manitou

What about a Bums retreat?

Post-Covid, of course.

My little vision is to find a peaceful spot that maybe rents out cabins, and that we could have a retreat for maybe 3 days.

That there wouldn't be any particular focus of the retreat, but we can do group meditations on the spot, or whatever.  We've known each other soul to soul for years, and I can't tell you how wonderful it would be to meet other Bums in person.

And people could bring their musical instruments if they want,  we can have fun with each other's talents.  At the very least, share photos of artwork on our phones.

And it shouldn't be too awfully far from a good restaurant, but on the other hand a nice remote and peaceful feeling.  I know, I'm not asking for much.

Electricity would be nice.  Same with flushing toilets.

A central location might be the most desirable as far as everyone's convenience.  But I would have a willingness to fly anywhere.

We may have plenty of time visualize the dream retreat, for our purposes. (Whatever we decide those will be)

So if anybody knows of a suitable location for this type of seminar, please contribute to this thread.  It would be sort of fun to create a parallel universe while the rest of the planet implodes on itself.  :)

• Like 7

18 hours ago, manitou said:

So if anybody knows of a suitable location for this type of seminar, please contribute to this thread.

22 hours ago, manitou said:

Post-Covid, of course.

My little vision is to find a peaceful spot that maybe rents out cabins, and that we could have a retreat for maybe 3 days.

That there wouldn't be any particular focus of the retreat, but we can do group meditations on the spot, or whatever.  We've known each other soul to soul for years, and I can't tell you how wonderful it would be to meet other Bums in person.

And people could bring their musical instruments if they want,  we can have fun with each other's talents.  At the very least, share photos of artwork on our phones.

And it shouldn't be too awfully far from a good restaurant, but on the other hand a nice remote and peaceful feeling.  I know, I'm not asking for much.

A central location might be the most desirable as far as everyone's convenience.  But I would have a willingness to fly anywhere.

We may have plenty of time visualize the dream retreat, for our purposes. (Whatever we decide those will be)

So if anybody knows of a suitable location for this type of seminar, please contribute to this thread.  It would be sort of fun to create a parallel universe while the rest of the planet implodes on itself.  :)

We got a festival site;  can take up to 1000, car park, campground, riverside with rainforest opposite. Huge bamboo grove, toilets and showers, meditation sanctuary ritual circle and sound stage with 3 phase power  and two cabins .

But of course, this event  will be happening in USA . . . . after covid .

• Like 2

21 minutes ago, Nungali said:

We got a festival site;  can take up to 1000, car park, campground, riverside with rainforest opposite. Huge bamboo grove, toilets and showers, meditation sanctuary ritual circle and sound stage with 3 phase power  and two cabins .

But of course, this event  will be happening in USA . . . . after covid .

I'll be in your site because it's closer, cheaper, and the other people I know are closer there. :D 

Years and years ago, Max Christenson's Kunlun was the latest greatest thing and we had a couple groups going down, taking the seminar together- hiking, partying and looking for aliens.  B)

Any retreat in a beautiful area would be ok by me.  even if there wasn't any alien hunting involved. 

• Like 3

7 hours ago, Earl Grey said:

I'll be in your site because it's closer, cheaper, and the other people I know are closer there. :D 

Also have an airport  50 mins away .

TDBs  South East Asia Contingent  Post Covid Retreat .  We might even get 3 !

-  I bet some people here didnt realise Australia is part of SE Asia .  

( It's  that   BIG  island at the end of the SE Asian archipelago folks . )

• Like 3

1 hour ago, Nungali said:

I bet some people here didn't realise Australia is part of SE Asia.

It is...

map_decor.gif

rescuers1.gif

Hi Nun ~ I am saluting.

- Anand

• Like 1

On 7/26/2020 at 7:45 PM, manitou said:

Post-Covid, of course.

If we're going to do it in the US, how about somewhere in Colorado in the summer? 

Guess what my first google search produced @manitou

https://www.findthedivine.com/retreats-online/sunmountain-center-yoga-wellness-retreat-center-in-manitou-springs-co/

Edited by dwai
  • Like 2
  • Haha 2

On 7/27/2020 at 8:45 AM, manitou said:

We've known each other soul to soul for years, and I can't tell you how wonderful it would be to meet other Bums in person.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, dwai said:

If we're going to do it in the US, how about somewhere in Colorado in the summer? 

Guess what my first google search produced @manitou

https://www.findthedivine.com/retreats-online/sunmountain-center-yoga-wellness-retreat-center-in-manitou-springs-co/

Manitou Springs and Colorado Springs, rock, beautiful area, close to the Garden of the Gods reserve.

Course our Manitou rocks as well :)

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, thelerner said:

Manitou Springs and Colorado Springs, rock, beautiful area, close to the Garden of the Gods reserve.

Course our Manitou rocks as well :)

LOL.  That's very funny.  Yes, that place has my name written all over it.

It actually looks kind of perfect.  Hopefully the elevation isn't much over  5,000 ft.  I'll check on that.

I love the fact that there's a spa, on-site chef - I'll check into the cost too.

• Like 3

2 hours ago, Limahong said:

Perfect.

Damn.  I wish I could watercolor that well.

Edited by manitou

Actually, @Dwai, that place looks rather perfect.  I have an email in to them to let me know about cost, etc.  They have a spa there, massages, they do meditations if we're interested, the in-house chef cooks food that's grown on site.  Not far from town, so we could do a restaurant or two.  I like the fact that it's more towards the base of Pike's Peak - I have trouble breathing over 5,000 feet.  I think Colorado in the summer sounds wonderful.

• Like 2

4 hours ago, manitou said:

I wish I could watercolor that well.

th?id=OIP.UOYbFl-0Tueb_t0YDKsHawHaE8&pid=Api&P=0&w=260&h=174 th?id=OIP.ewRcjjk6_C6w_HCX3uh1cgHaEv&pid=Api&P=0&w=241&h=155     Test-4.gif

Edited by Limahong
Enhancement
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, manitou said:

I guess that's what happens when form loses consciousness.

Is form informed consciousness (X)? What if it is misinformed (Y)?

(X)  <=>                    th?id=OIP.lrcbAhQWvOwAHoF4DoOeCAHaDZ&pid=Api&P=0&w=335&h=154

(Y)  <=>  th?id=OIP.yRsGH5Mp2vdDd_hm9cQANQHaCZ&pid=Api&P=0&w=562&h=183

Edited by Limahong
Enhancement
  • Like 1

On 7/28/2020 at 12:46 PM, manitou said:

LOL.  That's very funny.  Yes, that place has my name written all over it.

It actually looks kind of perfect.  Hopefully the elevation isn't much over  5,000 ft.  I'll check on that.

I love the fact that there's a spa, on-site chef - I'll check into the cost too.

Denver is about 5,000 feet. Colorado Springs is about 6,000 or so, and Manitou Springs is probably about 6,500. 

• Like 2

Thank you for that!  My COPD couldn't handle it.  I'd be gasping with a blue tongue after the first day.

5 minutes ago, manitou said:

Let's try this later.  Everything is in such a strange state right now.

If I can be there.  I will be.  And I'll bring along a hammock, a 2 person inner tube float, and a VR game.. and my patented Unicorn piss sparkle drink. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

I didn't discover unicorn piss until last year.  I think it's fabulous.  Do you drink it on ice, or with tomato juice?

• Haha 1

2 hours ago, thelerner said:

Unicorn piss sparkle drink. 

Do tell.  I know a few exotic drinks too, but not this one.  Camel Saliva is a favorite. 

• Haha 1