Paradoxal

Paradoxical Journey

Welcomer

Off-topic discussion moved from Spooky Discussion Thread

Message added by Welcomer

44 minutes ago, Earl Grey said:

This could be karmic memory at best or wishful thinking at worst. In my own practice with the Akashic Records, clients most often are told that the most significant thing to look at is this life, unless past lives are necessary to consider for the particular obstacle in a client's life and the resulting karma affecting it now. 

I quite appreciate the input on this, as I, myself, am unsure exactly what it was. It was certainly not a "dream", and I don't believe it was "astral projection". Recovering those memories is half of what allowed me to start my journey in this life, as I grew up with an intense hatred and disgust for religion in general, though most of what I had been exposed to up until that point was Christianity and Judaism. I was an extremist, militant atheist. As that was the case, it would have been hard for me to even accept the idea of something that most people could not see, nor would I have been able to accept the idea of cultivation, qi, gods, demons, ghosts, magic, or any of the other phenomena that have become everyday to me. I began studying to figure out what it was, but I still don't have a concrete answer! 

50 minutes ago, Earl Grey said:

Here is what was written as I was performing it, so the sentences are a bit strange due to the way the Akashic lords communicate:

Would it be taboo for me to ask how you accessed the written bits? I've not had direct access to the records via projection myself, so I'm not entirely familiar with the process, but I've never heard them express it in written language. This kind of thing very much intrigues me. 

52 minutes ago, Earl Grey said:

Godspeed then. I don't think you're a "weaboo" anyway--the actual "weaboos" I've met were the people who had waifus as their wallpaper and wanted Japanese girlfriends while saying random Japanese words like "Kawai!" in casual conversation but denied that they were. They also plagued the JET program and made many students think baka no gaijin were all pathetic otaku. 

As interest grows, so do the number of parasites of topics. Unfortunately, fanaticism is quite easy to fall into. I do indeed hope to move to Japan and I also hope to teach, so I may use the JET program, but I hope I would at least be a good teacher for the students. Students learn from their teachers, whether the teacher is good or not; this is part of the reason America is having issues currently, as we do not have sufficient incentives for capable teachers, though I digress. I'll need to finish my degree before I can even look at that option, either way.

56 minutes ago, Earl Grey said:

It depends on the classification of the spirit! Sometimes, a spirit tethered here keeps coming back not for its own sake but because it is here to give a message to someone as an ancestor or to travelers who must heed warnings. 

If it is here to give a positive message, it would be wrong to send it away, but if it is here for itself, would it also be wrong to send it away? I've always had trouble comprehending morals. I would think that if someone were to come and cleanup a lot of the haunting hotspots, it would be an overall good thing, but I don't quite know if it's acceptable to exercise power that way.

Just now, Paradoxal said:

My main requirement for organizations such as religion is that I will never put a deity above myself.

Hey, go for whatever it is you wish--they don't recruit aggressively and they don't treat their teacher Mokichi Okada as a god. He's a teacher and master of light, that's all. It's both a religion and spiritual practice that focuses on healing, natural agriculture, and arts and aesthetics for balanced living. Admittedly, I'm not an active member either! :D 

1 minute ago, Paradoxal said:

I'm completely open to monk training, as I plan to become a monk once I finish my worldly missions, but I need to grow my knowledge first. 

This in itself actually leads to spiritual arrogance potentially--read Siddartha by Hesse, or look at the people who even boast about doing vipasana retreats for 3-10 days, and people I know who went to an ashram for 2-3 years in India. 

Remember that the great hermit lives among men in cities and the small hermit lives in seclusion. 

There's also a risk you may be hoping to learn something in the temple or shrine that you don't actually acquire--be careful, as there are many horror stories about being there and finding out it's not what it was assumed to be! 

Grow your worldly knowledge not by hiding in a temple or shrine like a drunkard hides in his cup in the tavern, but by embracing balance. You will find there is no separation from the sacred and the profane, nor is a temple any more enlightened than a brothel (you'll know which Zen master said this if your studies are ace). 

Some shrines may actually tell you to turn off your spiritual vision and focus on being present instead of helping you actually cultivate that which you hope to have. 

2 minutes ago, Earl Grey said:

This in itself actually leads to spiritual arrogance potentially--read Siddartha by Hesse, or look at the people who even boast about doing vipasana retreats for 3-10 days, and people I know who went to an ashram for 2-3 years in India. 

