zerostao

Voices from 'Murica

Posted (edited)

Bringing it on home

the most Daoist song on the playlist has to be Ride the River

Isn’t that what we’re doing, riding the river ?

a couple of ol favs closing it out

Spoiler

Spoiler

Spoiler

Edited by zerostao
  • Thanks 1

i'm not going to try and top that version of Rocky Top. however, I'm not wanting to hear that song played much November 6 :lol:

Flashback to Rio Bravo

My rifle, my pony, and me. i've been working towards that status all year and just about there.

without further ado. The Ballad of Dood and Juanita, in its entirety, Full Album

• Thanks 1

Posted (edited)

Zerostao, what do you mean by Nov. 6 ?

Btw. I'm mostly trying to stay with the general theme in play with song picks, thus not trying to "top" anyone... I think it would also be of further interest if those who often view (13k and counting as you've mentioned) this string  post more than just the few times, (if any?)  that they may have done so in the past. 

Edited by old3bob
  • Like 1

Posted (edited)

November 6, the Tennessee Volunteers travel to the Bluegrass to play the Wildcats. So, I don't want to be listening to Rocky Top except the bare minimum, if that makes sense?

I used to work in Canaan Valley, West Virginia, rode to work in a helicopter each morning. And hey, they had the cheapest Budweiser there, like .33 cents a can

i sat front row while emmy lou sang this one

"at any cost"  ---that is how a Murican feels to keep Liberty's Light shining from sea to shining sea.

because if murica's light dims, the whole world goes dark. that is the weight we bear

edit>> add another emmy lou harris

Edited by zerostao
  • Thanks 1

Posted (edited)

I once had a roommate from West Virginia who often got very homesick while we were living in Alaska courtesy of the USAF. 

I agree about America being a stronghold for democracy, (more so in the past before the "big lie")...yet there has also been horrible deaths and shame that can not be forgotten when the "ugly American" factor has sometimes taken place in other countries resulting in untold numbers of civilian deaths from our blunders or heavy handed misapplication of force, for instance: bombing the hell out of people, places and things during the Vietnam war era, along with the use of agent orange, events like the My Lai massacre,  the insanity of the Kent State deaths,  a-hole Nixon and gang playing a political war and thus wasting Gi's lives!  not taking care of our returning Gi's,  and ten thousand other such examples that mostly took place more than 50 years ago! Thank god there has also been some good to counter-balance some of our major mistakes, which unfortunately have and still are being repeated to often, imo.  Btw I voluntarily joined way back then,  served 4 years active and one year guard.  

Edited by old3bob
  • Like 1

Give me a job, give me security Give me a chance to survive I'm just a poor soul in the unemployment line My God I'm hardly alive My mother and father, my wife and my friends You've seen them laugh in my face But I've got the power and I've got the will I'm not a charity case I'll take those (long nights, impossible odds) Keeping my eye on the keyhole If it takes (all that to be just what I am) Well I'm gonna be a blue collar man Make me an offer that I can't refuse Make me respectable man This is my last time in the unemployment line So like it or not I'll take those (long nights, impossible odds) Keeping my eye on the keyhole If it takes (all that to be just what I am) Well I'm gonna be a blue collar man Keeping my mind on a better life Where happiness is only a heartbeat away Paradise can it be all I heard it was I close my eyes and maybe I'm already there I'll take those (long nights, impossible odds) Keeping my back to the hole (All that to be just what I am) Well I'm gonna be a blue collar man You don't understand I'll take those (long nights, impossible odds) Keeping my eye on the keyhole If it takes (all that to be just what I am) Well I'm gonna be a blue collar man I'm gonna be a blue collar man I'm gonna be a blue collar man..

Edited by old3bob

Styx played for free for the Fourth of July, idk, 2017?? Ashland Ky. Bands often (always) change members. Shaw from montogomery alabama, was a frantic panic last minute replacement for J.C. who left the band to spend time with his family, and who could second guess him for that. anyways, in the mid 80's i was selling kentucky flowers down in bama, montgomery area, and met all the guys who played with Shaw locally there before he left to join the chicago band, styx. they griped that they had helped him write many of the songs he took to Styx and got no credits for it. DeYoung was a major player in the original group until 1999. I must say that his replacement, Lawrence Gowan is an immense talent.

yeah, blue collar man down in bama, a big deal in the 80's. Alabama has a caste system written into its Constitution. I could find work as a hired gun and did a little of that, supervising a handful of bars there but, mostly sold flowers. 

