Spoiler

Spoiler

Spoiler

welcome back o3b

Spoiler

• Thanks 1

Returning to this thread's baseline.

Chris Stapleton covers Nothing Else Matters

"Trust in who we are."   That cuts so deep. Double edged. Cuts into the marrow of the philosopher. Someone once cut it into stone at Apollo's gate @ Delphi.

Spoiler

apparently, possibly, one Murican voice, your's truly has drawn the attention of the spooky kind,,

well. "l'otters not afraid!!" 

crazy times, folks

Spoiler

Spoiler

Spoiler

Spoiler

one never knows when a bum has made their last public post,,,

(Les yeux sans visage)

Ah frigg, cant play billy idol, he's a brit or something,,,

Spoiler

yeah, can't avoid grooving to booker t & the mg's. Time Is Tight. Straight up Ear Candy.

from Santa Monica

Spoiler

Spoiler

From Boston

Spoiler

also out of Boston

Spoiler

Muricans brought old folk music from the old countries. the thread is now fully open to the world's music. We are One.

first, a word from our sponsors

Spoiler

Spoiler

Spoiler

Spoiler

I'm waitin' on the sun to set
'Cause yesterday ain't over yet
I started smoking cigarettes
There's nothing else to do I guess

Dusty roads ain't made for walking
Spinning tires ain't made for stoppin'

Life ain't hard but it's too long
To live it like some country song

Trade the truth in for a lie
Cheating really ain't a crime

Forget you high society
I'm soakin' it in kerosene
Light 'em up and watch them burn

Can not forget these voices of Murica

Spoiler

:lol: let's continue on with the so called Rat Pack

Spoiler

Spoiler

Spoiler

Spoiler

destiny, there's a concept, eh

Spoiler

Spoiler

clang clang clang

judy was first vice president btw fyi of the pack, her husband sid luft, cage master

bogart was rat in charge

and here of course is the Pack Master

edit>> isnt that the way Murica is, That's Life

it sums up the Magic That Is Murica

SECOND EDIT TO ADD BONUS TRACK

Spoiler

Edited by zerostao
  • Thanks 1

1963 vintage, no translation needed for the spirit of this song,  although I don't know a word of what he is saying, any translators in the room?

• Like 1

48 minutes ago, old3bob said:

1963 vintage, no translation needed for the spirit of this song,  although I don't know a word of what he is saying, any translators in the room?

Let us walk towards the top
上を向いて歩こう

So that tears don't spill
涙がこぼれないように

Spring day to remember
思い出す 春の日

Alone night
一人ぽっちの夜
上を向いて歩こう

Count the bleeding stars
にじんだ星をかぞえて

Summer day to remember
思い出す 夏の日

Alone night
一人ぽっちの夜
Happiness is above the clouds
幸せは 雲の上に

Happiness is on the sky
幸せは 空の上に

上を向いて歩こう

涙がこぼれないように

Walk while crying
泣きながら 歩く

Alone night
一人ぽっちの夜
Autumn day to remember
思い出す 秋の日

Alone night
一人ぽっちの夜

Sadness is behind the stars
悲しみは星のかげに

Sadness is behind the moon
悲しみは月のかげに

上を向いて歩こう

涙がこぼれないように

Walk while crying
泣きながら 歩く

Alone night
一人ぽっちの夜

Alone night
一人ぽっちの夜
  • Thanks 2

This thread’s intent was reconciliation; to nudge towards compromise and understanding, care & cooperation. I don’t think the thread found much traction in that regard; it is my shortcomings for why that is so. I tried shutting it down several times, but there is power in music and it is a media where common ground can be reexperienced. 
Here, in the Bluegrass state, where once was caught in the crossfire of perhaps Murica’s darkest hours, when, if one was between a rock and a hard place, they had relative safety from the Madness,,,

we came to understandings; 

image.png.8b3635b9712afe94c6d7c1e314b45f2d.png

This morning, in the darkness, drizzling rain, and wind, with fallen leaves swirling as I walked through them, I went to Daniel Boone’s statue and rubbed one of his boots. What’s up with statues anyway, eh?
if you ever read Faulkner, then you should know, the past isn’t even (ever) past.

and perhaps maybe it is like that so we have active reminders of what once was could be once again.

I, like many, have a checkered past. Moments of Light, moments of dark. 
Murica is like that too. We are in uncertain times. Change, capital C, is underway. Things tend to follow predictable cycles. What once was will be once again. I pray we get Light and not Darkness. I’d rather be gardening, working on art, listening to healthy laughter, discoursing with ya’ll bums over light topics. I pray for each of ya”lls health, safety, comfort, and joys going forward.

Destiny, destiny, 

I will close this thread fr 

there will always be another song to play, to sing along with or tap your foot to. 
The time has come for Taomeow’s thread. Let’s combine our energies and good will there. 
I will continue on with the othering thread and the kindness thread, for a bit, if events allow.

I want to end the thread by sharing this: here, in Richmond Kentucky where a civil war battle was fought, and then when Lee surrendered, and Glory Hallelujah for that. But it didn’t really end then and there, there was not a clean break. 
here, at Eku, founded 1874, as a way to stop open hostilities that were still going on in the aftermath of the war. The idea was to find any common ground and begin from there. They chose to fly a new banner in the breeze.

the banner bearing four words, they actually found four words they could agree on and they entered into a noble non sectarian set of principles to found the university on. To replace the war and its subsequent conflicts that grew from the schism, whatever the depths of those differences, 

at the time, the four words chosen were Lex Rex Crux Lux

they agreed that The Law was our king, the cross is our light.

and they moved forward.

That was the common ground they found at that time.

nowadays, we need to find common ground, it won’t likely be those same four words chosen in 1874. This is 2021. 
And in 2021 we will not agree to basic common ground. And we will, perhaps pay a heavy price for not doing so. I’d say, count on it. We cannot agree on the principles that the founding fathers wisely laid out for us. And Light shined for the world to see. And immediately, Darkness took note and took action to extinguish that Light.

unrelenting, darkness is soon upon us. We could choose four words to agree to and rebuild from that, instead, we will be seduced by the darkness, taking the bribes they offer and caving to their threats. It is the power lusting mongers who peddle darkness, spreading misery among us. One side says it’s the right that is wrong, the other side blames the left. While all the while, the power lusting mongers play all sides against the middle, smudging, obscuring, trampling out the common ground that we do share.

nothing like a good rant to start the day, I reckon.

here is the final song of the thread 

edit>> the final song on this thread to be posted by me. I had a bum reach out, asking me to leave the thread open. 

Edited by zerostao
Spelling