KoHsuan

Bill Bodri

Guys... I am just curious about Bill.. Some of his stuff is very strange for me to put it mild but some is truly amazing like white skeleton, 9-wind pranayama etc.. Last two articles on tantra in his blog are just great

http://www.meditationexpert.com/blog/

he is very often sounds like the one who knows everything and the rest of us are ignorant.. and to be honest sometimes he is talking about things hardly could be found anywhere else...

if somebody knows him personally question is:

what is his personal level of enlightment? is he already supreme being compare to normal tao bums as us?

Edited by KoHsuan

He is a nice guy and has a high level of cultivation. That's why most of his info is almost free but extremely effective on what it can deliver. :)

He is a nice guy and has a high level of cultivation. That's why most of his info is almost free but extremely effective on what it can deliver. :)

Has anyone read his "Insider's Guide to the World's Best and Worst Spiritual Paths and Practices"? He doesn't seem to have a very good opinion of qigong. That seeking anything is antithetical to enlightenment practice. I've asked myself the same question. Still my conclusion, for now, is get in excellent physical shape, then on to serious enlightenment practice.

Edited by 松永道

I'm reading it just now, he seems to think it is merely playing with the bodies lowest level of energies and not very useful, and has no comparison to real meditative kung-fu...

In kind regards,

Adam.

Please let me know what you think afterwards.

Also, does anyone know the Chinese characters for Bordri's master Nan-hua Ching? I assume the pinyin is Qing Nanhua or Jing Nanhua. I'd like to check out one of his books.

Awesome, I can't get to the wiki due to the great firewall here in China, but your pinyin showed me the way.

南怀瑾 Nan Huai-jin in simplified Chinese.

Thanks!

Also could somebody comment on these two books from his website?

1/ White Fat Cow: How to Change Your Life, Fortune and Destiny Through Merit and Meditation

2/The Story of Chinese Taoism

My take on Bodri is that his information is very good - top quality and accurate. My problem with his work is more to do with his style of writing. He is all over the place, he simply does not stay on topic. I much prefer a more formal style, whereas, he is rambling and all over the place. I prefer one idea per sentence and one complex idea per paragraph. And a systematic and complete exploration of a single topic per chapter. He, often at times, seems unnecessarily long winded and generally scattered. In my view, he needs a strong professional editor for his books. But if you can ignore all that and simply condense the content of the writing, I think he is great.

The story of Chinese Taoism seems great, much more formally written and academic. I don't think he wrote it, Nan did. I have a copy, but have not looked at it too closely due to its academic nature, as I am more concerned with practical meditation, and the insights and mechanics thereof.

In kind regards,

Adam.

Hey Adam, what's your verdict on "Insider's Guide"?

Coincidentally I was just having a conversation with a Daoist the other day and mentioned Nan Huaijin, Bodri's master. Apparently he's well regarded as a scholar over here but not regarded as a meditation master. Of course, he may downplay that aspect as China is still a bit weary of "masters".

Hey Adam, what's your verdict on "Insider's Guide"?

Coincidentally I was just having a conversation with a Daoist the other day and mentioned Nan Huaijin, Bodri's master. Apparently he's well regarded as a scholar over here but not regarded as a meditation master. Of course, he may downplay that aspect as China is still a bit weary of "masters".

Hi there,

Well, I was unable to get through it due to the previously mentioned reasons. However, I will return to it. I tend to read 4 or 5 books at once, and I gravitate to the best (for me) and come back to the others in turn. So I am reading an amazing book on Mahamudra - the best English representation out there in my view. So that easily one out my attention.

http://books.google.com.au/books?id=AFm8Gq...ary_s&cad=0

If you'd like a copy of the "Best and Worst", PM me and I'll send you one.

In kind regards,

Adam.