Daemon

The Hard Right is a Far Greater Threat to Freedom of Speech Than "Cancel" Culture

This article is misleading. It implies that cancel culture is the lesser evil of the two and can be tolerated, but the problem is that both are ultimately terrible things in the current zeitgeist.

• Like 1

Get rid of the Right-Left Paradigm. Just look at it from the perspective of corruption. In all societies....everywhere....corruption at all levels (Education, Journalism, Politics, Law Enforcement, Corporations, Military....etc) is always the greatest threat. 

1 hour ago, Earl Grey said:

This article is misleading. It implies that cancel culture is the lesser evil of the two and can be tolerated, but the problem is that both are ultimately terrible things in the current zeitgeist.

Most articles these days seem misleading to me - in one way or another.

This at least provided some food for thought. And I found myself singing “baby it’s cold outside,” remembering how it had been a holiday favorite of mine. Then came the day someone questioned the lyrics, and made some noise. Back home the station that played seasonal tunes had a listener vote, and the song stayed in rotation. I don’t think it did here, and at least haven’t heard it when the holidays come around unless I played it myself.

• Like 1

17 hours ago, Earl Grey said:

As is argued by the author of another article who says that there is a "Taxonomy of Fear [...] a pattern in the way speech is silenced" and claims that "understanding it can help us stand up to the illiberalism of this moment."

https://www.persuasion.community/p/a-taxonomy-of-fear