Remember that the great hermit lives among men in cities and the small hermit lives in seclusion. 

There's also a risk you may be hoping to learn something in the temple or shrine that you don't actually acquire--be careful, as there are many horror stories about being there and finding out it's not what it was assumed to be! 

Grow your worldly knowledge not by hiding in a temple or shrine like a drunkard hides in his cup in the tavern, but by embracing balance. You will find there is no separation from the sacred and the profane, nor is a temple any more enlightened than a brothel (you'll know which Zen master said this if your studies are ace). 

Some shrines may actually tell you to turn off your spiritual vision and focus on being present instead of helping you actually cultivate that which you hope to have. 

When speaking of growing my knowledge, I'm actually referring to knowledge of this world, rather than spiritual knowledge. I want to know how this game works, how I can replicate this game, and how I can use its mechanics elsewhere. How can I build a computer from scratch? How did western medicine develop? How did eastern medicine develop? What can be used to power a car? How do we make "books"? etc. While I recognize that knowledge of this world is not particularly valuable in most cases, it is what I feel I need to seek before I attempt to seek higher planes.

I am not well-read enough to tell you where that quote comes from, but I do recognize it. It was probably quoted in one of the books I've read, as my reading on source materials is lacking.

What I would like to do as a monk is meditate and practice martial arts without being bothered by the concepts of "money", "time", "space", etc. Most likely I'd be enrolling in a martial Buddhist system, though who knows what the future will actually hold?

1 minute ago, Paradoxal said:

When speaking of growing my knowledge, I'm actually referring to knowledge of this world, rather than spiritual knowledge. I want to know how this game works, how I can replicate this game, and how I can use its mechanics elsewhere. How can I build a computer from scratch? How did western medicine develop? How did eastern medicine develop? What can be used to power a car? How do we make "books"? etc. While I recognize that knowledge of this world is not particularly valuable in most cases, it is what I feel I need to seek before I attempt to seek higher planes.

Great! This is a key step towards understanding what is often cited as the Sefirotic Tree of Life that resembles the ideas "as above, so below" and "as below, so above" which @Daniel can elaborate on.

I might recommend a couple books for you then, at least Jonathan Black's The Secret History of the World (published in the US under pseudonym Mark Booth however) and the graphic novel series Promethea by Alan Moore. 

These are very good resources for those who wish to discuss or know more about the frameworks that help understand the spirits and paranormal universe we live in (in keeping with the topic of this thread).

4 minutes ago, Paradoxal said:

I am not well-read enough to tell you where that quote comes from, but I do recognize it. It was probably quoted in one of the books I've read, as my reading on source materials is lacking.

Quoting your sources is good college and grad student behavior, but all knowledge becomes wisdom when it is understood as principle. :D So don't worry unless you're trying to win an Internet argument with an idiot who demands references. 

5 minutes ago, Paradoxal said:

What I would like to do as a monk is meditate and practice martial arts without being bothered by the concepts of "money", "time", "space", etc. Most likely I'd be enrolling in a martial Buddhist system, though who knows what the future will actually hold?

An Aikido program was once posted here by @thelerner a few years ago I believe, and if you are not restricted to Japan, you may want to look at 골굴사 instead in Korea or some other programs in Taipei. 

As the old maxim goes, If a student is ready, a teacher will appear and a teacher is not necessarily an individual, but the opportunity itself for self-learning. 

• Like 3

@Paradoxal,

I haven't read all the replies, maybe this was already brought up? Based on the OP, I think QM and multiverse theory is the best fit for explaining the phenomena described in the OP.

Are you familiar with this idea?  Infinite multiverses? 

https://www.space.com/31465-is-our-universe-just-one-of-many-in-a-multiverse.html

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Many-worlds_interpretation

It's, at the very least, an interesting thought experiment...

But beyond that, I think @Earl Grey gave you excellent advice.  Focus on now.  By all means be inspired by your previous possible lives and who you may have been.  But use that in a practical way.  It sounds like you're already doing that, moving forward, not navel gazing into the past.  So... ya know... good on ya :)

Best wishes,

Edited by Daniel

30 minutes ago, Daniel said:

I haven't read all the replies, maybe this was already brought up? Based on the OP, I think QM and multiverse theory is the best fit for explaining the phenomena described in the OP.

Oh, yeah, multiverse theory is exactly what it is. I agree with you there.

• Like 1