Toni

Do you still believe in coronavirus?

Comedies and horror don't tend to age well. We watched Poltergeist, which as I recall, was a terrifying movie when I was a kid. My son (age 13) kept asking, "I thought this was supposed to be scary?" We tried Christmas Vacation last Christmas, but it was unwatchable. 

Action movies on the other hand hold up with a raw energy not often seen today. The Terminator was roundly enjoyed by all, although the special effects (thankfully rare) were terrible. It made me spontaneously remember when I was a kid and my friends and I would exclaim "that's so fake!" Back to the Future and Raiders of the Lost Ark have passed the Gen Z test, as have some of the top James Bond movies (Goldfinger, From Russian With Love). 

There is something about practical effects that we don't see much of anymore. 

1 hour ago, steve said:

I used to LOVE Monty Python’s stuff. It hasn’t aged well for me though. Another favorite was Bruce Robinson who did such classics as How to Get Ahead in Advertising and Withnail and I. I have’s watched them recently. Not sure how they’ e held up.

• Like 1

On 8/6/2020 at 9:51 AM, carlos248 said:

Yes its correct I'm just sharing my thoughts. It is not my place to educate.

The developed World just as the world in development follows the same rules in regards to health.

The national and international Health industry is a mighty powerful branch.

Very few Dr. will tell you that what causes a disease, they have less resistance to fear just doctoring those symptoms.     

Is English your first language? I often find your posts confusing, to the point of incoherence.

7 hours ago, forestofemptiness said:

I am so, so, so sorry. My son and I tried to watch Monty Python and the Holy Grail a few months ago. We agreed it was among the worst 30-40 minutes of our lives. And I was asleep for most of it. I fear he may be scarred for life. 

I have become confused.  I did not realise this was the what made you laugh thread.

I am giving this thread the seriousness it deserves. 

19 minutes ago, moment said:

I have become confused.  I did not realise this was the what made you laugh thread.

• Like 2

18 minutes ago, moment said:

Join the few, the proud, the mostly confused!

We who choose to laugh in the face of...

We will let you know when we figure out how our destiny might manifest...

• Haha 2

14 minutes ago, natural said:

Join the few, the proud, the mostly confused!

We who choose to laugh in the face of...

We will let you know when we figure out how our destiny might manifest...

"We will let you know when we figure out how our destiny might manifest.."

Good luck on that!

On 8/7/2020 at 5:05 PM, moment said:

Is English your first language? I often find your posts confusing, to the point of incoherence.

Nope, it isn't my first language. Or if it is clearer to you, no it is not my first language.

How often do you read my posts? Once and then form a kinda (kind of) judgment?

On 8/9/2020 at 3:31 PM, carlos248 said:

Nope, it isn't my first language. Or if it is clearer to you, no it is not my first language.

How often do you read my posts? Once and then form a kinda (kind of) judgment?

I have read five of your posts.  The fact that I could tell that English isn't ( or is not if you prefer) your first language should tell you something.  The gist of what I was able to tell from your semi-coherent ramblings, is that you, come here with your glass full.  What is the sense in that?

Also, I had made no character judgements of you, until this response to me.

Edited by moment

Well calling some post ramblings borderlines with an offence don't you think?

The very least it is polemic what you say.

We should stay on topic.

Coronavirus as it behaves, is here to stay.  Most likely we all will become infected.

6 hours ago, carlos248 said:

Well calling some post ramblings borderlines with an offence don't you think?

The very least it is polemic what you say.

We should stay on topic.

Coronavirus as it behaves, is here to stay.  Most likely we all will become infected.

Your specialty seems to be, to sum up a posting, with last sentences, or phrase that make no sense.

Quoting you:

"Living healthy will surely make many people unemployed or look elsewhere for employment." 

"Very few Dr. will tell you that what causes a disease, they have less resistance to fear just doctoring those symptoms. "

"As I see it it is Influencers, people with time who should visit schools and make children more aware. I small and little steps. That would change society." 

BTW, I am on topic.  I am criticising you, for spreading confusing information on this very sensitive topic.

Edited by moment

Hi as long as you don't read a few time you most likely will get the drift.

What is so confusing? When you are not open-minded its hard to leave your imprinted believes. 

On 10/08/2020 at 10:01 AM, moment said:

Your specialty seems to be, to sum up a posting, with last sentences, or phrase that make no sense.

Quoting you:

"Living healthy will surely make many people unemployed or look elsewhere for employment." 

"Very few Dr. will tell you that what causes a disease, they have less resistance to fear just doctoring those symptoms. "

"As I see it it is Influencers, people with time who should visit schools and make children more aware. I small and little steps. That would change society." 

BTW, I am on topic.  I am criticising you, for spreading confusing information on this very sensitive topic.

I think his English is okay  ...... i makes as much sense as Trump's 

;) 

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 2

This year un april I had coronavirus, dry cough, fever, sore throat, and trouble breathing. I drank a lot of water, and since I am an acupuncturist, I treated the lung meridian, took medicinal herbs, practiced the eight pieces of brocade, and in two days I reversed the symptoms.

The coronavirus is real, but it the treatment in Traditional Chinese Medicine works.

On 8/4/2020 at 9:15 AM, Toni said:

Months ago we talked about this. Some believed it was very dangerou and some believed it was a fucking joke, including me. What us your opinion now? Have u changed ur thoughts? Do u think media and governments are the real virus?

I have talked today with one of my former qigong masters. It has been the first time since the pandemy and he has said to me clearly that everything is a real joke. So I want to know if people here are clever enough and sage enough to correct past mistakes and analyze things by their own.

... My friend's Dad was hospitalized because he contracted the Covid 19 virus.  My other friends work associate contracted it and is on a watchlist.  How can you claim that this is a joke?  There is no basis in fact to believe that.  The only basis in truth we have, is that this is a new version of a coronavirus that has spread throughout the world and has killed lots of people.  

What your former qigong master says is not important if it is ignorant of the simple facts of what is going on.  

Comparing this recent outbreak to other diseases doesn't diminish the fact that it is real and it is life threatening.  So, before you get all into your own clever way of disjointly assembling dots into some crack pot conspiracy theory, consider that the world doesn't benefit by being abruptly shut down and in chaos.  

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

My friend’s dad was in a

medically induced coma for more than 2 months, on a ventilator. After finally coming back home 4-5 months since his hospitalization, he is unable to walk as his leg muscles have atrophied.  His wife also contracted the virus and after several months of being symptom free, has to go for lung treatment every 2 weeks as she has developed edema in her lungs.

I know several others who have died from this disease. At what point do the idiotic conspiracy theories stop? 

Does it have to take a close friend or family member to contract the disease and face direct consequences for people to acknowledge the severity of this pandemic? 

Recently I saw someone post a statistic — only .01% of the world population will succumb to this disease. Wow! .01% is a small thing right? Wrong!! That amounts to ~ 800,000 people. How many of one’s own family or friends are the naysayers willing to wish such an end upon? 

Edited by dwai
  • Like 4
  • Thanks 1