old3bob

De-caf question?

I make one press full of coffee in the morning.

I fill up my travel mug/thermos and there's one cup left over.

Drink that while I get ready.  Then drink from the travel mug at work or around the house. 

When it's half empty, I recharge it with hot water.  Repeat that until it's basically just water.  Since I don't eat until about five hours after getting up, most of my full strength coffee is on an empty stomach.

When I'm not on a project and sleep whenever I feel like it, I may make another half press, or some turkish mud in my Iblik in the afternoon, or after a great meal in the evening.

Edited by silent thunder
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

yea, the common desire is to have coffee when first getting up.   A minor amount doesn't mess up my sleep very much, too much caffeine can sometimes make my peripheral vision a little blurry... 

Does anyone know if microwaving coffee or tea destroys some of their properties?  (seems like it could)

27 minutes ago, old3bob said:

Does anyone know if microwaving coffee or tea destroys some of their properties?  (seems like it could)

I'd guess some but not necessarily a whole lot, especially if it wasn't nuked to boiling.

in my unresearched opinion using freshly roasted beans, grinding your own just before use, using closer to whole leaf teas.. keeping water less then boiling, all help to keep micro-nutrients more intact.

A Whole Foods near me used to have a roaster and could pick up freshly roasted beans.  Sadly they're not doing it any longer.  I drink dark roast and that tends to have less caffeine than lighter ones.  I make it w/ a french press which trends to give a fuller more robust drink, especially now that I'm using the Hoffman method which takes 10 minutes versus 3 or 4.     

I was doing some research into Modafinal  lately .  Someone I know got some and took it, their descriptions where rather amazing . It dos seem relevant that is is given to astronauts  and fighter jet pilots ; tasks that take instant reactions, being able to see the big picture , and make 'super-intelligent' fast and right decisions .  In short, its touted as a  ' cognitive enhancer' .

So I looked into the research  done on claimed cognitive enhancers or 'Nootropics'  (  substances that claim to improve cognitive function, particularly executive functions, memory, creativity, or motivation, )   .

Most natural 'nootopics' show  no cognition-enhancing effects  except in those with certain diseases or vitamin deficiency  ..... except caffine .

cant see the point  of having de coffinated  coffee .

If it upsets tummy , do what Italians do  , a small glass of water immediately after  ..... or before , or both .

or dont drink it at all if you dont want the caffine ;   roasted dandelion root makes an excellent substitute ( get the right brand, some is awful ), brewed , dripped or espressolated  (especially with some cardamom and cinnamon )  an is good for the liver .

• Thanks 2

I have stopped taking caffeine as it was really explosive to me and way too much stimulation. I bought some Biocoffee with wheatgrass and then some various herbal teas.

I will find Modafinal 

teechino was something I drink too and Pero 

chicory 

I dont own a microwave its against my religion

Edited by sagebrush

13 minutes ago, sagebrush said:

chicory 

Do you mean teeccino? I love their tisanes.

Sorry to hear you are anti-microwave. I regularly use mine. So handy. ^_^

• Like 1

are you trying to scare me? because I think you are. maybe its muy own intuition

do I need emergency surgery

I dont have the counterspace. and I didnt want to eat microwave dinners like amys all the time not healthy

but better than fast food. I have to use over and that fine.

I

1 hour ago, sagebrush said:

I have stopped taking caffeine as it was really explosive to me and way too much stimulation. I bought some Biocoffee with wheatgrass and then some various herbal teas.

I will find Modafinal 

chicory 

Find its averse side effects first

Food and Drug Administration received six cases of severe cutaneous adverse reactions associated with modafinil, including erythema multiforme (EM),

Spoiler

image.png.fb019e2a3982e6dd5f7988f64a192a2f.png

Stevens–Johnson syndrome (SJS),

Spoiler

image.png.737f19727be907b448ca58820b26f224.png

toxic epidermal necrolysis (TEN)

Spoiler

image.png.87b9c66e1355f65073553eb6896511a9.png

, and DRESS syndrome,

Spoiler

image.png.0665c1d69e828898473060e1a656d654.png

involving adult and pediatric patients.

yeah ... maybe just try the  TCM remedy ?

Edited by Nungali
polite request from fellow Daobum

57 minutes ago, sagebrush said:

are you trying to scare me? because I think you are. maybe its muy own intuition

do I need emergency surgery

Spoiler

image.png.a40d2a693fc3b9706faaf11a5dcb24c3.png

;)

Edited by Nungali