Paradoxal

Question on astral projection

Speaking as someone who has been practicing magic for around 7 years and someone who started cultivation only a year ago:

I've been led to begin learning astral projection, but I have found it hard to get out of body even during the vibrational state. I've tried many of the normal active methods, including climbing the rope, wiggling out of the body, willing yourself out of the body, etc. I can get the vibrations with relative ease, but I seem to have trouble making that last jump out of the body. Is there anyone here that may know of a way to troubleshoot this kind of thing? Are there methods specific to cultivators for astral projection? What about internal energy techniques to enable easy leaving of the body?

I am assuming your magical practice is the source of the techniques you have been using ?

What type or school of magical practice have have you been involved with ?  I ask as I am not familiar with ' during the vibrational state. ... I can get the vibrations "  Vibrations ? 

Have you tried this  method ?   There is a key element in here :

https://hermetic.com/crowley/libers/lib6  

SECTION V   ( with section 1 as preamble )

I got over the problematic stage  (  @  Section V : 3 ) by getting the 'astral form'  to do an activity I was very familiar with  (in my case  a martial arts form) - pick something that you are very familiar with and conditioned by . As you imagine the projection of yourself doing the activity , eventually the 'seat of consciousness'  or 'the source of your imagining ' will be centred / originating from the projection. Then you can proceed with points 4 ... 5 ....  and so on .

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Nungali said:

I am assuming your magical practice is the source of the techniques you have been using ?

What type or school of magical practice have have you been involved with ?  I ask as I am not familiar with ' during the vibrational state. ... I can get the vibrations "  Vibrations ? 

Have you tried this  method ?   There is a key element in here :

https://hermetic.com/crowley/libers/lib6  

SECTION V   ( with section 1 as preamble )

I got over the problematic stage  (  @  Section V : 3 ) by getting the 'astral form'  to do an activity I was very familiar with  (in my case  a martial arts form) - pick something that you are very familiar with and conditioned by . As you imagine the projection of yourself doing the activity , eventually the 'seat of consciousness'  or 'the source of your imagining ' will be centred / originating from the projection. Then you can proceed with points 4 ... 5 ....  and so on .

The techniques I have been using are not sourced from my magical practice, rather, they are sourced from texts geared towards "normal" people. Most of them are new-age-type books.

I practice a variant of high magic, or perhaps divine magic, though, in my case, it's more of a mix-mash of various traditions. Most of the spells I cast use internal energy as a catalyst to influence the external energy with no rituals. Nearly all of my rituals are internal or done via the mental landscape. Most of my current ability is learned from books, experimentation, and enlightenment, for lack of a better term. I was not fortunate enough to have a proper teacher in this regard, though I do seem to have a few attainments from past lives sticking to me. 

I have not tried the method listed there, so I will give it a shot later on today or tomorrow. 

Much thanks for the reply!

Edited by Paradoxal

It's an interesting topic that potentially those who are naturally able to project can do so as you say, due to cultivation in a past life.

8 minutes ago, idiot_stimpy said:

It's an interesting topic that potentially those who are naturally able to project can do so as you say, due to cultivation in a past life.

I'm 100% sure that I have past life benefits, though I don't know the extent of them. That said, astral projection doesn't seem to be one of them. I find it possible that the level of contamination of my body is holding me back, though I've not seen any records of others having this kinda issue. Indeed, I've not seen records of people taking over a year of constant detox when starting cultivation, so my case may just be a bit more rare than most.

Edited by Paradoxal

6 hours ago, idiot_stimpy said:

It appears so with a lot of magical 'abilities '   and  'realisations '    as well - accrued benefit .   Also some  ancestor 'experience '  via genetic inheritance .

' Astral Projection ' is problematic  due to variant ideas and expectations about it  and also some  passed on wrong info  ( eg . when

' astral travelling '  some believe they are moving about in the physical  material world .  But its called astral travelling because you are moving about the ASTRAL world .

And the same goes for what people think the 'astral world'  is   ;) 

• Like 1

Notice if there's any part of your body that's still not vibrating. Then connect to a pure source of energy and begin to exhale impure energy from all of your body while also intaking pure energy. You must feel your astral body getting bigger and then smaller, as if you where a balloon.