Toni

Do you still believe in coronavirus?

1 hour ago, carlos248 said:

What makes it worse is the publicity it is getting, organ damages? Only a few are affected, luckily.  

https://www.bbc.com/future/article/20200401-coronavirus-why-death-and-mortality-rates-differ 

This actually falls under we still don’t know, and there are some indications this notion of “only a few” experiencing organ damage may be wishful thinking on our part - enabled largely by a predominate focus on the most acute cases. 

https://news.berkeley.edu/2020/07/08/from-lung-scarring-to-heart-damage-covid-19-may-leave-lingering-marks/

From the linked article:

There is also a disturbing report looking at computerized tomography (CT) scans of asymptomatic people that found they were left with some scar tissue

Spoiler
  • Thanks 1

21 hours ago, Toni said:

But again let's not forget this is just a common flu

What prompts you to say that? Even the previous SARS epidemic died out completely at summer and high temperatures.

Perennial (common) flu doesn't become a problem until Autumn in most cold-weather countries.

This isn't a common flu. Stop claiming that it is! You have no facts to back it up.

Is it less lethal than the spanish flu? It seems to be the case but don't forget that the Second Wave of that flu was the deadliest. It is far too early to comment on how we could face it better or ponder on what-if scenarios. 

Edited by Zork
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1

Corona also kills in another way.  It jams up hospitals and ICUs.  What happens if someone involves in accidents, or having potentially critical conditions but cannot get into a hospital timely?

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

4 hours ago, Master Logray said:

It jams up hospitals and ICUs

Yes it reveals the failures of a system which lets people run on 30% of their capacity (impeded by heart, obesity or else). Instead of education, how to live healthy. Living healthy will surely make many people unemployed or look elsewhere for employment.  

• Confused 1

On 8/5/2020 at 8:03 AM, Apech said:

Herd immunity is the main mechanism where populations of at risk hosts defend against disease.  It kicks in when the proportion of people in the population are sufficiently high that the rate of transmission reduces to such a low level that the disease is no longer epidemic.

I am going to view this as a simple sharing of your own thoughts, and not as an effort to educate me. If this view is in error, please feel free to let me know, and I will respond accordingly.

Financial impact occurs because economies have global links - so if most countries lock down then an individual country which doesn't will still be impacted.  But the fact remains that globally we cannot sustain much more lockdown without a very severe recession which directly and indirectly kill far more people than the virus.

This, imo, is a simplification which doesn’t account for what I have read regarding an economic downturn (in Sweden) in things such as restaurants, beauty salons, and other local businesses, although it is certainly one part of the larger picture.

Personally, I suspect, with or without lockdown, this pandemic will have an economic effect of a rather widespread variety.

• Like 1

Yes its correct I'm just sharing my thoughts. It is not my place to educate.

The developed World just as the world in development follows the same rules in regards to health.

The national and international Health industry is a mighty powerful branch.

Very few Dr. will tell you that what causes a disease, they have less resistance to fear just doctoring those symptoms.     

18 minutes ago, carlos248 said:

The developed World just as the world in development follows the same rules in regards to health.

The national and international Health industry is a mighty powerful branch.

Very few Dr. will tell you that what causes a disease, they have less resistance to fear just doctoring those symptoms.     

I think she was talking to me Carlos ... :)

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

1 hour ago, ilumairen said:

I am going to view this as a simple sharing of your own thoughts, and not as an effort to educate me. If this view is in error, please feel free to let me know, and I will respond accordingly.

This, imo, is a simplification which doesn’t account for what I have read regarding an economic downturn (in Sweden) in things such as restaurants, beauty salons, and other local businesses, although it is certainly one part of the larger picture.

Personally, I suspect, with or without lockdown, this pandemic will have an economic effect of a rather widespread variety.

View it how you like.

• Like 2

33 minutes ago, Apech said:

View it how you like.

How about you all  meet in the middle..

"up on the roof"

by the drifters

I suggest that be fun?

22 hours ago, Apech said:

Not everyone appreciates a pedantic pussy but I don´t mind.

• Haha 3

5 hours ago, Apech said:

Where you just simply expressing your  own thoughts there ?

Or was that an effort  to educate Carlos ?

• Haha 1

1 minute ago, Nungali said:

Where you just simply expressing your  own thoughts there ?

Or was that an effort  to educate Carlos ?

The funny thing is ... my fingers hit the keys and these letters appear on the screen.  The letters form into words and the words into sentences which reflect my thoughts.  Some people with special powers can read between the lines of text deep into the darkness of my heart.  Therein dwells sombre, unmerciful, unjust, brooding clouds of a malign storm of intent.  The intent to educate, to teach, to indoctrinate my own savage world view on any passing Carlos whatsoever.

• Like 3
  • Haha 2

2 hours ago, Apech said:

The funny thing is ... my fingers hit the keys and these letters appear on the screen.  The letters form into words and the words into sentences which reflect my thoughts.  Some people with special powers can read between the lines of text deep into the darkness of my heart.  Therein dwells sombre, unmerciful, unjust, brooding clouds of a malign storm of intent.  The intent to educate, to teach, to indoctrinate my own savage world view on any passing Carlos whatsoever.

Oh my stars! 

There is a reason I left room for correction regarding the idea of you simply sharing your thoughts - namely because I don’t possess the special powers of which you speak.

