said:

Copernicus was a fraud. 

The problem is not that Copernicus was deluded. 

The problem is that Copernicus was so materialistic, that he failed to see that Earth is the center of Creation, because GOD decided this was the place where humans should exist. 

Poor materialistic bastard! 

The earth is the center of the universe.  

Yes! 

Isn't that obvious? 

Actually, they used to say that Jerusalem is the center, but a more modern and updated person knows that the center is more north, more or less centered around my house. 

• Haha 2
  • Confused 1

The Centre of the Universe is actually my  hara   ( or LDT ) .

I am off to Saturday morning  training now .....  to play with that .

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

One most excellent meditation practice is to rest in the infinite, unbounded space in the center of your heart. To have that direct experience is to abide at the center of the universe.

• Like 2

I am at home now .

I didnt actually go  home .

I remained still, in my centre ......

... and just moved the Universe a bit to the right .

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

9 hours ago, Nungali said:

I am at home now .

I didnt actually go  home .

I remained still, in my centre ......

... and just moved the Universe a bit to the right .

That's cause you're down under, up here in the us you just need to move it a bit to the left...

Be careful though, a little too far and you might end up soaking wet.

Just  to be clear, this was an exercise in satire, an oppportunity for a little bit of fun.   I wasn't actually suggesting that Copernicus was a fraud.  I was making the argument that questioning the very real horrors of coronavirus and believing otherwise is tantamount to bringing the heliocentric solar system into question.  The scientific method is actually something human beings are exceptionally good at, despite the current wave of anti-intellectualism washing over our shores.  It's not the only source of knowledge, obviously, but the best method we have of examining objective reality.  The Dalai Lama is on record as saying that any element of Buddhism that can be demonstrably falsified by science is an element he is prepared to cull from his beliefs.  If he can manage it, so can we all.

• Like 1

A few weeks ago I wouldn´t of pegged myself as a conspiracy theorist or "misinformation" peddler, yet here I am.

@Taomeow argued quite convincingly in her Batshit thread that hydroxychloroqine is effective against the coronavirus when used prophalactically or at the very first sign of illness.  I´m a believer.  And yet there´s a boatload of articles on nbc´s webpage saying that this view has been roundly disproved.  The last article I read stated that all the research on the drug has distracted scientists from more productive lines of inquiry and wasted us valuable time in the search for a cure.  Only quacks continue to push the drug.  Perhaps this explains the strange webbing growing between my toes.

Edited by liminal_luke
  • Like 1

6 hours ago, Taomeow said:

Not really.  I am 5'7'' and 135 lb.  (Nevermind those few extra quarantine pounds that will be gone soon if all goes according to plan.  I quarantined since mid-February and was the first one in all of California to wear a mask -- documented in my PPD -- but boy do I have things to say about the "conspiracy theories" as a crimethink term conveniently supplied by our friendly Big Brother and covering just about everything that does not fit in with one's conditioning, from the crazy stuff also supplied to discredit the real stuff to the life and death need-to-know stuff that people make a point of never investigating since it is so conveniently lumped together with the crazy stuff as one despicable unit known as "conspiracy theories."  Nah.  I already said it all.  Don't think I'll add much to that fat subject.)       

Hi - 

It seems like I've wandered into a conversation already in play.  My focus is on the literature of the subject matter, nothing more.  

Hi - 

It seems like I've wandered into a conversation already in play.  My focus is on the literature of the subject matter, nothing more.  

Hi Encephalon,

I think it's me who wandered into a conversation.  My excuse is, it's the internet.  :)

• Like 1

Sign in to follow this