Styx reminds me of another band from those days...ok. a few bands,,,,

Spoiler

back before cell phones, smart phones, and we were so skinny back then , eh? not as skinny as they were in the 30s & 40s, still compared to our current days,,,,and we didnt need cell phones , we were all psychic, eh?

everyone i hung with was.

Spoiler

spontaneity was the norm, possibilities abounded (they still do) 

Spoiler

another concert i saw free, in ST Pete, Florida, was this guy, i like this song

• Like 1

that's cool you being there, and also quite a wide range of job skills back then!  

7 hours ago, old3bob said:

that's cool you being there, and also quite a wide range of job skills back then!  

cool you were a Fly boy too,,

HAVE A SAFE AND ENJOYABLE LABOR DAY WEEKEND YA'LL

Spoiler

A WORD FROM OUR SPONSORS

Spoiler

MORE WORDS FROM MURICA"S SPONSORS

Spoiler

A FINAL WORD FROM OUR SPONSORS

Spoiler

• Like 1

btw. most enlisted people in the USAF worked as support in one way or another for the "flyboys"  (some who loved to hot rod with their F-4 or F-15 after-burners over or around the bases!)  I was a tech in telecommunications which was a good job, it included being a telephone man when there were still a lot of old rotary phones in service being replaced with touch-tones.  I also worked in command centers with their communications equipment.  For instance the early warning system for when Russian jets entered our airspace...there was always a serious cat and mouse game going with that since we would do the same to them.

Edited by old3bob
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, old3bob said:

btw. most enlisted people in the USAF worked as support in one way or another for the "flyboys"  (some who loved to hot rod with their F-4 or F-15 after-burners over or around the bases!)  I was a tech in telecommunications which was a good job, it included being a telephone man when there were still a lot of old rotary phones in service being replaced with touch-tones.  I also worked in command centers with their communications equipment.  For instance the early warning system for when Russian jets entered our airspace...there was always a serious cat and mouse game going with that since we would do the same to them.

Spoiler

I know. As soon as I arrived in Incirlik Turkish Airbase, and they inquired where I was from, when I answered ol' Kentuck, they gave me a tour of the Armory. i weighed in at 135 lbs in those days, so it made sense for them to assign me the M-60 with its extra barrell, box of 500 7.62 ammo, and a side arm just to guard the M60. they also gave me licenses to drive any land grounded vehicles they had. which came in handy, the night I drove the cj5 across the officers golf course into the pond, no problem take me to get a deuce and a half and a chain. they joked about writing me up for that one. the Flight chief always had my back. First Sergeant too.

ah yeah a f4 flying 200 foot above with kicked in afterburners,, had ya working on defensive force fields,,,good for that carrying the sixty, with helmet on, flak vest on, gas mask on, boots on, hitting it at ten yards at a time, first down oh yeah..

of course they gave they guy from Jenkins Kentucky keys to the U2, Powers, the hillbilly who fell from the stars into Russia, so much for us hillbillies, you mentioned your pal from old West Virginia, home of THE FLYBOY #1 Yeager, still on active duty at age 75 with his One Star, because he could still outfly ANYONE.

but lets go to the tunes, starting off with the #1 Saint Lunatic

all those working in concert together as you mention to get that Fly boy off on that sortie and to give em the gun if need be

I'm True Blue to the USAF and to Ol' Kentuck 

and to the Green

COWBOY UP//SADDLE UP FOR THE DUSTY TRAIL

Like Sturgill said; one in the saddle and one on the ground. and Dino; my rifle, my pony, and me...

Spoiler

Spoiler

Spoiler

Spoiler

Spoiler

Spoiler

Edited by zerostao

Spoiler

Spoiler

The tune comes from the old eastern Kentucky folk song, House of the Rising Sun. Written by a former slave trader, sung by blind descendants of slaves.  "Was Blind But Now I See"

Such are the voices of Murica in all of her splendid diversity.

Never underestimate US.

Spoiler

Edited by zerostao