Earl Grey

Can We Pay More Attention to Copy Paste Messages from Admin?

A little friendly note for consistency and clarity as I've seen a personal message copied to the bottom of a welcome post a while ago that was eventually quickly edited a while back, and today I'm seeing things like "The Tao Bums" in welcome posts just now as opposed to Dao but still using initials TDB. 

I know it's a really hard and taxing job, but a little careful checking rather than copy and pasting can save a lot of trouble and confusion for some people. 

31 minutes ago, Earl Grey said:

A little friendly note for consistency and clarity as I've seen a personal message copied to the bottom of a welcome post a while ago that was eventually quickly edited a while back, and today I'm seeing things like "The Tao Bums" in welcome posts just now as opposed to Dao but still using initials TDB. 

I know it's a really hard and taxing job, but a little careful checking rather than copy and pasting can save a lot of trouble and confusion for some people. 

Writing only as a member, the words eventually and quickly are not often used in conjunction, and a little careful editing could avoid the confusion this oxymoron could potentially cause. ;)

And maybe avoiding the sarcasm “a really hard and taxing job” seems to imply would show a bit more good faith in communication to a team of moderators who took time out of their own lives to facilitate your early return from the lengthy suspension you had been given.

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

A friendly note -

We aren’t asking much, just that you treat members and mods here with respect. Take a week and think about that, please.

I know it’s really hard to be polite but it can  save a 3 month suspension.

• Like 1

9 hours ago, steve said:

A friendly note -

We aren’t asking much, just that you treat members and mods here with respect. Take a week and think about that, please.

I know it’s really hard to be polite but it can  save a 3 month suspension.

A week of suspension for a careless note ? I think that's overrating.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, CloudHands said:

A week of suspension for a careless note ? I think that's overrating.

Thank you for your input. 

I do not see it as careless.

It is a pattern of disrespect and abuse.

Earl was suspended for 3 months for bullying multiple members. The current mod team asked Trunk to allow us to give him the opportunity to show he is better than that. He responds with, among other things, an insult leveled at someone who volunteers quite a bit of time and energy to welcome all new members here.

All we ask is for members to treat each other with civility and respect. Most of you do just that. Earl has a history of bullying and abusive behavior here and has used up his free passes. A week off to think about his intentions is mild. 

• Like 5

6 hours ago, steve said:

Earl was suspended for 3 months for bullying multiple members. The current mod team asked Trunk to allow us to give him the opportunity to show he is better than that. He responds with, among other things, an insult leveled at someone who volunteers quite a bit of time and energy to welcome all new members here.

All we ask is for members to treat each other with civility and respect. Most of you do just that. Earl has a history of bullying and abusive behavior here and has used up his free passes. A week off to think about his intentions is mild. 

Maybe you can be kind enough to update me on a few things.  There seems to have been alot of chatter from dawei and Apech, about some misgivings they had about modding (did I just make up a word in that context? :rolleyes:). All of a sudden the thread is hidden, Apech is kicked out of the mod squad and Dawei is given thirty days.  Is there somewhere that tells us lower minions; the why and wherefores involved or maybe you can fill in the gaps for me.  I am a reasonably intelligent person and honestly I am a little befuddled.

Just now, moment said:

Maybe you can be kind enough to update me on a few things.  There seems to have been alot of chatter from dawei and Apech, about some misgivings they had about modding (did I just make up a word in that context? :rolleyes:). All of a sudden the thread is hidden, Apech is kicked out of the mod squad and Dawei is given thirty days.  Is there somewhere that tells us lower minions; the why and wherefores involved or maybe you can fill in the gaps for me.  I am a reasonably intelligent person and honestly I am a little befuddled.

Trunk removed Apech as moderator soon after the team was put together for personal reasons. The mod team had no input to that decision.

Dawei publicly posted personal and confidential information relating to multiple members, including admin. The mod team Pitted the thread and gave him a 30 day suspension.

Very straightforward actually.

• Like 3

8 minutes ago, steve said:

Trunk removed Apech as moderator soon after the team was put together for personal reasons. The mod team had no input to that decision.

Dawei publicly posted personal and confidential information relating to multiple members, including admin. The mod team Pitted the thread and gave him a 30 day suspension.

Thank you!  I appreciate the quick response!  Personal info, is quite possibly the best reason there is, for hiding a thread.  For giving out personal info without permission---- 30 days is actually a little on the light side.  I appreciate your efforts.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

14 hours ago, steve said:

Bad personal hygiene obviously.

• Haha 4

On 31/07/2020 at 3:32 PM, steve said:

I understand.

• Thanks 1