Vas333

Dui trigram metal or water

Hello everyone I am new here and I want to ask when is the dui trigram metal and when is it water?

Thank you

Welcome to the Tao Bums.  A wonderful forum to learn, discuss and cultivate.  Below are 3 important sections: Our Rules, The Insult Policy and our 3 Foundations.  Before you join click on [Reveal hidden contents] give them a read. 

Most of it boils down to being respectful.  No name calling or trolling.  Post as if your mom's looking over your shoulder.  Discussion and arguments are what the board is about.  Keep it civil, don't get personal.  Don't be a troll or one issue zealot. 

We're here for good conversation and make some friends along the way, to be a community.  Jump right in, start threads, ask questions, look for interesting threads and post your (relevant) thoughts. 

For the first week you will be restricted to ten posts per day but after that you can post as much as you like. Also, until you’ve posted fifteen times in the forums, you’ll be a “Junior Bum” with somewhat restricted access and will be allowed only two private messages per day.

Welcome Vas,  not sure which system you're referring too.  Hopefully someone here will be familiar with it.  You might want to fill in more information on the question though. 

TDB team

Read and review Our Rules:

Our Insult Policy- Read it, Live it

5 hours ago, Vas333 said:

Hello everyone I am new here and I want to ask when is the dui trigram metal and when is it water?

It stands for water when you have done "reversal", that is, gone from postheaven to preheaven. 

Next question is usually "how do you do that" the answer is "you need a method" or a Heart-to Heart transmission, depending on circumstances. 😁 

Edited by Cleansox

Thank you for the answer I am referring to Da Liu's book i ching numerology and the early heaven formula.can you please give me an example of "reversal"?

Jing to yuan jing. 

Water refers to jing, calling it Metal is based on the Wu Xing, going in reverse direction, which will move you from water to metal. 

Fire to Wood, the same thought. 

Might not be relevant in arts like Feng Shui or divination.

20 hours ago, Vas333 said:

Thank you

It stands for Metal primarily in the context of classical Chinese medicine and certain neigong practices and has to do with Lungs.  The thing to keep in mind is that the trigrams refer to processes, behaviors of qi, rather than "objects" or "substances."  Dui as Metal describes a particular phase of this process -- that of "concentrating," "contracting," "separating," "controlling Wood," "generating Water," etc..  

• Like 3