Sign in to follow this  
Hannes

The human phenomenon seen as a vessel

I was contemplating something yesterday.

Biologically a human is a collection of gene expressions and there is a drive to pass on those genes.

On a rational and social level a human is a collection of idea's and beliefs that form ideologies.

Those ideologies are build up from something science calls memes.

cfr. https://www.amazon.com/Virus-Mind-New-Science-Meme/dp/1401924697

for a good easy readable book about memetics theory.

It is said in  meditation that we are not our body (with it's genes)

and we are not our thoughts (with it's memes)

Yet we seem to identify with both most of the time.

My biggest question is if there is on a spiritual level another packet of information for which we are a vessel

but that is not us in essence?

As a side note; it feels like the first stages of spirituality or growth seem to have a lot to do with realizing and identifying that we are not are genes or memes. We neither the body, nor the thoughts or ideologies. And we are not the states of consciousness we go through?

From my observations and contemplations I can definitely say we are not our thoughts alone.  I believe that there is some kernel of a thing within us that collects our experiences, and that we have an alternative set of experiences we arent truly aware of that it encounters.  I think this kernel of a thing, call it a soul if you like, generates our thoughts.  Its influenced by our bodies actions and our minds choices, but it exists in another plane.  For me, this plane is infinite; I have no static home, Ive seen in vision and dream many scenarios, and been told many things, things that do not necessarily correlate into one themed Universe.  I think it is possible there is a home for this kernel of a thing after death, but I cannot be certain.  Ive often thought that we are born with this kernel, that this kernel is us, and that our waking state is unawares of the going on within us, but is influenced by its memory.

"things" come and go, form and unform, while the kernel implied is not a thing at all and is also not nothing thus could be alluded to as No-Thing (or not a thing itself) from which every-thing springs.

I see streams and rivers with pools and vortices, swirling in patterns recognizable as humans, trees, birds, stones...

All the forms of the 10,000 are fluid verbs to me and appear as rivers and streams of energy naturally flowing along the paths of least resistence and oscillating along anti-podal polarities generated by the flow, these energies coalesce into patterns through and between the emptiness that supports all form.

Cymatics and Sacred Geometry have been remarkably beneficial and resonant in this study... not so much for the conscious mind, but for the underlying awareness.

• Like 1

Sign in to follow this