You could have simply said, “you’re correct,” instead of the more “brooding” (I like the word, thanks for the suggestion) seeming reply of “view it how you like” - creating what I envisioned as further clouds of miscommunication, instead of lending to any clarity (which you have, with this reply I quoted, finally gotten to).

My intent was, once again, sincere, and as I have, in the past, expressly given you direct permission to educate me on what I was unaware of seemed a reasonable consideration.

Apologies if I have unintentionally hurt your feelings.

BTW Rain is inextricably linked to my six lokas practice for me, and not indicative of some malign storm of intent; just as clouds are typically understood for me in a Buddhist type fashion, and also not some strange slur on your character - which I rather like.

Edited by ilumairen
  • Like 1

8 hours ago, carlos248 said:

Thank you for your willingness to clarify your intent. I appreciate that.

I am just sharing my thoughts too..And once again, I am reminded of how different online communication is compared to say, sipping tea with a friend where all the non-verbal cues are available.

• Like 1

27 minutes ago, ilumairen said:

Thank you for your willingness to clarify your intent. I appreciate that.

I am just sharing my thoughts too..And once again, I am reminded of how different online communication is compared to say, sipping tea with a friend where all the non-verbal cues are available.

Vision is mind

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

10 hours ago, ilumairen said:

Oh my stars! 

There is a reason I left room for correction regarding the idea of you simply sharing your thoughts - namely because I don’t possess the special powers of which you speak.

You could have simply said, “you’re correct,” instead of the more “brooding” (I like the word, thanks for the suggestion) seeming reply of “view it how you like” - creating what I envisioned as further clouds of miscommunication, instead of lending to any clarity (which you have, with this reply I quoted, finally gotten to).

My intent was, once again, sincere, and as I have, in the past, expressly given you direct permission to educate me on what I was unaware of seemed a reasonable consideration.

Apologies if I have unintentionally hurt your feelings.

BTW Rain is inextricably linked to my six lokas practice for me, and not indicative of some malign storm of intent; just as clouds are typically understood for me in a Buddhist type fashion, and also not some strange slur on your character - which I rather like.

I am cursed with an English sense of humour.

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Apech said:

I am so, so, so sorry. My son and I tried to watch Monty Python and the Holy Grail a few months ago. We agreed it was among the worst 30-40 minutes of our lives. And I was asleep for most of it. I fear he may be scarred for life. 

• Haha 3

2 hours ago, Apech said:

And without being able to see the twinkle in someone’s eye, this sometimes (oftentimes) flies right over my head.

It was something my father took great delight in toying with me over - saying increasingly odder things, until I’d look at him, and say, “you little shit; you’re doing it again” and he burst out in joyful laughter. 

You have given me more to work with and allow to unravel, and I thank you for the exchange, you clever silly kitty. (Not having the same relationship with you that I have enjoyed with my father, I will refrain from lovingly calling you a little shit, but please do understand there is affection in the words.)

• Like 1

2 hours ago, forestofemptiness said:

I am so, so, so sorry. My son and I tried to watch Monty Python and the Holy Grail a few months ago. We agreed it was among the worst 30-40 minutes of our lives. And I was asleep for most of it. I fear he may be scarred for life. 

I used to LOVE Monty Python’s stuff. It hasn’t aged well for me though. Another favorite was Bruce Robinson who did such classics as How to Get Ahead in Advertising and Withnail and I. I have’s watched them recently. Not sure how they’ e held up.

Someone I know sent me this.Take it whatever way you want. 

C. S. Lewis - written in 1948 after the dawn of the atomic age.

In one way we think a great deal too much of the atomic bomb. “How are we to live in an atomic age?” I am tempted to reply: “Why, as you would have lived in the sixteenth century when the plague visited London almost every year, or as you would have lived in a Viking age when raiders from Scandinavia might land and cut your throat any night; or indeed, as you are already living in an age of cancer, an age of syphilis, an age of paralysis, an age of air raids, an age of railway accidents, an age of motor accidents.”
In other words, do not let us begin by exaggerating the novelty of our situation. Believe me, dear sir or madam, you and all whom you love were already sentenced to death before the atomic bomb was invented: and quite a high percentage of us were going to die in unpleasant ways. We had, indeed, one very great advantage over our ancestors—anesthetics; but we have that still. It is perfectly ridiculous to go about whimpering and drawing long faces because the scientists have added one more chance of painful and premature death to a world which already bristled with such chances and in which death itself was not a chance at all, but a certainty.
This is the first point to be made: and the first action to be taken is to pull ourselves together. If we are all going to be destroyed by an atomic bomb, let that bomb when it comes find us doing sensible and human things—praying, working, teaching, reading, listening to music, bathing the children, playing tennis, chatting to our friends over a pint and a game of darts—not huddled together like frightened sheep and thinking about bombs. They may break our bodies (a microbe can do that) but they need not dominate our minds.

• Like 8

15 hours ago, ilumairen said:

sipping tea with a friend where all the non-verbal cues are available.

Or having an heated argument in a BLM Demo?

Yes Internet needs emoij just to clarify when its i.e. English humour hehehe

We humans like to see the time we live in as dark and dangerous, but in regards to the past it was way easier to loose your life, a limb in the glorious past.

As I see it it is Influencers, people with time who should visit schools and make children more aware. I small and little steps. That would change society.

18 hours ago, Apech said:

ca2e05ad578e293493c6c618de01ccc5.jpg

5 hours ago, Apech said:

I have been found dumb, but now I find myself dumdfounded.

An English sense of humor?

What's next chickens with lips, teeth? 

• Haha 1