natural

dry humor greatly reduced of late?

I enjoy a bit of wit and dry humor.

And appreciate peeps whom don't take them selves to seriously.

Like A pech or No galis often provide both for an instance.

Brief as it maybe they are not known for twisting their drawers...

other peep yes ; )

• Like 4

There where some posts about this recently . I was complaining about the film industry ( in which I used to work) . I saw just the beginning of this .

Then with the Harvey Weinstein thing , it got to a ridiculous level   I had a visit from two old work mates , one from the Aussie film industry and one from the UK. One was saying some official wanker came up to them on set and said 'Dont stand around in a group in the background laughing with each other ."

" Why on earth not ! "

" Some people might think you are laughing at them. " 

There was this big upsurge in hate in and ignorance from one section of society  that developed in recent  years.  So there was a backlash of correctiveness .   It has been reflected here also . that cant be helped, its a reflection of forces in society .

Now, some people, who didnt take themselves so seriously , and would 'remind' others to as well, in various creative ways  ( ;) )   are a lot more wary . 

- Also  (just for you, natural) another dynamic is people are a lot more sensitive nowadays . A joke they laughed at a few years back might be considered offensive now ; just the other day I made a joke about a car accident .  And this woman pipes up ; " Whats so funny about a car accident ? Thats not funny, people get hurt, property is damaged  ..... at least wait until the ambulance leaves . "

Spoiler

:rolleyes:

• Like 1

First we thought that the coronavirus only effected the lungs.  Then we found out it damaged the kidneys and heart.  Now, at long last, scientists are discovering it hurts the humerus.  Dry humor has indeed been greatly reduced lately; people are also having trouble lifting their arms.

Edited by liminal_luke
  • Like 1
  • Haha 4

I like my humour so dry,

I only wave

a bottle of vermouth over it.

-martini humor

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

7 hours ago, Apech said:

Humour is cancelled.

I believe the term now is 'locked down'   . 

Does dry humor induce laughter though?

I think dry humor is usually perceived or appreciated,  often without expressed acknowledgement. 

• Like 1

6 hours ago, Nungali said:

I believe the term now is 'locked down'   . 

Laughter suppression mode is now in place.

3 hours ago, zerostao said:

I think dry humor is usually perceived or appreciated,  often without expressed acknowledgement. 

My field testing revealed that when I go to the supermarket wearing nothing but a face-mask it induces laughter and giggles, no matter how ironically I do it.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

I would have thought you going there with pants ON would create more of a laugh ?

f8d152fec819f156c9a1ef789cd86eba.jpg

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

14 hours ago, zerostao said:

Sure does in the right person.

People take something called schadenfreude as humor, glee is the for it in English I believe

My daughter told my a very dry joke when she was about 14 and it goes something like this...

So this baby seal walks into a club....

:lol:

• Haha 2

What is the leading cause of dry skin?

Spoiler

Towels

Edited by Nungali
  • Haha 1